Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

On 10/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, RUBillsFan said:

"LeBron (James). He's the best there's ever been. ... I loved it. I loved it, and he has a ring now. I get into so many arguments about this."

Ask him if now that he is older and wiser he realizes Jordan is the best there’s ever been.

rgbilliken and TheDude like this

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/31/2019 at 1:18 PM, jimbofive said:

GOTDAMN.

I get so hot and wet watching clips of that team.

Towel me, I guess.

They were fun to watch. I doubt Evans would throw Crews under the bus, but it would be interesting to see if there's any truth to the idea that those guys were coaching themselves. 

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Carteare had 12 and 9 in his first game at Northwest Florida.

Not exactly Zion numbers. I guess he figures he's 6 months at NWF and then back to D1? That post does nothing to convince me he's recognized his personality flaws. 

Reading the Gordon post got me wondering about our other star recruit in that class. Of course that would be , Mickey "Grandma" Pearson. Nothing other than he's on the TCU roster and his number is 0. Could this be the reason he jilted SLU? JGood wouldn't give up his number? One other interesting point TCU's second game is vs Louisiana Tech  and Jalen Johnson. 

35 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Zeke Moore is eligible and started for the Cougars in their win over Quincy on Tuesday.

That's DII Quincy.  Moore played 22 minutes, went 1-6 from the floor, 1-3 from 3 and grabbed 6 rebounds.  At the time of his transfer, I would've rather he stay at SLU just because I hated to see a local kid leave and I felt like maybe he could be decent role player as a shooter off the bench.  Given his #s at Tulsa last season and this game, I think it is safe to say we aren't really missing him.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20191109/GBOERI/

javon with 27 last night.  go bayhawks.

One of the continuing objects of my negative attention as a Billiken fan, as is known to this board, is and continues being Mickey Pearson. The one that thought he was too good to be a Billiken. He is enrolled at TCU and I wished him a happy career riding the pine. He is now a Horned Frog. As it turns out to be, TCU has a total of 20 enrolled players (with numbers assigned) in their team. That means, as far as I understand, that 13 have scholarships and the rest are walk ons.

I really do not know if Pearson has a scholarship or not, what is certain is that he did not play during TCU's first and only game so far. 12 other players did play but not Mickey, he sat. He is also not mentioned at all in the previews I read from TCU. I hope this situation continues and that he enjoys doing what he is doing now, which is riding the pine. No other player I know deserves this fate better.

And here it goes wishing Mickey a happy future sitting on the bench as a horned toad. The Germans have a specific word for this "Schaudenfreude". Google it if you wish, it is informative.

SLU_Lax likes this

• 3 weeks later...