KSDK call to action for fans at early games

pooch1918

I say 6, maybe 7K tops tonight. While the "MO" in SEMO suggests at least a state-wide hook, the roster includes no one on a "homecoming" trip or others with local ties to pump up the volume. Of course, didn't we open last year with about 5K?

Here is the seat map showing seats still available for tonight's game.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/saint-louis-billikens-mens-basketball-v-st-louis-missouri-11-08-2013/event/06004B4994556435?artistid=1269917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=artist_msg-0_06004B4994556435

Of course, this is totally different than answering how many people will actually show up.

I say 6, maybe 7K tops tonight. While the "MO" in SEMO suggests at least a state-wide hook, the roster includes no one on a "homecoming" trip or others with local ties to pump up the volume. Of course, didn't we open last year with about 5K?

Season opener last year drew 6,958 officially.

Here is the seat map showing seats still available for tonight's game.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/saint-louis-billikens-mens-basketball-v-st-louis-missouri-11-08-2013/event/06004B4994556435?artistid=1269917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=artist_msg-0_06004B4994556435

Of course, this is totally different than answering how many people will actually show up.

I count 1,074 available seats on the website (746 upper level, 328 lower level). Of course they don't put some tickets on the website, so you can glean much from this.

Taj, I think 7k is the minimum not the maximum. As b.hayes said last season we drew just under 7k against USC Upstate. We have a lot more going for us this year - SEMO being somewhat local is probably slightly bigger draw, we are now coming off of 2 NCAA appearances, and we do not have the uncertainty of being without our head coach. Last year's opener was also a Friday night, so that shouldn't be a factor.