GDT: So, Valparaiso

On a positive note, it was nice to see the Bills attack the zone with the double high post that RM used on occasion. I think this is a good sign and will produce very positive results.

Can someone tell me why Glaze was limited in play in the second half after scoring 12 in the first half? I know Loe was in foul trouble and they seem to work well together high/low, but i don't understand why he didn't get more pt.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlights of the game:

Jett gets undercut, no foul at 0:57.

Jett volleyball spike at 1:15.

Dwayne should've flopped 1:35

Box someone out, McCall 2:26.

"Clean block" at 2:50. Might have gotten all ball with his hand, but both of those guys got Loe with the body.

Watch their big guy just completely take Loe out of the play on when Dority ties it at 3:52. I know they would never call that at the end of the game, but come on.

And of course, McCall tip in at 4:15.

Your response could HAVE benefited from a comma between "message board" and "but" due to the presence of two independent clauses separated by a conjunction.

Doowop - Owned

Highlights of the game:

Jett gets undercut, no foul at 0:57.

Jett volleyball spike at 1:15.

Dwayne should've flopped 1:35

Box someone out, McCall 2:26.

"Clean block" at 2:50. Might have gotten all ball with his hand, but both of those guys got Loe with the body.

Watch their big guy just completely take Loe out of the play on when Dority ties it at 3:52. I know they would never call that at the end of the game, but come on.

And of course, McCall tip in at 4:15.

Jordair wasn't undercut, but he jumped into the defender, who had his back turned and wasn't backing up. It was a good no call.

Loe got hammered. It clearly should have been a blocking foul.

Jordair wasn't undercut, but he jumped into the defender, who had his back turned and wasn't backing up.

Looks to me like he turned his back after Jett left the ground and took a step back / stuck his arm out to shield himself from Jett. IMO should have been a foul because he is not set when Jett makes contact with him.

Your response could HAVE benefited from a comma between "message board" and "but" due to the presence of two independent clauses separated by a conjunction.

You are right. Using a comma could have benefitted my response. However, a comma was not necessary and not using one did not make the sentence incorrect.

Can someone tell me why Glaze was limited in play in the second half after scoring 12 in the first half? I know Loe was in foul trouble and they seem to work well together high/low, but i don't understand why he didn't get more pt.

Very good question. Doubt you will get any meaningful answers here, but very good question. I wondered the same thing (although, I was watching under a napkin...).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157638495279424/

Photos from the game and a bunch of the crowd. The photographer, valpopal, on the Valpo board, wanted people to see themselves. Those who attended can pick themselves out.

BTW, one of the free throw shooters in the contest was Will Bogan (bald guy) who was picked by his friend as a challenge to Will. Will, if you don't remember, was a player on last season's Valpo team. Since Will won he did not accept the gift certificate which some of you may have noticed and wondered about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157638495279424/

Photos from the game and a bunch of the crowd. The photographer, valpopal, on the Valpo board, wanted people to see themselves. Those who attended can pick themselves out.

BTW, one of the free throw shooters in the contest was Will Bogan (bald guy) who was picked by his friend as a challenge to Will. Will, if you don't remember was a player on last season's Valpo team. Since Will won he did not accept the gift certificate which some of you may have noticed and wondered about.

bbtds.

Goodbye. No one has any interest in your posts or in Valpo.

After initially being down on this win I've decided any win on the road in non conference is a good win. So far Crews is 3-1 in road non conference games. Majerus 1-14, Soderberg 3-15, Romar 3-9. I'll take Crews record no matter how he gets it.

How dare you question our HOF coach. Constructive criticism be damned.

What a great joke for the holidays! I laughed hard at that one. "Constructive criticism" has never been the mode of communication on this board--the posters here love insulting posts as their preferred method of communication. And those posts come hard and unrelenting from the people who know the least about basketball but think they are experts.