GDT: NC Who?

JettFlight5

Grandys lack of ability to score or even draw fouls in the low post worries me. As strong as he is he doesn't seem to take contact well

+1. Everyone saying that Grandy's "strength" is valuable then why can't he make "strong" moves around the hoop. It's not like he's drawing fouls either, he's only attempted 18 free throws ALL YEAR.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying I don't like it but I was watching with family and when he started to face up the defender I immediately said "watch this crossover" or something along those lines... its just been with his left and in the exact same spot three times this year. It will definitely work I just think it may start to come up in scouting reports... depending on how much pt he starts to get.

It doesn't just work. It works because he sells the initial drive. If they scout him and start overplaying him waiting for it he just beats the defender with the initial drive. A great crossover is pretty tough to stop. The best way is to just lay off. The question will become, can he hit the 12 footer. If so, you have to crowd him. He also finished the drive with great body control in traffic

+1. Everyone saying that Grandy's "strength" is valuable then why can't he make "strong" moves around the hoop. It's not like he's drawing fouls either, he's only attempted 18 free throws ALL YEAR.

Of the people who have played 100+ minutes so far this year. Here is their rate of free throw attempts per minute:

DE - .2813

JJ - .1459

AM - .0748

GG - .0726

RL - .0685

JM - .0677

MM - .0661

JB - .0540

Grandy gets to the lane an average amount for the amount he plays.

PA was Shawn Balint - he used to do news updates on KTRS 550, he did one of the games last year.

The best fill in was Randy Moehlman, the Rascals and Mizzou football PA. I think he even posted on the board before/after his fill in game.

We can only hope the Gus Fowlups will take his other day off this season.

Also SIUe basketball PA.

Of the people who have played 100+ minutes so far this year. Here is their rate of free throw attempts per minute:

DE - .2813

JJ - .01459

AM - .0748

GG - .0726

RL - .0685

JM - .0677

MM - .0661

JB - .0540

For our team he is average, but we as a team go to the line pretty infrequently. Last time I checked, our FT rate was around 300th in the country. It has probably gone up after the last two games, but we have not been getting to the line much this season.

For our team he is average, but we as a team go to the line pretty infrequently. Last time I checked, our FT rate was around 300th in the country. It has probably gone up after the last two games, but we have not been getting to the line much this season.

Agreed, I should have added that. As a function of how we run our offense, we're trying to get open looks. We're not ever going to generate a ton of fouls as compared to a team like Wisconsin.

Agreed, I should have added that. As a function of how we run our offense, we're trying to get open looks. We're not ever going to generate a ton of fouls as compared to a team like Wisconsin.

Why would a team like Wisconsin, a team built around 3-point shooting, be more prone to drawing fouls than SLU?

Why would a team like Wisconsin, a team built around 3-point shooting, be more prone to drawing fouls than SLU?

You're right, they wouldn't be. Terrible example by me. They shot 30 free throws against us, but in general they don't go to the line often.

You're right, they wouldn't be. Terrible example by me. They shot 30 free throws against us, but in general they don't go to the line often.

Perhaps Villanova would be a better example. They've shot something like 10% more free throws than we have in 2 less games. They also shoot a lot of threes but they can get to the line.

DE - .2813

JJ - .01459

AM - .0748

GG - .0726

RL - .0685

JM - .0677

MM - .0661

JB - .0540

Is that number for Jordair correct? It looks like that leading zero ought not be there. If it's supposed to be there, then Jett gets to the line FAR less than any of his teammates.