Top Posters In This Topic

2017 Roster

Sr: DR, MB, AG, AH*

Jr: JB, MN, Bess^, Henriquez^, Foreman^

So: JJ, EW, ZM

Fr: 2 spots

*Walk-on

^Redshirt transfers

I still feel as if 2017 is a critical class. Additional transfers from the program are certainly possible, but we currently have 2 schollies to give for that class.

I still feel as if 2017 is a critical class. Additional transfers from the program are certainly possible, but we currently have 2 schollies to give for that class.

I agree. I assume we will see additional transfers from the roster over the next 12 months as Ford continues to try to put his stamp on the roster and some of the hold overs might not be fits. I think in our current situation landing transfers and having guys transfer out was key in order to turnover the roster as quickly as possible and on paper Ford has landed some quality transfers. He has certainly done what we all hoped he would do in his first quarter on the job, well done Coach.

2017 Roster

*Walk-on

^Redshirt transfers

That Jr. class has the potential to be very strong. It could be a solid starting 5 right there. The key is MN. This is a big year for him. Will he be a player who can help in the future or one who is best served leaving following his sophomore season.

Ford is slowly rehabbing and cleaning up the ungodly mess that Crews left this program in, and he's also remodeling it in a very big way. The 2017 recruiting class could be "YUUGE" due to the fact that those recruits might certainly be more persuaded to play here with an entirely new core of players for the 2017-2018 season.

God I hope Ford can get the Fetz rocking with this new brand of basketball. We might see more dunks in one season then we have seen in the 8 years of Chaifetz Arena's entire existence.

and one of them is a beast....

Tatum back in play?!?!?!?!

The other player they're going after will play immediately.

Hmmmm grad transfer or 2016er. Would prefer a 2016er so they would be able to play with our recent transfers a year from now, but also we do have to field a team this year. Any decent grad transfers out there that we would have a shot at?

Hmmmm grad transfer or 2016er. Would prefer a 2016er so they would be able to play with our recent transfers a year from now, but also we do have to field a team this year. Any decent grad transfers out there that we would have a shot at?

JUCO

One of the Okie State transfers?

Very intriguing. With the Hines scholarship now presumably accounted for, wonder where the next one will come from?

One thing that I am not sure that has been mentioned about Ford and my UMass friend reminded me of this recently but Ford had a ton of people on the UMass roster (18 or so his second year). Not all of those people played and I do not know how that worked with scholarships but seems to like to practice with a lot of guys.

One thing that I am not sure that has been mentioned about Ford and my UMass friend reminded me of this recently but Ford had a ton of people on the UMass roster (18 or so his second year). Not all of those people played and I do not know how that worked with scholarships but seems to like to practice with a lot of guys.

You get a max of 13 scholarships every year no matter what (less if there are NCAA penalties), so he must like having a lot of walk-ons.

Ford is slowly rehabbing and cleaning up the ungodly mess that Crews left this program in, and he's also remodeling it in a very big way. The 2017 recruiting class could be "YUUGE" due to the fact that those recruits might certainly be more persuaded to play here with an entirely new core of players for the 2017-2018 season.

God I hope Ford can get the Fetz rocking with this new brand of basketball. We might see more dunks in one season then we have seen in the 8 years of Chaifetz Arena's entire existence.

I hope we see more wins than we have seen in the eight years of the Chaifetz Arena's existence.

You get a max of 13 scholarships every year no matter what (less if there are NCAA penalties), so he must like having a lot of walk-ons.

Right. But my point was somehow he was able to juggle who got scholarships and when to keep 18 people happy. I remember some those guys being grad transfers so they may have had grad jobs that already gave them a bit of cash and waived tuition. I am sure 2 or 3 were traditional walk-ons but a few were people expecting to play at some point.

2017 Roster

*Walk-on

^Redshirt transfers

Hoping for some improvement this year just due to a renewed spirit among the players, but with our 10 scjholarship players this year, only JB can play the point (I'm assuming AH is now off of scholarship). Since none of the three transfer additions next year are Point Guards, it seems imperative that Ford get a PG signed quickly.