Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

Once you use a scholarship it is committed to a player for the whole year. For example IU would not be able to accept Biedscheid with the scholarship freed up by Fischer.

If that's the case, then how does Mizzou have a scholarship to offer Biedscheid? I thought one opened up when they had a player leave the team after games had started, which seems the same situation, just different timing.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case, then how does Mizzou have a scholarship to offer Biedscheid? I thought one opened up when they had a player leave the team after games had started, which seems the same situation, just different timing.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure jmm is mistaken.

People really should stop talking about cutting players mid season. That is beyond poor taste.

I'm not going to place money on it, but unless the rules have changed in the last year or so I think I'm right on this.

I'm not going to place money on it, but unless the rules have changed in the last year or so I think I'm right on this.

I believe you are mistaken. Eligibility is for the whole year, but I'm certain that it's only because Jankovic transferred at the semester that they have a scholarship available to offer Biedschied. SLU already had an available scholarship for the whole season, but they don't have one to offer both him and Fischer (sp?). I'm sure the players already on the roster are enrolled for next semester and the school must honor that and can't take away those allocated funds unless they get kicked out of school.

I believe you are mistaken. Eligibility is for the whole year, but I'm certain that it's only because Jankovic transferred at the semester that they have a scholarship available to offer Biedschied. SLU already had an available scholarship for the whole season, but they don't have one to offer both him and Fischer (sp?). I'm sure the players already on the roster are enrolled for next semester and the school must honor that and can't take away those allocated funds unless they get kicked out of school.

Or.... The coaching staff has a discussion with them informing them that won't be playing any minutes and in their best interests to transfer.

Barnett is graduated already. Get him some graduate academic scholarship and give his athletic scholarship to one of those guys.

Barnett's scholarship is already spoken for.

How many centers can we have on the

Apparently Crawford and Lancona are not above it. I'm a little concerned about Lancona. His father said he was not concerned about him starting as long as he got playing time. That is not happening on a regular basis, although there may be a legitimate reason for it. It seems they should have redshirted Crawford. His freshman year is being wasted, imo. However, there is probably a good reason for that also.

You can say Crawford's freshman year is being wasted or you can say we are one year closer to him moving on either as a graduate or transfer - not saying he is transferring - I was never really sure about him but it really is too early to tell. I am not sure TL is in trouble to transfer - if he wants to be closer to home then maybe but otherwise none of the freshmen are getting any meaningful minutes. For whatever the reason, JC intends to play JB at least for now and until that changes, TL and RA will find themselves blocked. JC can change his mind - RM did with Cassidy.

CB is apparently visiting mizzou today.

Would be nice if any outlet would report if he even plans on visiting SLU. I guess people repeatedly asking Timmermann on Twitter isn't enough to get even a tweet on the subject. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

Apparently TT decides what he wants to report on even if the matter is one that most would think would be relevant - at least regarding recruiting that is what Kshoe says TT told him. It is not hard to believe it since he never does report on the topic per se.

I know the staff is working hard on getting him but all the buzz seems to be that he's going to Mizzou.

That's because nobody in the media will buzz our way. Ben is the only one that follows recruiting for SLU and he's out of the country.

That's because nobody in the media will buzz our way. Ben is the only one that follows recruiting for SLU and he's out of the country.

Agreed. I have not read anything that makes me overly concerned to this point. I think the only reports have been that he has been contacted by Mizzou, is visiting, and is interested in Mizzou along with SLU. I would imagine similar articles could be written with regards to SLU.