Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, abas115 said:

If Willie got the chance to play alongside KD, SC, KT, DG, AI, and the gang, I guarantee two rings for Mr. Reed.

GS is needing a rim protector 

On 4/6/2016 at 8:39 AM, aj_arete said:

I see in that article that Lisch became an Australian citizen. Sounds like he's really enjoying it down there. Who knows? If Trump is our next president, I might join him...

Cool guy. Really, cool. Well said, well done. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, thetorch said:
Marque Perry has his own clothing line Marq by Marque

Good for Marque.

Website is very well done.

Nice to see our basketball player alums become entrepreneurs. 

Best of luck Marque, wish you success.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Long seasons. Their end of season tourney goes into the fall and then regular season starts at the beginning of the year. He was playing against Ash last season.

8 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Long seasons. Their end of season tourney goes into the fall and then regular season starts at the beginning of the year. He was playing against Ash last season.

Oh.  Thanks.

Anything about Tommie Liddell III?  Is he still playing?

Are any of SLU's (more) recent grads getting into coaching?

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Oh.  Thanks.

Liddell didn't even make it one year abroad.  He bounced out of the Argentinian league after a few weeks.  Thomas Crone had a writeup on him last year or the year before in the RFT.  He's finishing up his degree and rapping while working in the parking garage last I heard.

We have a decent amount coaching locally.  Tatum, Frazier, Love, I think Luke Meyer is still out in Borgia.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Oh.  Thanks.

There was an article last year about Liddell returning to SLU to finish his degree.  Does anyone know if he completed his course work or is still at it?

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There was an article last year about Liddell returning to SLU to finish his degree.  Does anyone know if he completed his course work or is still at it?

I believe he was talking only 1 or 2 courses a semester . It was going to take a couple of years. 

52 minutes ago, David King said:

So, which of the above players has the highest salary?

I bet Ian despite being a bench guy makes 80-100k easy, maybe more, maybe much more.

Cory, Roby, Ash, might only 3k-4k a month, maybe less.  Its tax free and room and board is taken care of so.  Their teams can almost play year round or have 3-4 months off.  So they are making a middle class salary.  Again that is if they get paid, which sometimes it is hard.

Evans and Mitchell probably make much more.  I bet Evans makes 60k a season in Bundesliga and they usually pay all your money.  Mitchell plays for a rich owner and the Russian usually pay well.  He has an international star rep so he should be upwards of 80k, possibly more.

Conklin hustles real hard playing multiple leagues.  He may get 80-120k in Australia, another 30 in Puerto Rico and then may make slightly more when he plays in Europe.

Jett and Loe make less than Conklin I would imagine.  NBL has strange cap rules.  1.1 million soft cap, natives can make a great deal if you are a star and only count 150k against the cap, but your cap numbers cannot be more in salary than 400k for any 5 players on the team.  Loe could be 45-60k and more in the NZ league.  Jett makes more than that probably 60 and another 20 in NZ.

Lisch is an Australian citizen so he can make more than most players.  He's a top guy, all star, former MVP.  With perks he could pull in 250k, maybe not that much.

Reed makes 35k.

McCall in the British league probably pulls in 40-50k, maybe less.

No idea on Ellis.  Can't be that much 2-4k a month but I think his family owns the team so he may get paid more and do other jobs.

SLU_Lax, David King, Zink and 1 other like this