thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Billiken Updates 11/19

Mike McCall - Finished last season averaging 16 ppg, 6 apg, shooting 39% from 3 for the Manchester Giants in the British Basketball League.  He was named to the All Star team and highlighted his season with a 50 point performance where he shot 8-9 from 3. McCall has now signed with HOYA in the Hungarian B league.

Tramaine Isabell - Recently signed with Etha Engomi in Cyprus.  They are in last place but Isabell led them to victory in his debut this week scoring 21 points, 9 assists and 5 boards off the bench.

Adonys Henriquez - Enters another season in the Argentinian League, this season playing for Regatas Corrientes.  Henriquez leads the 2-5 team in all categories averaging 20 points, 8 boards while 43% from 3.  

Ingvi Gudmundssen - Struggled last year as one of the youngest players in the Icelnadic League, Ingvi is now rounding into form.  Averaging 12 points, 5 boards, and 4 assists for Grindavik, who is 4-5 and just outside of playoff range.

Ty Graves - Has played in 7 games coming off the bench fro North Carolina Central.  Scoring 7 points shooting 33% from 3. NCCU is 2-5.

Zeke Moore - Has started all 8 of SIUE’s games.  He is currently averaging 10 points, 3 boards, 2 assists and shooting 28% from 3.

Jalen Johnson - Starring for the 4-3 La-Laffayette Ragin Cajuns.  Leading the team in scoring with 17 ppg, and 2nd in rebounds with 6 a game.  Shooting 81% from the line 28% from 3 and 47% overall.  

Jermaine Bishop - Finally eligible for Norfolk St and wasting no time establishing himself.  Leads the team in minutes and scoring, averaging 16 points with 3 boards and 3 assists. Hitting 43% of his 3s and 81% of FTs.

Davell Roby - Just resigned with BRNO in the Czech Republic League.  He had originally signed with a team in the Ukrainian Superleague, played 4 games for them and averaged 11 points.  BRNO started off their season 0-11 and now Roby is back. He scored 18 points off the bench in his first game back.

Javon Bess - Through 5 games with the Erie Bayhawks Bess is averaging 16 points a game, 3 boards and 2 assists, shooting 45% from the field and 39% from 3.  Bess is currently injured and hasn’t dressed for several games.

D.J. Foreman - Acquiting  himself well playing for Lusitania in the top Portugese league.  Averages 14 ppg with 5 boards for a 4-3 team.

Ash Yacoubou - Has come back to the US and is in the G League with the Long Island Nets. He’s getting 13 minutes a game averaging 2 points and 4 rebounds per contest.

Dwayne Evans - After 2 seasons in Bundesliga Evans has signed to play in Liga A in Italy for Sassari.  Currently Evans is participating in regular season play in Liga A while his team is also playing prelim matches for Basketball Champions League.  Through 15 total games Dwayne is averaging 14 points and 6 boards.

Grandy Glaze - He’s bounced around from pro am leagues in canada to euro tryout leagues in South America.  It looks like he has caught to a team in Jordan but I can’t find any stats.

Cory Remekun - After 2 seasons in the French pro B league Cory is now playing for CAEN which is a step below proB at NM1.  Hopefully this is not a long term demotion for him. He is averaging 8 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks through 12 games.

Reggie Agbeko - Reggie played 1 year in the Danish league and then took last season off.  He is back at it, this time playing the 3rd tier spanish league for an Albacete team that is 5-7.  Reggie is starting and averaging 8 points and 5 boards through 12 games.

Willie Reed - Reed looks to have burned his last bridge with the G league, he was suspended for games last seasonand then released in January.  He hooked up with Utah’s summer league team but failed to make it to training camp despite averaging a double double. Reed signed with Olympiacos and is currently competing in Euroleague play.  He’s pretty deep on the depth chart only playing 8 minutes a game as a reserve. Still playing in the most competitive league outside of the states.

Brian Conklin - After another tour in Australia Conklin went to Puerto Rico over the summer and won team MVP averaging 16 points while lifting a last place team into the playoffs.  Conklin has since gone back to France to play for his former team, Limoges, in the top French league. Limoges is currently participating in league and eurocup play. Conlin is averaging 14 points, 6 boards, shooting 50% from the field and 44% from 3.

Kwamain Mitchell - Still remains with Vladivostock in the Russian Superleague.  Kwamain is leading the the 9-1 first place squad with nearly 14 points a game and is 3rd in the league in assists with 6 a game.

Rob Loe - Rob has been extremely active this past season.  After finishing the season with the last place Cairns in the NBL Rob joined the Wellington Saints in the NZ league and averaged 13 a game.  He then started for the NZ national team in the FIBA World Cup. Next he signed with the New Zealand Breakers of the NBL and played 2 NBA teams in the preseason, showing up nicely with 15 points a game and 5 boards, shooting 53% against NBA competition.  He has started the season with the Breakers and is averaging 8 points and 4 boards while shooting 41% from 3.

Kevin Lisch - Lisch is back for his 4th season with the defending NBL champ Sydney Kings.  He is averaging 13 ppg, 3 assists and 2 steals but has been out for several weeks with an ankle injury.

Ian Vougioukas - Ian is on his 3rd season playing for Panathinaikos and his 2nd under Rick Pitino.  Ian comes off the bench for 8 minutes a game averaging 3 points and 4 boards in both Euroleague and Greek League play.  Not too bad for a 35 year old playing in the 2nd best league in the world. Teammates include Jimmer Fredette, Nick Calathes, Wesley Johnson. Deshaun Thomas, Tyrese Rice and Giorgios Papagiannis.

Jordair Jett - He was just in town so still not with a team for this season.  He played with Conklin on Illawarra last season in the NBL averaged 12 points game, then went to the NEw Zealand league and dominated with 18 points a game, 5 assists, 5 boards and shooting 52% from the field.  Australia has changed their model with signing Americans, going for much younger future NBA draft picks vs overseas veterans so Jett may be freezed out of that league.

Agree Great post. Thank You

15 minutes ago, gabriel said:

I just checked the JUCO that Carte'are used to play for, he's no longer listed on their roster

Yep, appears he gone... again.

Oddly, he is on this list: https://tv5.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22

It seems highly unlikely, but could he be looking to transfer again at semester break?

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Oddly, he is on this list: https://tv5.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22

It seems highly unlikely, but could he be looking to transfer again at semester break?

Also on that list...

4. Patrick Tape, 6-10, 232 pounds, PF, Sr., Columbia (GRADUATE)
Tape is redshirting this season and will graduate and transfer. A highly efficient offensive player, Tape averaged 11.3 points and 5.9 rebounds in 2018-19 while shooting 66.7% from the field.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Georgetown seems to have several scholarships now available.  (The Titanic is looking for some new band members.)

On 12/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, thetorch said:

Davell Roby - Just resigned with BRNO in the Czech Republic League.  He had originally signed with a team in the Ukrainian Superleague, played 4 games for them and averaged 11 points.  BRNO started off their season 0-11 and now Roby is back. He scored 18 points off the bench in his first game back.

I’m still kicking myself for not watching him play while I was in Brno, I think it would’ve been hilarious for him to see someone rockin Slu gear in a gym with about 50 people.

Box and Won likes this

Zeke Moore scores 28 for SIUe on 11-16 shooting tonight. Unfortunately, his Cougars lost at home as a 12.5 pt. favorite to lowly Chicago State, 89-81. 😳 How do you lose a home game to the second worst team in the country?

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2019 at 8:44 AM, Old guy said:

One of the continuing objects of my negative attention as a Billiken fan, as is known to this board, is and continues being Mickey Pearson. The one that thought he was too good to be a Billiken. He is enrolled at TCU and I wished him a happy career riding the pine. He is now a Horned Frog. As it turns out to be, TCU has a total of 20 enrolled players (with numbers assigned) in their team. That means, as far as I understand, that 13 have scholarships and the rest are walk ons.

I really do not know if Pearson has a scholarship or not, what is certain is that he did not play during TCU's first and only game so far. 12 other players did play but not Mickey, he sat. He is also not mentioned at all in the previews I read from TCU. I hope this situation continues and that he enjoys doing what he is doing now, which is riding the pine. No other player I know deserves this fate better.

And here it goes wishing Mickey a happy future sitting on the bench as a horned toad. The Germans have a specific word for this "Schaudenfreude". Google it if you wish, it is informative.

I love the hate you have for the tool... you'll be happy to know that TCU just landed transfer Charles O'Bannon Jr. - a 6'6 former 5-star player from USC. This will presumably push Mickey further down the bench. Perhaps granny will have another illness and he will be on the move again, closer to home.

11 minutes ago, Compton said:

He’s not playing this year. Taking a redshirt. Not that that should stop any booing during warm-ups or otherwise. 

Blue font, maybe we can get him as a grad transfer in a few years.

All fine and well, but Mickey Pearson is not a former Billiken, as the thread title suggests.  Signing a LOI doesn't make him a Billiken; it takes at least attending a class — more practically, as far as Billiken basketball fans are concerned, suiting up for at least an exhibition (by which definition I guess Luis Santos wouldn't really be considered a former Billiken, but he can get a waiver; Pearson can't).