Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

3-star brings a lot to the table. I do think the amount of attention directed at Goodwin makes sense given his talent and the things he has said about SLU, and the atypical skill set he appears to possess. Definitely worth talking about. Hopefully things progress with Pickett in the same way, he just seems to be "blooming" a bit later. Can't fault the typical fan/MBM for not knowing much about him before these latest reports linking him with SLU came out.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Per twitter it sounds like SLU visited a bunch of players today, including:

Ryan Stipanovich (2017)

Carte'are Gordon (2018)

Torrence Watson (2018)

Wyatt Yess (2017)

Virginia also visited Gordon and Watson and Mizzou is visiting Yess tomorrow. I guess Virginia's interest in the area is because of Soderberg?

Ryan Stipanovich (2017)

Carte'are Gordon (2018)

Torrence Watson (2018)

Wyatt Yess (2017)

Virginia also visited Gordon and Watson and Mizzou is visiting Yess tomorrow. I guess Virginia's interest in the area is because of Soderberg?

-my first time seeing Stipanovich's name, sis is on the women's team, hopefully she is really liking her SLU experience as I would think that could only help with him

-I'll have to check out Desmet this season

-my first time seeing Stipanovich's name, sis is on the women's team, hopefully she is really liking her SLU experience as I would think that could only help with him

-I'll have to check out Desmet this season

Stipo's basically a stand still jump shooter at this point. He merits watching though, based on his size. Has grown 2 inches to 6'7 since the beginning of his sophomore year. Still has 2 years to expand his game.

Ryan Stipanovich (2017)

Carte'are Gordon (2018)

Torrence Watson (2018)

Wyatt Yess (2017)

Were also in to see Ramey on Wednesday.

Were also in to see Ramey on Wednesday.

The trio of Gordon, Ramey, and Watson will be interesting to watch over the next three seasons. The level of interest they have already is pretty impressive. Gordon is still at Vianney right?

For those who have seen Yess play (I have not), is he a high major type of talent? With his brother a student at SLU, he would seem like our best chance out of the local kids.

The trio of Gordon, Ramey, and Watson will be interesting to watch over the next three seasons. The level of interest they have already is pretty impressive. Gordon is still at Vianney right?

For those who have seen Yess play (I have not), is he a high major type of talent? With his brother a student at SLU, he would seem like our best chance out of the local kids.

Yess is a high major recruit assuming one considers an offer from Mizzou and significant interest from Creighton, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Indiana, etc. to be high-major. His recruitment was likely slowed down by him not playing the AAU circuit this summer (knee issues that just needed rest) so this high school season will be important for him to see if those other schools end up offering.

Yess is a high major recruit assuming one considers an offer from Mizzou and significant interest from Creighton, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Indiana, etc. to be high-major. His recruitment was likely slowed down by him not playing the AAU circuit this summer (knee issues that just needed rest) so this high school season will be important for him to see if those other schools end up offering.

My understanding is that his parents would really like him to stay home and go to SLU but that he would like to go away. Creighton has recruited him the longest and if there is a leader I would guess it is the Blue Jays.

Correct, he didn't want to sit out a year.

My understanding is that his parents would really like him to stay home and go to SLU but that he would like to go away. Creighton has recruited him the longest and if there is a leader I would guess it is the Blue Jays.

SLU has been recruiting him longer than Creighton.

Just to sum up the latest for 2017:

-SLU visited Yess as the period opened.

-Stipanovich also got a visit from SLU, along with Indiana State, SIUE, and UMKC. He has five offers so far: Vermont, Wyoming, IUPUI, Eastern Illinois, and SIUE.

-SLU, Butler, Michigan, and IUPUI were out to watch Zach Gunn this week. He visited Iowa last weekend.

-Pierre-Louis transferred from St. Benedict to Roselle Catholic. He has a lot of high-level offers.

-Ridder picked up a Stetson offer. He visited Mizzou and Creighton after SLU in August, but neither are reported to have offered.

-Tilmon was at Mizzou for football opening weekend with a few other Mizzou targets. He's visiting Kansas in October for Late Night at the Phog. He's #19 on the new Rivals 150.

-Crawford took an unofficial visit to Notre Dame - for football.

-Kpedi received a visit from Indiana State this week; he's visiting Iowa and Western Illinois this month.

-Indiana State also visited McKissic, as did UMKC.

-Neese was visited by Butler, Evansville, and Indiana State. He went out to see Evansville, Butler, Purdue, and Iowa last month.

-SLU went out to see Christian Negron this week. Notre Dame, Iowa, and DePaul also did. He's #116 on the new Rivals 150.

-UNI, Siena, Evansville, and Loyola-Chicago visited Nixon this week.

-O'Connell received an offer from UAB, his best yet. He recently visited Clemson, Auburn, and Georgia.

-PJ Pipes was visited by Santa Clara and UIC this week, and will visit NIU this weekend. He recently attended an elite camp at Stanford and visited Cal and Santa Clara while he was out there. All three are interested but Santa Clara seems to be prioritizing him.

-Clemson and Xavier were out to see David Sloan (Rivals #120) this week (although Xavier may have just been checking up on commitment Quentin Goodin).

-St. Pierre is said to have "a host of schools" visiting him this week, but I have yet to see a list.

-Stockard appears to officially have transferred to Vashon; he's playing football.

-Terryonte Thomas is off the board; he cut his list to 12 and SLU isn't on it (although SELU is).

-Verge is ranked #92 and Goodwin #94 in the latest Rivals 150.

Just to sum up the latest for 2017:

-SLU visited Yess as the period opened.

-Stipanovich also got a visit from SLU, along with Indiana State, SIUE, and UMKC. He has five offers so far: Vermont, Wyoming, IUPUI, Eastern Illinois, and SIUE.

-SLU, Butler, Michigan, and IUPUI were out to watch Zach Gunn this week. He visited Iowa last weekend.

-Pierre-Louis transferred from St. Benedict to Roselle Catholic. He has a lot of high-level offers.

-Ridder picked up a Stetson offer. He visited Mizzou and Creighton after SLU in August, but neither are reported to have offered.

-Tilmon was at Mizzou for football opening weekend with a few other Mizzou targets. He's visiting Kansas in October for Late Night at the Phog. He's #19 on the new Rivals 150.

-Crawford took an unofficial visit to Notre Dame - for football.

-Kpedi received a visit from Indiana State this week; he's visiting Iowa and Western Illinois this month.

-Indiana State also visited McKissic, as did UMKC.

-Neese was visited by Butler, Evansville, and Indiana State. He went out to see Evansville, Butler, Purdue, and Iowa last month.

-SLU went out to see Christian Negron this week. Notre Dame, Iowa, and DePaul also did. He's #116 on the new Rivals 150.

-UNI, Siena, Evansville, and Loyola-Chicago visited Nixon this week.

-O'Connell received an offer from UAB, his best yet. He recently visited Clemson, Auburn, and Georgia.

-PJ Pipes was visited by Santa Clara and UIC this week, and will visit NIU this weekend. He recently attended an elite camp at Stanford and visited Cal and Santa Clara while he was out there. All three are interested but Santa Clara seems to be prioritizing him.

-Clemson and Xavier were out to see David Sloan (Rivals #120) this week (although Xavier may have just been checking up on commitment Quentin Goodin).

-St. Pierre is said to have "a host of schools" visiting him this week, but I have yet to see a list.

-Stockard appears to officially have transferred to Vashon; he's playing football.

-Terryonte Thomas is off the board; he cut his list to 12 and SLU isn't on it (although SELU is).

-Verge is ranked #92 and Goodwin #94 in the latest Rivals 150.

These sound like quality players. But who are the one and two star players that we have a shot at??

These sound like quality players. But who are the one and two star players that we have a shot at??

I don't have a good read on this, but I would say Yess would be one we definitely have a shot at and then some of the more local kids without offers are guys if we offered I would hope we would have a good shot at. Anyone heard anything new from Goodwin? I would think he may be the top rated kid we have a chance of getting. I saw he caught a TD pass last night, not sure I would want to be a db tasked with bringing him down in the open field.