Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

SLU -> DePaul -> Florida JUCO -> Grambling -> ?

Did I miss any stops in there?  Gordon might have more schools in his history than games played.  Cautionary tale for sure.

That covers it. 13 SLU games. 0 DePaul. 6 NW Florida. 0 Grambling.

The last time he played in a DI game was in 2018. 

18 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I first checked back in September and he wasn't on it then.  He hasn't been added since.

cant remember when I checked, but wasnt too long ago. I follow him on snap, because his snaps are WILD.  but hes been there working out with the team, practicing ect until pretty recently- maybe as far as 2-3 weeks ago.  He posted their scedule and mentioned something about a comeback szn. 

Thanks for the info, I was curious about how Mickey Pearson was doing playing playing for Ball State (MAC, overall ranking 211). The answer is quite poorly. Ball State's first game of the season was a loss against Georgia Southern. MP played 11:31 min made 2 pts, 1 Reb and 1 assist. The second game was a win against Omaha. MP played 18:05 min, made 2 pts, 3 Reb, 1assist, and 1 steal.

Demarius Jacobs is doing OK scoring in the double digits in the game against Omaha. I wish all the best to Demarius.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:47 PM, Old guy said:

Thanks for the info, I was curious about how Mickey Pearson was doing playing playing for Ball State (MAC, overall ranking 211). The answer is quite poorly. Ball State's first game of the season was a loss against Georgia Southern. MP played 11:31 min made 2 pts, 1 Reb and 1 assist. The second game was a win against Omaha. MP played 18:05 min, made 2 pts, 3 Reb, 1assist, and 1 steal.

Demarius Jacobs is doing OK scoring in the double digits in the game against Omaha. I wish all the best to Demarius.

Old guys love of Mickey Pearson will forever be my favorite message board running joke. 

MattyMo213 likes this

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

I check the box scores on every SEMO game to see how he is doing and I am glad Phillip got recognized.

Good for him and nothing against SEMO but I hope Phillip will transfer to a better program if he has a great season.

22 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I hope he stays in Cape, gets some other good players and makes the program relevant

You and me both!! SEMO should be able to do a much better job of recruiting STL talent that is D1-level but not exactly D1-level, but enough to run through the OVC minus Belmont. I always hated that they weren't a better program while I was there. 

2 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

You and me both!! SEMO should be able to do a much better job of recruiting STL talent that is D1-level but not exactly D1-level, but enough to run through the OVC minus Belmont. I always hated that they weren't a better program while I was there. 

SIUE and SEMO have both failed epically in this regard. 

15 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Between STL, Memphis and JUCOs, you'd think they'd be able to build a good program.  Unfortunately, they've had some really good players transfer over the years, like Denzel Mahoney, who left for Creighton.  I hope Phil sticks around.

-I also love that our former players are still following the team, that's great, reminds of JGood on with Frank over the summer where JGood was appreciative of CFord going to Vegas to watch him in the Summer League, I get that CFord was not around for Junior and Jett and I guess they are welcome around the program

On 11/30/2021 at 12:56 PM, 3star_recruit said:

Perfect fit for Russell.  Could move from low-major to mid-major if he keeps playing at this level.  Former Vashon PG James Washington made such a move from Western Illinois to Middle Tennessee State about 15 years ago.

Phil goes for 24 and 4 assists in SEMO’s 75-73 win over Evansville. 10-16 from the floor and 2-4 arc. 

Jordan Goodwin Update

He's been benched.  Hasn't started the last 4 games and his numbers have taken a hit.  3 of the 4 games he has come off the bench they have lost.

His last game he ended up playing 30 minutes with 14 points. 5 boards, 6 assists, and 3 steals.