Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

I feel like this is where he confirms or denies that he is actually done.  This is sort of a bombshell.

Can't listen, but would love a recap.  

He didn't confirm nor deny. Basically, if an agent says he needs a development year, he'll use it at SLU

Meeting with Ford scheduled today to discuss either way.

TheChosenOne likes this

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has not ruled out playing again. Says he would run back and play for SLU if it was determined that was his best course of action. He's having a meeting with Ford today. Said the McKissic thing would be in the back of his mind, but he has to do what's best for him and JG will do what's best for himself. Goodwin said Okoro is the 2nd hardest worker, after himself. Great teammate. Will be a leader.

A10Ref and BuiltFordBills like this

Goodwin said he felt the effects pretty bad for about a week. He's meeting with Travis today, but meeting with an agent is also in the works. 

Based on what he said, he seemed clear that IF he came back it would be SLU, it would not be another program. My guess would still be that he goes, but it's at least encouraging that he didn't rule out a return.

TheChosenOne likes this

32 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

He didn't confirm nor deny. Basically, if an agent says he needs a development year, he'll use it at SLU

Meeting with Ford scheduled today to discuss either way.

JGood could definitely play professionally somewhere, but in the NBA? I'm no expert, but right now, I think he has more work to do. His 3pt% improved, but still isn't great. His FT% also improved, but could be better.

Jordan should come back one more year and lead the Bills to the Big Dance. Then he'll get to the NBA.        

1 hour ago, ACE said:

He has not ruled out playing again. Says he would run back and play for SLU if it was determined that was his best course of action. He's having a meeting with Ford today. Said the McKissic thing would be in the back of his mind, but he has to do what's best for him and JG will do what's best for himself. Goodwin said Okoro is the 2nd hardest worker, after himself. Great teammate. Will be a leader.

Goodwin is aware that the Covid situation ended his chances to be drafted into the NBA this year. I assume he is calculating what is best for him, to start a professional career at a foreign league (and start making money as soon as possible), or to try to maintain his dream of getting drafted by the NBA if he plays an additional year for SLU. In this regard, I  honestly do not think the Covid situation will be that much different next year. If Goodwin wants to keep his dream alive that is his business, personally I would go professional in a foreign league and start making money. A moment always come when dreams have to be set aside.

Again, my opinion only, feel free to disagree.

4 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I will use this opportunity to let folks in on a mistake that I made that will hopefully prevent anyone else from making the same mistake. The last time someone posted something amusing from Grandy I searched for him on Instagram, went on his account, and sent my friends what I viewed as one of the more amusing photos. I am a no judgment type of guy, but unless you want the occasional photo of essentially nude black dudes in your Instagram search section, do not do that. The Instagram algorithm is hard at work on my account between attractive women hitting golf shots and black dudes hanging around the locker room. Good times.

Reading Rainbow (The More You Know) - Drawception

Pistol likes this

6 hours ago, Old guy said:

In this regard, I  honestly do not think the Covid situation will be that much different next year.

???

Approximately 83% of the US population being vaccinated by the beginning of next season vs. 0% vaccinated by the beginning of this season might make a little difference.

9 hours ago, Old guy said:

Goodwin is aware that the Covid situation ended his chances to be drafted into the NBA this year. I assume he is calculating what is best for him, to start a professional career at a foreign league (and start making money as soon as possible), or to try to maintain his dream of getting drafted by the NBA if he plays an additional year for SLU. In this regard, I  honestly do not think the Covid situation will be that much different next year. If Goodwin wants to keep his dream alive that is his business, personally I would go professional in a foreign league and start making money. A moment always come when dreams have to be set aside.

I wasn't a D1 athlete, but I absolutely loved college and graduated in 3 years. I am now over 20 years into my "9 to 5" professional career and realize it is a exponentially easier to stack another year of work for financial gain than it is to get back those glorious college years, especially if you are big man on campus. Everyone has to make their own decision under their own circumstances, and I don't fault J Good for whatever he decides, but don't underestimate a chance to extend what will almost certainly be some of the best years of his life. 

1 hour ago, davidnark said:

I wasn't a D1 athlete, but I absolutely loved college and graduated in 3 years. I am now over 20 years into my "9 to 5" professional career and realize it is a exponentially easier to stack another year of work for financial gain than it is to get back those glorious college years, especially if you are big man on campus. Everyone has to make their own decision under their own circumstances, and I don't fault J Good for whatever he decides, but don't underestimate a chance to extend what will almost certainly be some of the best years of his life. 

You said it, it takes 20 years of office work to realize that perhaps it would have been better to extend college for 1 year and just enjoy it. Young men fresh out of college generally do not have that kind of knowledge.

4 hours ago, David King said:

???

Approximately 83% of the US population being vaccinated by the beginning of next season vs. 0% vaccinated by the beginning of this season might make a little difference.

That is true but if you read the news there is constant mention of new strains, and they have come with ridiculous regs about what you are and not allowed to do after vaccination. They also talk about the immunity not lasting over 6 months! I also read somewhere that about 15 M (plus a fraction) had been vaccinated, not 83% of the population; and Fauci is still preaching isolation and all kinds of precautions. Nope, it is not going to be over by next season unless you happen to live in places like TX or FL, and even in those states private businesses may require masks and social distancing on their own.

6 hours ago, Old guy said:

That is true but if you read the news there is constant mention of new strains, and they have come with ridiculous regs about what you are and not allowed to do after vaccination. They also talk about the immunity not lasting over 6 months! I also read somewhere that about 15 M (plus a fraction) had been vaccinated, not 83% of the population; and Fauci is still preaching isolation and all kinds of precautions. Nope, it is not going to be over by next season unless you happen to live in places like TX or FL, and even in those states private businesses may require masks and social distancing on their own.

The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that an early March poll of 80,000 adults indicates that at least 83% plan on getting the vaccine. 28.9% of the U.S. population has already received at least one shot. That's nearly 100 million people. 2.8 million doses a day were distributed last week, and that number is rising. Also, the vaccination is still effective in preventing most. if not all of the new strains. Maybe not 95% effective, but still effective.

Despite the wishes of many politicians, Covid will not negatively effect next year's college basketball season. I boldly predict zero Covid pauses next year.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:48 AM, David King said:

Despite the wishes of many politicians, Covid will not negatively effect next year's college basketball season. I boldly predict zero Covid pauses next year.

I hope you are not a betting man.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:48 AM, David King said:

The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that an early March poll of 80,000 adults indicates that at least 83% plan on getting the vaccine. 28.9% of the U.S. population has already received at least one shot. That's nearly 100 million people. 2.8 million doses a day were distributed last week, and that number is rising. Also, the vaccination is still effective in preventing most. if not all of the new strains. Maybe not 95% effective, but still effective.

Agreed 

On 3/30/2021 at 12:13 PM, Old guy said:

A few additional factors.
First, JGood stayed local and did not travel to a distant college and may likely have the itch to leave town. 
Second, D1 basketball with NBA dreams is a full-time job is a daily grind with grueling physical practices and also mental demands from new plays to scouting reports to game travel. 
Third, he has already been here 4 years and not 3. 
Hardly the carefree world of college I and most others fondly remember. 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:14 PM, davidnark said:

Did you just paraphrase Otter from Animal House there? ;) Well done, sir. I knew that pre-law background would come in handy. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, thetorch said:

Former Billikens Pro Updates

Dwayne Evans - Ryukyu Golden Kings - Japan B1 League
Japanese basketball was able to use the pandemic to upgrade the talent in their league.  Japan can now rival most European leagues in talent.  Evans continued his ascendance as a top world pro.  He led the Kings to the top record in the Western division, as they ended their regular season 40-17 and are now starting the playoffs.  Evans led the Kings in scoring with 18 ppg and was 2nd in rebounds with over 8 per game.  League wide he finished in the top 20 in both categories.  The B1 league has many former NBA vets like Nick Fazekas, James McAdoo & Jordan Hamilton, along with multiple high level euro vets like Rayvonte Rice, Leo Lyons, Deshaun Thomas.  Evans recorded season highs of 37 points and 15 rebounds in single games this year.

Reggie Agbeko - Agricola Villarrobledo CBV - LEB Silver
Reggie continued his 2nd season in the lower minor league in Spain.  He played last season for Albacete, this year played in the same province but for Villarrobledo.  Villarrobledo is located about 120 miles SE of Madrid.  They played a 26 game season with multiple stops and starts.  Villarrobledo finished 9th in a 14 team division with a record of 12-14.  Agbeko averaged 8 points and 6.6 rebounds in 21 games.  He led the team in rebounding and FG% at 65%.

Javon Bess - N/A
After appearing in 35 games for the Erie BayHawks in 19-20 Bess has not been on any pro rosters.  He did make an appearance in the TBT playing for Big X which played in 2 games in the tournament last year.  No word on whether he is slated to appear again this season.  

Jermaine Bishop - Phoenix Hagen - Germany ProA
After leaving Norfolk St, Bishop signed with Phoenix Hagen.  Hagen is a former Bundesliga squad that was relegated back down to ProA a few years back.  Hagen is located in Central West Germany.  The Phoenix finished their season in April, finishing 9-17 and 11th out of 14 teams.  Bishop was a consistent starter averaging 11 points, 3.5 assists, 3 rebounds, shooting 40% from the field and 36% from 3.

Brian Conklin - JSF Nanterre - France-Jeep Elite ProA
Conklin is playing in his 4th season in the French ProA league and his 2nd season for Nanterre.  Nanterre finished 6-10 in their Eurocup pool, failing to advance.  Currently they are sitting in 11th lace at 10-13 on the season in ProA play, 2.5 games out of a playoff spot with 6 games left to play in the season.  Conklin has had possibly his worst pro season.  He has been spot starting only and playing the fewest minutes of his career. He has averages of 10 points, 4 rebounds while shooting 52% from the field.

Cody Ellis - Warwick Senators - Australian State League
Ellis is back on the hardwood after the Australian State League resumed play after taking a year off.  The ASL season is only a couple weeks old and Warwick sits 3-0 atop the Western division.  Ellis has averages of 17 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals while shooting 23% from 3 and 65% overall.

Adonys Henriquez - Ibereolica Renovables Ourense - Spain LEB Gold
Henriquez made the move to a higher league this year after playing in Argentina his first two pro seasons.  He plays in the 2nd tier of La Liga in Spain, one rung higher than Agbeko does.  Some of the foreign leagues with all the stops and starts this year are trying different formats.  It appears Ourense is 10-14 overall and competing in a relegated section of their league.  Henriquez is their leading scorer at over 11 points a game with 3 boards, 1 assist and 1 steal a game.

Tramaine Isabell - KK Dubrava Furnir Zagreb - Croatian Premier League
Isabell was well traveled this year but put up good numbers at every stop.  He started off in Macedonia but left there after 4 games.  He next signed with a team in the Kosovo league which lasted 5 games.  He finally caught on with Furnir in Zagreb, Croatia.  Zagreb is the capital of Croatia and they have several pro teams in each district in the city.  Furnir had a record of 7-26 and finished 11th in a 12 team league.  They are currently participating in a relegation playoff to remain in the Premier league.  Isabell joined the team for the final 20 games of the regular season.  He averaged 18 points, and 6 assists, both good for 3rd overall in the league.

Rob Loe - New Zealand Breakers - Australian Basketball League
Rob played in Japan’s B league for a portion of the pandemic.  He then came back to the Breakers when the season started.  The Breakers were playing out of Tasmania to begin the season.  Loe nad his wife had their first child in December and the travel constraints caused Loe to leave the team and return to New Zealand.  Loe rejoined the Breakers last month.  The Breakers are 9-20 with 7 games remaining in the regular season and are out of playoff contention.  Loe has been getting back in playing shape since his long layoff and has been coming off the bench to average 6 points, 4 boards, while shooting 35% and 56% from the field.

Mike McCall - Cheshire Phoenix - British Basketball League
McCall started the year in Luxembourg but only lasted there for 4 games before returning for his 2nd stint in the BBL.  Mike was a starter for 22 of 33 games while averaging 13 points and 4 assists.  Cheshire lost in the first round of the BBL playoffs, getting swept 2-0 by the London Lions.

Kwamain Mitchell - KK Mladost Admiral Zemun - Serbian KLS
Kwamain continues his success abroad this time in Serbia.  His team, Mladost, finished regular season champions with a 28-2 record and will compete in the playoffs at the end of this month.  Mitchell is one of the top all around performers in the league averaging 14 points, 6 assists, 2 rebounds and 2 steals while shooting 40% from 3 and 62% overall from the field,

Zeke Moore - N/A
Zeke managed to play a half season with Pardinyes in the Spanish LEB Silver league before leaving the team in late January.  He played in the same league that Agbeko does and did square off against him one time during the season.  In 14 games Moore averaged 16 points and 4 rebounds while shooting 40% from the field and 30% from 3.  Moore has not signed wit any other teams.

Matt Neufeld - Etoile De Sohel - Tunisia ProA
First time seeing Neufeld as a pro.  Know nothing about this Tunisian league.  There are no stats available but they list Neufeld in the starting lineup.  His team is in last place in the standings at 0-10.

Willie Reed - KK Buducnost - ABA
Willie has stuck with an international team for a full season for the first time.  Buducnost plays in 3 leagues, a Montenegro league which Reed doesn’t play in, the Eurocup which they have advanced past pool play in, and the ABA which is a collection of the best leagues in the Baltic states.  Buducnost is well funded and is known as a top franchise in the Balkans.  Reed is currently playing in the ABA finals.  His team lost the first game of a best of 3 but Reed performed well with a 26/10 game going 11-15 from the field.  For the season Reed is carrying averages of 13 and 6 across the board but he appears to be playing much better lately.

Davell Roby - N/A
Roby started his 2nd season with BRNO in the Czech Republic but only stayed for 4 games.  He is not currently on a pro roster.

Ian Vougioukas - Panathinaikos - Greek A1 League, Euroleague
Ian is playing in his 13th pro season, rarefied air for anyone.  He’s only appeared in 11 games for Panathinaikos this year, averaging 3 points & 2 boards.  Panathinaikos is leading the A1 league with a 20-2 record but struggling in Euroleague play at just 11-23.

Torch,

These are always my favorite posts on the board.  Thanks for all the time you put into getting these together! 

thetorch, almaman and NH like this

12 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

Torch,

These are always my favorite posts on the board.  Thanks for all the time you put into getting these together! 

Couldn't agree more- you are the Pistol of the pros.

thetorch likes this

On 5/17/2021 at 9:22 PM, thetorch said:

Former Billikens Pro Updates

Dwayne Evans - Ryukyu Golden Kings - Japan B1 League
Japanese basketball was able to use the pandemic to upgrade the talent in their league.  Japan can now rival most European leagues in talent.  Evans continued his ascendance as a top world pro.  He led the Kings to the top record in the Western division, as they ended their regular season 40-17 and are now starting the playoffs.  Evans led the Kings in scoring with 18 ppg and was 2nd in rebounds with over 8 per game.  League wide he finished in the top 20 in both categories.  The B1 league has many former NBA vets like Nick Fazekas, James McAdoo & Jordan Hamilton, along with multiple high level euro vets like Rayvonte Rice, Leo Lyons, Deshaun Thomas.  Evans recorded season highs of 37 points and 15 rebounds in single games this year.

Reggie Agbeko - Agricola Villarrobledo CBV - LEB Silver
Reggie continued his 2nd season in the lower minor league in Spain.  He played last season for Albacete, this year played in the same province but for Villarrobledo.  Villarrobledo is located about 120 miles SE of Madrid.  They played a 26 game season with multiple stops and starts.  Villarrobledo finished 9th in a 14 team division with a record of 12-14.  Agbeko averaged 8 points and 6.6 rebounds in 21 games.  He led the team in rebounding and FG% at 65%.

Javon Bess - N/A
After appearing in 35 games for the Erie BayHawks in 19-20 Bess has not been on any pro rosters.  He did make an appearance in the TBT playing for Big X which played in 2 games in the tournament last year.  No word on whether he is slated to appear again this season.  

Jermaine Bishop - Phoenix Hagen - Germany ProA
After leaving Norfolk St, Bishop signed with Phoenix Hagen.  Hagen is a former Bundesliga squad that was relegated back down to ProA a few years back.  Hagen is located in Central West Germany.  The Phoenix finished their season in April, finishing 9-17 and 11th out of 14 teams.  Bishop was a consistent starter averaging 11 points, 3.5 assists, 3 rebounds, shooting 40% from the field and 36% from 3.

Brian Conklin - JSF Nanterre - France-Jeep Elite ProA
Conklin is playing in his 4th season in the French ProA league and his 2nd season for Nanterre.  Nanterre finished 6-10 in their Eurocup pool, failing to advance.  Currently they are sitting in 11th lace at 10-13 on the season in ProA play, 2.5 games out of a playoff spot with 6 games left to play in the season.  Conklin has had possibly his worst pro season.  He has been spot starting only and playing the fewest minutes of his career. He has averages of 10 points, 4 rebounds while shooting 52% from the field.

Cody Ellis - Warwick Senators - Australian State League
Ellis is back on the hardwood after the Australian State League resumed play after taking a year off.  The ASL season is only a couple weeks old and Warwick sits 3-0 atop the Western division.  Ellis has averages of 17 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals while shooting 23% from 3 and 65% overall.

Adonys Henriquez - Ibereolica Renovables Ourense - Spain LEB Gold
Henriquez made the move to a higher league this year after playing in Argentina his first two pro seasons.  He plays in the 2nd tier of La Liga in Spain, one rung higher than Agbeko does.  Some of the foreign leagues with all the stops and starts this year are trying different formats.  It appears Ourense is 10-14 overall and competing in a relegated section of their league.  Henriquez is their leading scorer at over 11 points a game with 3 boards, 1 assist and 1 steal a game.

Tramaine Isabell - KK Dubrava Furnir Zagreb - Croatian Premier League
Isabell was well traveled this year but put up good numbers at every stop.  He started off in Macedonia but left there after 4 games.  He next signed with a team in the Kosovo league which lasted 5 games.  He finally caught on with Furnir in Zagreb, Croatia.  Zagreb is the capital of Croatia and they have several pro teams in each district in the city.  Furnir had a record of 7-26 and finished 11th in a 12 team league.  They are currently participating in a relegation playoff to remain in the Premier league.  Isabell joined the team for the final 20 games of the regular season.  He averaged 18 points, and 6 assists, both good for 3rd overall in the league.

Rob Loe - New Zealand Breakers - Australian Basketball League
Rob played in Japan’s B league for a portion of the pandemic.  He then came back to the Breakers when the season started.  The Breakers were playing out of Tasmania to begin the season.  Loe nad his wife had their first child in December and the travel constraints caused Loe to leave the team and return to New Zealand.  Loe rejoined the Breakers last month.  The Breakers are 9-20 with 7 games remaining in the regular season and are out of playoff contention.  Loe has been getting back in playing shape since his long layoff and has been coming off the bench to average 6 points, 4 boards, while shooting 35% and 56% from the field.

Mike McCall - Cheshire Phoenix - British Basketball League
McCall started the year in Luxembourg but only lasted there for 4 games before returning for his 2nd stint in the BBL.  Mike was a starter for 22 of 33 games while averaging 13 points and 4 assists.  Cheshire lost in the first round of the BBL playoffs, getting swept 2-0 by the London Lions.

Kwamain Mitchell - KK Mladost Admiral Zemun - Serbian KLS
Kwamain continues his success abroad this time in Serbia.  His team, Mladost, finished regular season champions with a 28-2 record and will compete in the playoffs at the end of this month.  Mitchell is one of the top all around performers in the league averaging 14 points, 6 assists, 2 rebounds and 2 steals while shooting 40% from 3 and 62% overall from the field,

Zeke Moore - N/A
Zeke managed to play a half season with Pardinyes in the Spanish LEB Silver league before leaving the team in late January.  He played in the same league that Agbeko does and did square off against him one time during the season.  In 14 games Moore averaged 16 points and 4 rebounds while shooting 40% from the field and 30% from 3.  Moore has not signed wit any other teams.

Matt Neufeld - Etoile De Sohel - Tunisia ProA
First time seeing Neufeld as a pro.  Know nothing about this Tunisian league.  There are no stats available but they list Neufeld in the starting lineup.  His team is in last place in the standings at 0-10.

Willie Reed - KK Buducnost - ABA
Willie has stuck with an international team for a full season for the first time.  Buducnost plays in 3 leagues, a Montenegro league which Reed doesn’t play in, the Eurocup which they have advanced past pool play in, and the ABA which is a collection of the best leagues in the Baltic states.  Buducnost is well funded and is known as a top franchise in the Balkans.  Reed is currently playing in the ABA finals.  His team lost the first game of a best of 3 but Reed performed well with a 26/10 game going 11-15 from the field.  For the season Reed is carrying averages of 13 and 6 across the board but he appears to be playing much better lately.

Davell Roby - N/A
Roby started his 2nd season with BRNO in the Czech Republic but only stayed for 4 games.  He is not currently on a pro roster.

Ian Vougioukas - Panathinaikos - Greek A1 League, Euroleague
Ian is playing in his 13th pro season, rarefied air for anyone.  He’s only appeared in 11 games for Panathinaikos this year, averaging 3 points & 2 boards.  Panathinaikos is leading the A1 league with a 20-2 record but struggling in Euroleague play at just 11-23.

Austin McBroom - YouTube 

Got in a fight yesterday with TikToker Bryce Hall at a weigh in for their upcoming boxing match

Zink, TheChosenOne and JMM28 like this