Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

Conklin Update

Halfway through the season Conklin was cruising as one of the best players on the best team in the PR league.  He was then shipped off to the very worst team.

Conklin came on with his new team at 6-16.  He led them to a 10-2 finish and a playoff berth with MVP numbers.  Playoffs start next week.

TheDude likes this

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Conklin Update

Halfway through the season Conklin was cruising as one of the best players on the best team in the PR league.  He was then shipped off to the very worst team.

Conklin came on with his new team at 6-16.  He led them to a 10-2 finish and a playoff berth with MVP numbers.  Playoffs start next week.

he's having another Conklin Summer.

rgbilliken likes this

Back to the beer issue. I think beer is like wine in some respects, namely there is no better or worse beer, the difference is how much  you like a particular beer. If you really like something make sure you drink it. Do not worry about the opinion of the next guy. It is the same thing with wine, I have tried cheap  wine that I  liked a lot better than more expensive stuff with  a lot greater numerical  ranking scores plus awards won in competition. Let your taste buds decide what is good for you, it will increase your satisfaction and possibly save you money.

Rob Loe has signed with the New Zealand breakers for next season in the Australian NBL.  He will be playing with RJ Hampton. Hampton is the potential top 3 draft pick from Texas who decided to skip college to face off against Kevin Lisch in the NBL.  Loe is currently playing with the Wellington Saints in the New Zealand NBL to stay in shape for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.  He is the starting center for New Zealand's national team.

On 6/9/2019 at 8:51 AM, Old guy said:

Back to the beer issue. I think beer is like wine in some respects, namely there is no better or worse beer, the difference is how much  you like a particular beer. If you really like something make sure you drink it. Do not worry about the opinion of the next guy. It is the same thing with wine, I have tried cheap  wine that I  liked a lot better than more expensive stuff with  a lot greater numerical  ranking scores plus awards won in competition. Let your taste buds decide what is good for you, it will increase your satisfaction and possibly save you money.

So your saying don't drink what you don't like, do drink what you do like? 

carterchapleymedia.wordpress.com/2019/06/13/the-case-for-javon-bess/ 

The link above, posted in the Messaged board main screen, gets you to a very nice article written by an NBA scout about Javon Bess's chances at the upcoming NBA draft. The article is called "The Case for Javon Bess." For those interested in Javon Bess this is a very interesting read. Enjoy and pray for Javon, he deserves any openings he can get and there is interest in the league for him.

billiken_roy likes this

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

carterchapleymedia.wordpress.com/2019/06/13/the-case-for-javon-bess/ 

The link above, posted in the Messaged board main screen, gets you to a very nice article written by an NBA scout about Javon Bess's chances at the upcoming NBA draft. The article is called "The Case for Javon Bess." For those interested in Javon Bess this is a very interesting read. Enjoy and pray for Javon, he deserves any openings he can get and there is interest in the league for him.

Oldy what are you talking about? That is written by former UNEWS Billiken beat writer Carter Chapley

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

14 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26994195/lamelo-ball-commits-play-australian-nbl

Hope this sideshow doesn't mess with Jett or Conklin's careers (assuming they're both back there next year?)

It's hard to understand the press releases about Brian and his team now because it's all in Spanish. I'd imagine Jett will for sure head back.

I'd bet the farm Illwarra jerseys will be made by BBB.

Conklin is going to kick the tires again in Europe.  If he gets a good offer he doesn't go back to Australia this season.  

Jett is going to stay down under but I doubt if he is back on Illawarra.  I don't think either Conklin or Jett enjoyed their roles.  Jett was definitely on a 1 year deal and is no longer on the Hawk roster.  Jett showed he can play again last year and he was never in good shape because of nagging injuries.  If he can really get in top shape he could blow up in the league.  Conklin has to play a lot of center in Australia and in Europe he usually plays a 3 or 4.  I don't think he wants to bang around with Andrew Bogut another season.  He's done very well in PR and will get some looks in France or Spanish top leagues this upcoming season.

5 hours ago, FatherB said:

Willie Reed going to be playing in the NBA this year?

No, it would be a miracle if he played in the NBA again. Has a suspension hanging over his head. Hopefully he heads overseas to make some real money.

53 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

No one posted that Isabel is invited to play in the summer league?

I was just wondering about Tramaine (based on your post I am assuming he is playing in the summer league as well!), who will he be playing with? I have been killing this board with Google requests, but when is the summer league and are those games broadcast? I am looking forward to following the three former Billikens.

46 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I was just wondering about Tramaine (based on your post I am assuming he is playing in the summer league as well!), who will he be playing with? I have been killing this board with Google requests, but when is the summer league and are those games broadcast? I am looking forward to following the three former Billikens.

Clips

TheChosenOne likes this