Intriguing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid has a very important decision to make... does he want to be a stud or a tool?

That's not for him to decide. Mbm's will.

I--the royal we, you know, the editorial--I dropped off the money, exactly as per--Look, man I've got certain information alright? Certain things have come to light, and uh, ya know, has it ever occurred to you, that uh, instead of uh, you know running around, uh uh, blaming me, given the nature of all this new ######, you know it, it it, this could be a uh, a lot more uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean it's not just, it might not be, just such a simple, uh--you know?

++

Flawless.

Not sure why you say that. Yes, he should have transferred over the summer but if he does decide to transfer now he can go to his next school and be eligible to play once the first semester ends next season (mid December) as a sophomore eligibility wise. He'll have lost around 10 games of a 30+ game season.

If he ends up at SLU I'd say this ends quite nicely for him...and for us!

OK so by not leaving this summer he now has to sit 3 semesters before he can play rather than only 2 plus he will only play 3.5 years - how is that not ending more badly for him? He could have done what you are saying and be on the court sooner.

OK so by not leaving this summer he now has to sit 3 semesters before he can play rather than only 2 plus he will only play 3.5 years - how is that not ending more badly for him? He could have done what you are saying and be on the court sooner.

You see the word you added there? There is a difference between something being "not as good" and something being bad.

I agree that he should have transferred during the summer. But maybe he wasn't sure and wanted to see how this fall went with the coaches, new kids on the team etc. He kept his options open that maybe things would get better. They haven't, and the end result of him transferring now will be that he misses the first 10 or so games of his sophomore year at the new school. That is not "ending badly" in my opinion.

I said this last night to RiseAndGrind offline and I'll say it again here: Any high profile recruit player that we can get to come here is a positive going forward regardless of fit, need, scholarships available ect. What we need here is chips on the table that convince Taytum this is the place to be for a year and win a National Championship.

I said this last night to RiseAndGrind offline and I'll say it again here: Any high profile recruit player that we can get to come here is a positive going forward regardless of fit, need, scholarships available ect. What we need here is chips on the table that convince Taytum this is the place to be for a year and win a National Championship.

Win a National Championship?

I guess you missed what happened to Kentucky last year? That team had more talent than we will ever have (even with Tatum) and they lost in the first round of the NIT. Fit, need and other things do matter.

I guess you missed what happened to Kentucky last year? That team had more talent than we will ever have (even with Tatum) and they lost in the first round of the NIT. Fit, need and other things do matter.

Of course Kentucky has one of the worst x and o guys as head coach in college basketball

Of course Kentucky has one of the worst x and o guys as head coach in college basketball

This is true but it hasn't stopped him from making the final four multiple times and winning a title. My point is just that there's more to assembling a winning team than throwing together a bunch of talented dudes regardless of how they fit together.