Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Ford's strength supposedly is recruiting. Also, it was mentioned that Butch Pierre may come with him, and he's supposed to be a monster recruiter. This may be Ford's first test at SLU, ie land Goodwin. Crews and Platt couldn't reopen that door, but a new guy comes in w/o any baggage. Landing some good locals should be an objective for multiple reasons discussed on here many times before.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford's strength supposedly is recruiting. Also, it was mentioned that Butch Pierre may come with him, and he's supposed to be a monster recruiter. This may be Ford's first test at SLU, ie land Goodwin. Crews and Platt couldn't reopen that door, but a new guy comes in w/o any baggage. Landing some good locals should be an objective for multiple reasons discussed on here many times before.

Pierre just went to NC State

oh, now that it's been mentioned...

IS PLATT FIRED YET???

get that dude down to florida and parked in front of a 19" CRT showing matlock fuoking ASAP.

-reopen? did they ever knock?

Where is everyone getting this news that Pierre is off to nc state?. All I've seen is a report that he is a candidate for a position over there. And that report was from before Travis ford was announced as our hc

Pierre just went to NC State

Where is everyone getting this news that Pierre is off to nc state?. All I've seen is a report that he is a candidate for a position over there. And that report was from before Travis ford was announced as our hc

Hearing there’s a good chance that N.C. State’s Mark Gottfried will hire former Oklahoma State assistant Butch Pierre.

Nothing official but it seems likely

Is this Pierre a great recruiter? Because if he was Ford's X's and O's guy, shouldn't we be looking elsewhere considering that's Ford's biggest knock?

Ya I thought we should lock up an X and O guy before we worry about other coaches

oh, now that it's been mentioned...

IS PLATT FIRED YET???

get that dude down to florida and parked in front of a 19" CRT showing matlock fuoking ASAP.

I would be shocked if any of the assistants have not already been fired when Crews left. They may have kept one around for a short time to just hold down the ship so to speak. I am going to the press conference today so it will be interesting to see if any of the assistants are there.

I would be shocked if any of the assistants have not already been fired when Crews left. They may have kept one around for a short time to just hold down the ship so to speak. I am going to the press conference today so it will be interesting to see if any of the assistants are there.

-all the names except Nashida were off the website last week when i looked

-all the names except Nashida were off the website last week when i looked

Durando's story when Crews was fired said, "as is usually the case in such situations, the entire staff was let go." I take that to mean that Platt, Cheaney, Bronson, and Danny Brown were all out, as of then, and if any of them (like maybe Cheaney and probably Brown) were to be interested in continuing with SLU, they'd have to go through the new head coach.

Not sure if this was posted but this was interesting.

From the post:

Other Cowboys could follow.

Oklahoma State guard Forte, who averaged 15 points when healthy in 2014-15, and forward Leyton Hammonds are each scheduled to graduate in May. They could potentially attempt to join Ford at SLU as graduate transfers with immediate eligibility.

"I'll defend Coach Ford any day of the week," Forte told the Oklahoman this month. "He's been kinda like a father figure to me. He's been here for so many things other than just basketball., on and off the court. So obviously, I stick up for him and want him to be our coach next year."

Of course, those players could decide to buy in under new Oklahoma State coach Brad Underwood, or join a program better poised for an NCAA tournament run. But it's something worth tracking.

Not sure if this was posted but this was interesting.

From the post:

Other Cowboys could follow.

Oklahoma State guard Forte, who averaged 15 points when healthy in 2014-15, and forward Leyton Hammonds are each scheduled to graduate in May. They could potentially attempt to join Ford at SLU as graduate transfers with immediate eligibility.

"I'll defend Coach Ford any day of the week," Forte told the Oklahoman this month. "He's been kinda like a father figure to me. He's been here for so many things other than just basketball., on and off the court. So obviously, I stick up for him and want him to be our coach next year."

Of course, those players could decide to buy in under new Oklahoma State coach Brad Underwood, or join a program better poised for an NCAA tournament run. But it's something worth tracking.

Forte is sticking in Oklahoma

Forte is sticking in Oklahoma

Yeah, it certainly looks that way. He said a week ago he was staying there. While that was before Ford landed a new job, can't see him reneging on his promise to return.

However, Hammonds may come this way. Haven't seen anything from him publicly saying he'll return. Comments he made at the end of the season shows he has a lot of love for Ford, saying he developed him into a legit Big 12 player.

He's a 6'7" swingman who averaged 11 points and 5 boards a game while shooting 34% from three. Would definitely be nice to get him for one season.

If Tillmon goes to Illinois Goodwin will likely follow. Especially if the rumors tillmon coming back to the area to play with Goodwin this summer with the eagles and next fall with althoff.

BTW rumors also ej liddell will transfer to althoff as well. Not easy to do without sitting out next year but can be done if he moves out of the belleville school district.

Adding Marvin Bateman can you imagine that high school lineup next year? I.e

Ford should live in the althoff gym tI'll November. Give coach lieb an assistant coach job.

Do Goodwin or Tillmon even have offers from SLU? Jesus. I guess they weren't "tall enough" for Platt....

I bet the calls Ford made to recruits the other day were probably to these guys...

Abysmal.

If Tilmon is on track now academically, good for him and his family sending him to La Lumiere. I was expecting him to be another East St. Louis star athlete who couldn't qualify academically to play at the next level. I saw him last winter and was blown away by his fluidity for his size, he is a stud.

I think you are right that if Tilmon commits to Illinois that Goodwin is probably a lock as well. That would give Illinois a 4 man class for 2017 of in state studs. The only question is whether Groce is still there 12 months from now.

An Althoff team with Tilmon and Liddell would be scary good. I would love to see that matchup against this year's Chaminade team.

I saw that MoKan is building a roster for this AAU season (Michael Porter, Trae Young, Jared Ridder, Carte'Are Gordon, and Jontay Porter), look out for them.