Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to do a double take and make sure this was the same Jalen Johnson.  As a freshman, he played with Mike Crawford and Reggie Agbeko during Ford's first year at SLU!  Guys who are already 5th years because of a RS transfer year sticking around an extra COVID year seem like they've been around forever.  Jalen has now gone SLU (2 years) > Louisiana (1 RS year, 1 year) > Mississippi St (1 year) > Texas A&M (1 year). 

44 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I had to do a double take and make sure this was the same Jalen Johnson.  As a freshman, he played with Mike Crawford and Reggie Agbeko during Ford's first year at SLU!  Guys who are already 5th years because of a RS transfer year sticking around an extra COVID year seem like they've been around forever.  Jalen has now gone SLU (2 years) > Louisiana Tech (1 RS year, 1 year) > Mississippi St (1 year) > Texas A&M (1 year). 

texas A&M is a big step up.   it will be interesting to see how much he will be used.

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

texas A&M is a big step up.   it will be interesting to see how much he will be used.

A&M was much worse than Mississippi State last year.  I'd call it sort of a lateral move.  He'll probably be a regular rotation player like he was at Miss St, but not the focal point like he was with Louisiana.  Certainly A&M and Miss St are a big a step up from Louisiana.

5 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I had to do a double take and make sure this was the same Jalen Johnson.  As a freshman, he played with Mike Crawford and Reggie Agbeko during Ford's first year at SLU!  Guys who are already 5th years because of a RS transfer year sticking around an extra COVID year seem like they've been around forever.  Jalen has now gone SLU (2 years) > Louisiana (1 RS year, 1 year) > Mississippi St (1 year) > Texas A&M (1 year). 

He’s gotta be 24/25 years old.

Is he working on a doctorate?

10 hours ago, Old guy said:

It appears that he has not found what he was looking for, sorry for him.

Alternatively: It appears he's found exactly what he is looking for - more high level college basketball in the Greater Louisiana vicinity. Good for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2021 at 12:46 PM, billiken_roy said:

aTm just got hit with sanctions 2 years probation and 2 game suspension for their coach who looks like he's just a constant ball of sweat in his stupid vested suits.  JJ making a mistake moving.   Must be a grad year transfer as i think SEC has penalties for in conference transfers. 

15 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Looks like #KingConk is headed to Turkey.  I'm pretty sure that the Turkish League is high up there in terms of overall talent and skill. Obviously I'll defer to @thetorch on this though...

If it’s the Turkish Super League, It’s the third ranked foreign league, allegedly. Not sure what league this is though.

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

If it’s the Turkish Super League, It’s the third ranked foreign league, allegedly. Not sure what league this is though.

It is the Turkish Super League.  SEMT77 just earned promotion to the Super League in June.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Saw this at work this morning. Congrats, Doc!

20211020_085029.jpg

RickMa loved many of his players. He would just beam with pride as he would talk about Paul. I don’t remember, did Paul ever get a scholarship?

Either way, one of the great Billiken student athletes that makes being a SLU fan so much fun. 

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

RickMa loved many of his players. He would just beam with pride as he would talk about Paul. I don’t remember, did Paul ever get a scholarship?

Either way, one of the great Billiken student athletes that makes being a SLU fan so much fun. 

I believe he was on athletic scholarship all but one year, and then received an academic scholarship to cover his last year of undegrad.