Pizzotti to Memphis?

volfan wrote:

>Rumors circulating around the campus at Arizona State say

>Pizzotti has been selected to lead the Tigers in '04-'05.

>Obviously just rumors; what's anyone else heard?

Lobo wrote:

>I haven't heard anything, but I speculated that once Woolard

>got settled at USF he would make her an offer.

What do Doug Woolard and USF have to do with Memphis? I also wonder how the rumor got to Arizona St.

Lobo, are you well-versed on what's going on with the USF women's program? Is there some reason Woolard would want Pizzotti to coach the women's team at USF? It's not very common that AD's would try to get coaches from various sports at a former school to follow him or her until there is a natural termination, is it? It's not the same as a head coach taking assistants to a new location.

WHat does ASU have to do with Pizzotti? If Pizzotti did leave who would be the Head Coach? Would Tony Francis or Ty Evans be the canidates? They are both good coaches from what the players told me. By the way this is off the subject but what ever happend to the young man that was the Senior Manager last year. He was a very nice person when I had questions and my daughter seemed to like him very much because he seemed to help her out at camp last year when she lost her lunch? Just wondering?? WHy didn't Pizzotti keep him on her staff??

I heard the Arizona State Campus is a-buzz with this rumor about Jill Pizzotti. In fact they even have a drink named after her at the local bars it is kind of like a Vodka Gimlet but with some triplesec. I heard Pizzotti is wanting to be closer to Woolard so that when the baby is born he can visit his child easier.

Come on you, Volfan, just lost all credibility. ASU campus rumors? Only if that means Afton State University. I am not a Pizzotti fan but I am willing to give her a chance in the new arena before we show her the door.

Wondering,after the shakeup,will C-USA or the A-10 be consider better for women`s basketball?Going to follow the rumor,reports,etc. about the women`s team,hoping that someday my daughter will be recruited by whoever will be coaching the Lady Bills then.

That would be great to get rid of Pizzotti. I tried talking to her once. I was at OB clarks and just wanted to congratulate her on a great season, when they went to the WNIT. She acted like she could care less about what I said. She was eating with Kim Tucci.

I just congratulated her and said my daughter had fun at her basketball camp. All Pizzotti did was nod her head and kept talking to Tucci. If she is going to treat people that way, I hope she does leave slu for memphis and hope slu kicks there a-- every time they play them.

jill might not even know she has a camp. my daughter attended it last year (actually overall i thought the camp was great) and i never saw pizzotti there the entire week. i saw brad watching his daughhter there though every day.

B-Roy,

You might be right. My daughter really had a lot of Fun at the camp, but I did not see Jill there. I did see Brad watching his daughter. I wonder if Jill does know she has a camp?? The only coaches I saw and talked to were Coach Evans(the black coach)?, Coach Tony Francis(i thnk that is his name, and the young man working the camp store outside.( I don't know his name, but he gave me a great deal on the t-shirts he was selling). They were all really nice guys but I never saw Jill once there and my daughter was looking forward to meet her and get her picture taken with her.

I think a head coach should be there to promoter her program, and maybe if one of those girls turn out to be D-1 material then she might have an edge. I am sending my daughter to Jill's camp this year but she also wants to go to the Illinois camp. She wanted Mizzou but I can't stand Mizzou so I suggested Illinois.

my daughter is going back to jill's camp again near the end of this month. she is really looking forward to it and has recruited a few other girls to attend as well. while it would be nice if jill was there more, if she is out recruiting, i dont mind that. now if she is sunning in florida, i got a problem with that.

Pizzotti is a strange one from what I know of her. From what I've heard she doesn't like for her players to wear make up. That may seem rediculous to us but to 18 year old girls it means more. At least that is what I heard second hand about the team pictures and stuff like that. I say we give Mandy Leuking a few years on the bench as a coach and then make her the HC. She is very personable and was a great guard for SLU almost made the WNBA. As an aside I met Sherri Coale the OU women's coach and she is actually hot in person. The guy that introduced her told a story about her in the Big 12 Women's Tourny and in the Championship game she wore pants. A reporter asked her what is with the pants tonight as she normally wears short skirts and heels. She responded, "Well I'm going to be cutting down the nets later and didn't want to climb that ladder in a skirt." 8 years ago she was a women's high school basketball coach and now has taken OU to the final four. We need some help too.

Well Mandy Leuking quit. I did not think she was that personable, when I talked to her. That is weird Pizzotti would not let her players wear make up! Why not, maybe Pizzotti should wear some make up, anybody ever look at her face, she needs to look at herself and do somethng about it.

I always thought Sheri Coale seemed hot also. She has done wonders with the OU program. Dionnah Jackson who is probably the team leader is from Parkway West I believe. Her sister bought financed a car through me and I gave her and her mom all my Sooner Illustrated mags with articles on her. Nice people.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Cole is hot!!! I hope all these rumors are true about Pizzotti. I would love for her to leave. I know a couple of players who were on the team a couple of years ago and they could not stand her. Pizzotti is just a loser who knows how to lose alot year after year.

You do bring up a good point. What was the administration looking at with th ewome's basketball program? Did they even care about if she produced win or losses? If you at other schools, like Eastern Illinois, their HC of WBB was only ther e 5 years and they fired her.

I know it is not easy being a college coach, but you have to have some consistency in wins and making the program respectable. We can't even get the talent we have in St.Louis to come to SLU. Dierdorf didn't even consider us. Jackson from Oklahoma didn't either.

Saint Louis has one of the Top player in the Nation in Rachel Pierson from Incarnate Word. I hope Pizzotti offered her a full ride because I have heard other schools have. If I was a head coach, I would have offered Rachel a full ride right after her Freshman year. Who knows we probobly will not get her since the program is going down hill.