Anyone making the trip to Valpo?

b.hayes

Here are some directions I share with all visitors coming to Valpo games:

FYI, if you take I-80 across the south Chicago suburbs there is one toll booth near where I-294 and I-80 merge. It's $1.10 (unless you have an EZ Pass or I-Pass then 55 cents is deducted off your account). If you want to skip Chicago I suggest taking I-70 to Effingham and then I-57 north. Exit at Kankakee, exit 312, onto IL17 east. at Momence you'll see the Kankakee River on the left. At the stoplight turn right and follow IL114 east. When you cross the IL/IN line it becomes highway IN10. Follow that east to I-65 north and then follow the directions below.

Another alternate route is to take I-57 north to exit 340. Take US30 east through Matteson, Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, Lynwood, when you get to highway 83 at the stoplight T-intersection turn right to continue on US30, US30 will curve to the left, cross into Indiana, then through Dyer, Schererville, Merrillville and then cross I-65 and then 10 miles into Valparaiso. It's all traffic lights and it's all south Chicago suburbs but it is a direct route.

I-65 to US30, exit 253, go East on US30 through the Westtown Shopping/Southlake Mall area, then about 10 miles, with many stoplights, into Valparaiso. When you get to the Industrial Revolution Restaurant on the left, it's after two railroad overpasses, turn left on Linwood Ave, which is a 135 degree or so left turn. Take Linwood to the 5 way stop sign intersection at Union, Garfield & Linwood. Turn right on Union. You'll see the ARC on the left after the stop sign at University Park. If you want to see our magnificent chapel continue straight, pass the stop sign at McIntyre Court, till you see a parking lot on the left. Turn left into the parking lot and park. The Harre Union is the huge building straight east, the chapel, you can't miss, is directly south of the Harre Union and the Christopher Library is directly west of the chapel and attached to the Arts and Sciences building.