thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.basketzaragoza.net/noticias/kevin-lisch-se-incorpora-al-cai-zaragoza

Looks like Kevin is going to Spain. May need to open in Chrome to translate.

Lisch was released by JSF Nanterre and promptly replaced by former Mo St.. player Kyle Weems.

Lisch will now be playing in a better, albeit larger league, Liga ACB. Many many former NBA players are currently active in this league. Outside of the US only the Russian Superleague can rival the talent in Spain. Current players in the league include Sergio Rodriguez, Rudy Fernandez, Maciej Lampe, Andres Nocioni, Fran Vasquez, Juan Carlos Navarro, Nikola Mrotic, and just drafted Walter Tavares. Some current Americans in the league, Xavier alums romain Sato and justin Doehlman, Ben Hansbrough, Jacob Pullen, Joey Dorsey, Marcus Landry, and Kyle Kuric.

Quick updates before I forget.

Cody Ellis is thriving in the Aussie State league for the Stirling Senators. In 13 games he is averaging 20 points, 9 boards, 2.7 assists and 1.5 blocks. His senators team is in 9th place with an 11-10 record. Only shooting 33% from 3 but he hoists them up, shooting nearly 10 3 pointers a game.

Brian Conklin has had a rough season in NZ struggling with injuries and team distractions. His sharks finished 4th in the league and are in the final playoffs trying to defend their title. Conklin missed 5 games with injuries but still managed to average 20 points, 9 boards, and shoot 57% from the field. He and teammate Kevin Braswell Georgetown 02) make up the best 1-2 punch in the league. Unfortunately 3 teammates were kicked off the team for committing crimes, and another player was suspended for drugs. At one point their coach had to suit up and play. A great deal is being made if this will be Conklin's last season playing in NZ. he is one of the league's most celebrated players. Conklin wants to focus on the playoffs before making a decision.

I don't have a "start a new topic" on my screen so I'm posting this here. The 2013-2014 Billikens are on TV today at 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm on UVerse channel 647, Fox College Sports America, FCSA.

Hadn't seen that one. It looks like Cory finally added a back to the basket game. Granted his level of competition is in between low major and D-II but still he looks like he has improved in several areas.

Hadn't seen that one. It looks like Cory finally added a back to the basket game. Granted his level of competition is in between low major and D-II but still he looks like he has improved in several areas.

gotta say, he looks pretty mean in that video. way athletic, some big in your face dunks, monster blocks, and even some solid dream shake action. he was serviceable for us, but wish we'd seen some more of that. way to go, cory, keep it going.

I was always hard on Cory. Thought he would do more on the court. Its evident being younger than everyone in his class was a hindrance. He needed a redshirt year. Off the court despite all the team turmoil Cory was an exemplary Billiken.

I was always hard on Cory. Thought he would do more on the court. Its evident being younger than everyone in his class was a hindrance. He needed a redshirt year. Off the court despite all the team turmoil Cory was an exemplary Billiken.

I always found it odd that Evans and McCall were actually older than Cory

When Cory entered the game you never felt like we were going to suffer. Maybe not see much either, but he wasn't going to be a detriment on offense and definitely a help on D and the boards. Just what a 7 or 8 man should do. We could have used him last year, especially when we ran into teams that had athletic bigs like WSU and GM. He should have red shirted.

• 2 months later...

Rob Loe has signed a pro contract with KAO Dramas of the Greek Basketball league. The GBL is the highest pro league in Greece and regarded as one of the top 3 leagues in Europe and has 2 of the best franchises in Europe in Olympiakos and Panathaniakos. Former NBA players play in the league along with many rising Greek stars. Former A-10 players like Mardy Collins, Stephane Lasme and Pops Mensah Bonsu are top players in the league. Josh Fisher also played for Panelefsiankos last season. Loe will certainly grow as a player in this league and his signing there out of college really shows how highly regarded his skill set is internationally.

After the away LaSalle game during Cory's junior year, I had the opportunity to talk with Cory. The Gola Arena is so small and intimate, the players have to hang around the court to let the crowd leave before they can make it down the stairs to the team bus. I complimented Cory on a huge dunk he made. Cory responded with a nice smile, thanking me and asking did I enjoyed the game. It was very nice win so naturally said I did and telling him how I appreciated how hard the team was playing. Really nice guy, wish him well.

• 1 month later...

Seasons have started up again for some of the guys so here are some updates.

Lisch is playing in Spain in the top Spanish league for CAI Zaragoza. Coming off the bench so far, 6 points, 3 assists

Conklin and Ellis were touched on in other threads but I'll expand.

Conklin is leading the NBL in scoring and is 3rd in rebounding. He is turning the Townsville club into a playoff contender and at this point is the best player in the league.

Ellis is averaging 7 and 6 for an underachieving Kings team. He has started at the 5 and come off the bench for them.

Rob Loe has had a strong start in the greek league, averaging 10 points and 6 boards while shooting 57% from 3 for KAO Drama

Remekun is playing in the same league as Rob, he was just signed AENK. He is working his way into the rotation. He has Patrick Ewing Jr starting ahead of him.

Loe and Remekun will not face each other until April.

Kwamain Mitchell, now is dominating the Polish league. Leading the league in steals with 4 a game and points with 25, while also averaging nearly 5 assists. He's gone for over 30 twice in 4 games and is shooting 45% from 3 and 80% from 2. Here is video of his recent 38 point outburst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x10zD3K9RDw

Justin Jordan has somehow received a 5th year waiver and is playing at D-3 Anderson University this season. Definitely the last member of that class to still be playing college ball.

Kwamain Mitchell, now is dominating the Polish league. Leading the league in steals with 4 a game and points with 25, while also averaging nearly 5 assists. He's gone for over 30 twice in 4 games and is shooting 45% from 3 and 80% from 2. Here is video of his recent 38 point outburst.

that's pretty good.