thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Pretty sure he is going into his senior year at SIUE

That is correct. He averaged 12 points, 3 rebounds and 28 minutes a game for SUIE as a junior last year. Good shooting percentages — 47% overall, 38% 3pt, 78% FT.

He’s a 6-7 guard...his averages are solid but with his accuracy, even as a SLU frosh, one would think he could be more dominant.

Then again there’s not a whole lot of stars on that team, so that could be problematic. Although it appears their recruiting went up a notch this year, we’ll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 11:18 AM, HoosierPal said:

45 minutes from where I was stationed at Spangdahlem AFB in GE. I spent quite a bit of time in Luxembourg and was even a guest DJ in a club there 3-4 times. It's also only about 45 minutes from Bitburg GE, home of Bitburger, the best beer in the world. Bitte ein Bit? 

Reinert310 and BilliesBy40 like this

15 hours ago, slufanskip said:

45 minutes from where I was stationed at Spangdahlem AFB in GE. I spent quite a bit of time in Luxembourg and was even a guest DJ in a club there 3-4 times. It's also only about 45 minutes from Bitburg GE, home of Bitburger, the best beer in the world. Bitte ein Bit? 

I’ve been in parts of Germany on 1 bike trip & 2 river cruises - there are no bad beers there - I always drink what’s on tap & am partial to the dark stuff - can’t wait to go again but not this year 🤔😟

slufanskip likes this

Last thing you or anyone else wants to happen is to be in a cruise (sea or river, I do not think it makes a difference) that has the misfortune to have someone in it (passenger or crew) getting diagnosed with Covid. Better to stay away from cruises for now.

3 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

I’ve been in parts of Germany on 1 bike trip & 2 river cruises - there are no bad beers there - I always drink what’s on tap & am partial to the dark stuff - can’t wait to go again but not this year 🤔😟

3 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

Nothing wrong with a Franziskaner Dunkel.  It didn’t seem to suffer after being bought out by AB InBev.

20 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Good yes. Best beer in the world? Will have to say No.

Agree with Major M - the best (certainly freshest) beer is found by sampling the local ones on tap... but the taste of those Budvar Budweisers, on tap and in their own glasses, followed closely by the Pilsner Urquels, again on tap, on my way from Germany to Prague is the best I have ever had. Yes, the taste has only gotten better in my mind these past 20 years - both far better than what is lost in bottling and in shipping to the States.

On a related note, I love Guinness Stout, another beer favorite of mine, have had some far better than others- freshness, temperature, proper pour, but will have to wait a little longer before tasting a fresh one in Dublin. Again, I hear no comparison. 

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Good yes. Best beer in the world? Will have to say No.

Agree with Major M - the best (certainly freshest) beer is found by sampling the local ones on tap... but the taste of those Budvar Budweisers, on tap and in their own glasses, followed closely by the Pilsner Urquels, again on tap, on my way from Germany to Prague is the best I have ever had. Yes, the taste has only gotten better in my mind these past 20 years - both far better than what is lost in bottling and in shipping to the States.

On a related note, I love Guinness Stout, another beer favorite of mine, have had some far better than others- freshness, temperature, proper pour, but will have to wait a little longer before tasting a fresh one in Dublin. Again, I hear no comparison. 

It's my favorite beer but did you actually think I seriously consider it the best beer in the world? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hmart23 said:

Just heard that Zeke Moore will be foregoing his final year at SIUE to go pro. Spot being filled by former UCONN and St. Johns player Sidney Wilson. 

I assume Zeke has a diploma from one of his college stops.  I wonder how much of his decision is based on schools going on line?  He won't be getting rich playing pro ball.  

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, hmart23 said:

Just heard that Zeke Moore will be foregoing his final year at SIUE to go pro. Spot being filled by former UCONN and St. Johns player Sidney Wilson. 

If Wilson can get his head on straight, this will be a huge get for SIUE.  I don't know what got him suspended at UConn, but a former top 100 kid from the Bronx ending up at SIUE must have meant he had limited options. The kid is a great athlete with a huge wingspan.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wgstl said:

huuuuuuh?! Random.

Rick was Ian's coach on Pananthinaikos for 2 seasons.

Ian has been primarily a bench player for 4 years, granted on one of the best teams in the world outside of the NBA.  He was pretty highly paid.  May be time to hang it up.  He's not much of a contributor at that level anymore.

wgstl likes this

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, thetorch said:

There are several more active former Billikens but for various reasons they are not on a team or their seasons have not started yet.  As far as I can tell these are all the former Billikens actively playing in leagues today.

Reggie Agbeko - Signed on with Agricola Villarobledo CBV in the Spanish Silver league.  Agbeko is in the starting lineup for the team which has started off their season 1-2.  Reggie is averaging 6 points and 6 rebounds.  Villarobledo is located about 100 miles SE of Madrid.

Jermaine Bishop - Bishop signed with Hagen in the German Pro A league, one step below Bundesliga.  Several Billikens have played in this league including Chris Heinrich and Dwayne Evans.  Hagen is 2-0 on the season.  Bishop is their 2nd leading scorer at 11 points, also averaging 3 rebounds and 3 assists.  Hagen is located in Western Germany about 50 miles east of Dusseldorf.

Brian Conklin - After spending last season with Limoges, Conklin has returned to play for Nanterre this season in the French ProA league and Eurocup.  Nanterre is currently 3-1 in ProA play and 2-4 in Eurocup pool play. Conklin is averaging 10 and 6 with 53% shooting in ProA play while he is tallying 8 and 3 in Eurocup competition.  Nanterre has an interesting wrinkle to their team as they have 16 year old 7’2 Victor Wembayama on their team, the top big man prospect in Europe since Dirk.  He plays on their junior team but has gotten in games with the SR team and works out and practices with the men.

Dwayne Evans - Evans played last season in Italy’s top league and right now is playing in Japan’s top league which Rob Loe also spent some time in last year.  Evans plays Ryuku Golden Kings in Okinawa.  The Japan league has some very high end players among their imports like Rayvonte Rice, Jordan Hamilton, Nick Fazekas, and Jack Cooley.  Majority of the league is comprised of less talented Japanese players.  Evans is having his best pro season.  Ryuku is 11-2 and in first place.  Evans is averaging 20 points, 10 boards, 3 assists and 2 steals.  He joined the team late and has only played in  games but they have won every game he’s played.  He even went off for a 37 point, 14 rebound performance a few weeks ago.

Ingvi Gundmundsson - Ingvi has moved on from the Icelandic league and is now on the roster of the Dresden Titans of the German B league.  Through 4 games he has yet to make an appearance in a game.

Adonys Henriquez - Henriquez left South America and is now playing for Ourense in the Spanish Gold league, 1 step above where Agbeko plays but below the major Spain league.  Henriquez averages 12 points and 4 rebounds through 4 games for 1-3 Ourense.  Ourense is located in NE Spain, above Portugal about 50 miles from the Pacific.

Tramaine Isabell - Isabell plays for MZT Skopje in the Macedonian top league.  Stats are hard to come by but Skopje is in first place with a 12-2 record.  Stats are only available from the first 3 games and Isabell had 17 points, 4 boards and 8 assists and appears to be the best player in the league or close to it.  Skopje is located in Northern Macedonia, near the border with Kosovo.

Mike McCall - McCall has caught on with AB Contern in the Luxembourg Total League.  He is putting up solid numbers, 16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals through 4 games for his 2-2 squad.  Milik Yarbrough also plays in this league.  Contern is located just minutes outside Luxembourg City.

Zeke Moore - Zeke is playing for Pardinyes Lleida in the Spain Silver league, same as Agbeko.  Pardinyes is 0-4 on the season and Zeke is averaging 13 points and 4 boards.  Lleida is located in NE Spain, 100 miles west of Barcelona.

Willie Reed - Reed is playing for Budocnost Podgorica in Montenegro.  He is participating in their play in the EuroCup play (in a different pool than Conklin) and in the ABA, which is an international league of Baltis State teams.  It doesn’t appear he is playing in any Montenegran league games.  In Eurocup play in which they are 3-2 Reed has averaged 13 and 8 on 70% shooting.  In ABA play Reed is averaging 7 and 7 and they are 4-0.  Podgorica is located in South Central Montenegro, on the shores of Skadar Lake.

Kwamain Mitchell - Took me forever to find him.  European reporting outlets are referring to him as Lamar Mitchell now. Kwamain is now playing in Serbia after being in Russia for several seasons.  His team is KK Miladost in the KLS, the top Serbian league.  His team is 6-1, near the top of the league and Kwamain is averaging 16 points and 6 assists.  Miladost is located in Zemun, just north of Belgrade on the Danube in Central Serbia.

Love these posts! Thanks for all the effort in getting this together. I guess Jett never did make it back after that latest stent in Australia?