Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, pierrelaclede said:

Had no idea KC Hankton played for Chattanooga now. Has 8 points midway through the second half on ESPN

Former Billiken assistant Tanner Bronson is on the staff there as well.

French is no longer with Krka, per their website. "Naši košarkarji bodo nastopili brez Hasahna Frencha, s katerim smo se sporazumno razšli". Translation " Our basketball players will play without Hasahn French, with whom we parted ways amicably". That is why he is in D.C. with the team.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:27 PM, Bills By 40 said:

How long until the Tall Blacks have to rename their team? #CancelNewZealand 

I know this is in jest, but for anyone who doesn't know: The Tall Blacks nickname is a play on the NZ National Rugby team nickname "All Blacks" because their uniform is all black.  It is one of those things that sounds cringeworthy but has nothing to do with race.

Many NZ National teams use the "blacks" nickname as a piggyback off the rugby team.

Hilariously the badminton team briefly went by the "Black *****" nickname, but they no longer do.  Cancel culture came for the NZ badminton team before it was even a thing.

22 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I know this is in jest, but for anyone who doesn't know: The Tall Blacks nickname is a play on the NZ National Rugby team nickname "All Blacks" because their uniform is all black.  It is one of those things that sounds cringeworthy but has nothing to do with race.

Many NZ National teams use the "blacks" nickname as a piggyback off the rugby team.

Hilariously the badminton team briefly went by the "Black *****" nickname, but they no longer do.  Cancel culture came for the NZ badminton team before it was even a thing.

I had to google the badminton team’s nickname and boy is it worth it

stmdragons and almaman like this

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

nothing crazy but a bunch of former and current SLU guys playing some pickup.

I spotted J good, Roby, Yuri, Nesbitt, okoro, and Pickett. Anyone else of note?

This is awesome. I would've bought a ticket to watch this pickup game

On 3/10/2022 at 7:20 PM, BilliesBy40 said:

I had to google the badminton team’s nickname and boy is it worth it

For sure.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:52 AM, BuiltFordBills said:

nothing crazy but a bunch of former and current SLU guys playing some pickup.

I spotted J good, Roby, Yuri, Nesbitt, okoro, and Pickett. Anyone else of note?

Martavian "Tay Tay" Payne in the white tank top.  Played for Madison Prep under Tony Irons.  Another guy named Brion plays for the Ballislife Midwest team

WOW!  Having been to PB and UAPB, this is unfathomable to me.  The campus is an HBCU that time forgot.  The city is terrible and the smell from the paper plant permeates everything.  Golden Lions 28 and 90 over last four years comign off a 7 win season.  Cool logo, however.  One of the best.