Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

This is false.

I checked only the Div 1 games--they have not won a Division 1 game since he started playing and his good stats came in the non D1 game. Against UCF, a team Valpo beat by 15 before Carter was eligible to play, Carter shot 2-9, including 1-5 from 3 and they lost to the same team they beat by 15 --by 28 points. In his other D! game he had 5 poiints in 14 minutes with 4 fouls and three turnovers with no assists. I hope he does well but lets not annoint him as the second coming just yet.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Conklin and Cody's seasons in Australia are complete.

Conklin became one of the rising stars in the league averaging 16 points a game and 4.5 rebounds for the last place Townsville Crocodiles. He is now in New Zealand playing in their league for the Southland Sharks. He will be helping the Sharks defend their league championship. Conklin's resigning there was seen as the biggest move of the offseason in the league.

Ellis was a key reserve for the Sydney Kings in 16 games. The Kings finished 12-16 with Cody averaging 5 points, 3 rebounds & shooting 50% from the field and 28% from 3. Cody was signed by the Stirling Senators in the Australian State league. The State league is one of several Australian Minor leagues, similar to the one Luke Meyer played in. The Senators are owned by Ellis' family. He will start playing with them this week.

Kwamain Mitchell has 1 game remaining in the regular season for his Sluneta squad. They are 23-18 and in 5th place in the Mattoni NBL. Mitchell is leading the league in scoring, assists, and steals and has become a league phenomenon. He's scored over 30 points 7 times and had a 40 point game as well. His presence has driven attendance up at league games and has gotten one of his rivalry games televised, which apparently is pretty rare. Mitchell is pretty much a shoe in for league MVP.

Femi John finished his comeback season with UMSL. He averaged 13 points, 5 boards, 2.5 assists, a steal and shot .375 from 3.

Christian Salecich played in all 31 games for SIUE and started 11 of them. He averaged 7 points per game along with 2 rebounds and was 2nd on the team in assists.

Emmanuel Tsalentakis played in 26 games for NJIT, starting 5 and scored 2 points per contest.

Jon Smith started 33 games for the Ohio Bobcats scoring 7 points a game with 6 boards and nearly 2 blocks. Ohio was invited to play in the CIT but Smith mysteriously left the team and school right before the tournament started. OHio HC took the Boston College job today.

Cory Remuken's Rhoendorf Dragons bowed out in the first round of the German Pro B playoffs after going 12-10 in the regular season. Cory averaged 13 ppg, 8 rpg, and led the league in blocks. Cory shot 9 3s on the season.

Jeff Reid finished his Jr year at Washburn averaging 10 points, 6 boards, while shooting 40% from 3. Washburn went 17-12 on the season.

Willie Reed was recently signed by the Sacramento Kings after averaging 15 ppg & 10 rpg in the D-League.

Marque Perry is averaging 11 ppg, 4 boards & 4 assists for Istanbul in the Turkish B League.

There will be no more Justin Love highlights from Odessa BC. After averaging 14 points per game through 19 games he left the squad in early March. I have not seen him sign with any other club.

Kevin Lisch has played in 14 games with JSF Nanterre in the French Pro A league. He is still adjusting after coming off a major injury. He's averaging 7 points while coming off the bench.

Josh Fisher is playing for Panelefsiniakos in the Greek A1 league, averaging 5 points and 2 assists as a backup PG.

Ian Voyoukas is playing for UNICS Kazan in the top Russian league. He is averaging 11 points and 3 boards off the bench.
Both Lisch's and Ian's teams are leading their pools in Eurocup play. If they continue to advance they could play each other.

Chris Heinrich continues at 35 to be a backup center in the German ProA league, one notch above Remuken's league. Heinrich's season high in minutes is 14.

Last and very much least - Ruben Cotto averages 1 point a game for Mayguez in Puerto Rico & Brett Thompson averages 11 points a game for UBSC Graz in the Austrian Bundesliga A

Good stuff, any word on how kwam did in the all star game?

And 9 3's from cory!? Must be a different cory than the one I know.

Mitchell had 11 points in the All star game. His league's all star game is the best players from the Czech league, which is his, vs the best in the Polish league. It is hard to read the translation but in most of the news stories on the games Kwamain is likened to Allen Iverson, ie ball hog, but too good to complain about, by his teammates. Wouldn't expect him to shine in that type of setting. He is drastically better than most players in the league.

Cory attempted 9 3s, made two. From the videos I've seen he's picked up some bulk too,

Mitchell had 11 points in the All star game. His league's all star game is the best players from the Czech league, which is his, vs the best in the Polish league. It is hard to read the translation but in most of the news stories on the games Kwamain is likened to Allen Iverson, ie ball hog, but too good to complain about, by his teammates. Wouldn't expect him to shine in that type of setting. He is drastically better than most players in the league.

Cory attempted 9 3s, made two. From the videos I've seen he's picked up some bulk too,

Kwamain is about to make a lot of money in other European leagues

• 2 weeks later...

Man, how did we miss on the nickname, Kwamania! We had KM for 5 years and no one ever came up with it? Heck it only took his new team a year. Can't believe ESPN didn't get this clip. That's got to be one of the most unreal shots I've ever seen.

Brings up an interesting question....Looks like he may have actually left his feet from inside the 3pt line, so maybe only scored 2 on himself???

I'm pretty sure if you shoot a three into your own basket in only counts as 2.

I don't know any rules on that, but the official did indicate two points.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel confident that if he moves up to a higher level of competition in the future, he'll still be able to maintain that outstanding usefulness average. Great skorer, that Kwamain.

• 4 weeks later...