Indiana State leading ND at half

RUBillsFan

I'm glad Indiana St won for 2 reasons:

1. Obviously good for our SOS

2. Not that we would before, but this makes it so that theres absolutely no way we can overlook them now. That game is over Christmas break and is dangerously thrown in around the "cupcakes" on our schedule. We have to be focused, and hopefully this reinforces that.

I'm glad Indiana St won for 2 reasons:

1. Obviously good for our SOS

2. Not that we would before, but this makes it so that theres absolutely no way we can overlook them now. That game is over Christmas break and is dangerously thrown in around the "cupcakes" on our schedule. We have to be focused, and hopefully this reinforces that.

I watched this game and Indiana State looked very impressive. They are very quick and they have no hesitation in gunning it up from everywhere--with great results today on the road against a ranked opponent. they will give us all we can handle. ND looks plodding and slow to the ball--in the ACC they will struggle in my opinion if thay do not play much better.

UNC - Belmont game was crazy. JJ Mann. Wow. Rick Byrd may be a coach to keep an eye on. Wouldn't surprise me if he moves up the ladder soon.

Byrd has been the head coach at Belmont for 27 years. He took the team over when they were a NAIA program. He is now 60. I don't think he is going anywhere.

He is a hell of a basketball coach.

UNC - Belmont game was crazy. JJ Mann. Wow. Rick Byrd may be a coach to keep an eye on. Wouldn't surprise me if he moves up the ladder soon.

UNC 22-48 from the foul line. Wow, is that bad. Props to Belmont.

I watched ISU too. A whole bunch of 6'3" to 6'8" guys that can shoot. I have never been impressed with ND and today was no exception. Odum distributes very well and just about everyone was knocking down a three here and there. Their intensity was quite high --- in-state rival, for them, possibly?

Byrd has been the head coach at Belmont for 27 years. He took the team over when they were a NAIA program. He is now 60. I don't think he is going anywhere.

He is a hell of a basketball coach.

Probably should have looked up info on Byrd. I had no idea he had been there that long. Also I had no idea Belmont was an NAIA team until 1996. Kudos to Belmont for sticking with Byrd after a rough few years after moving up to Div I. Hell of a coach indeed.

That being said, never underestimate the power of money. If a big school comes calling with a boatload of cash, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Byrd left. Jim Larranaga had been at George Mason for 14 years and was 60 when he left for Miami.

Indiana State was impressive and will be a tough challenge, but we still should win at our place. We are better than Notre Dame... they are typically overrated. The only reason they are ranked and we are not is because of their name. I can't believe Biedschied couldn't help that team this year. He had sort of that disinterested Keith Carter look on his face while sitting on the bench.