Intriguing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see the word you added there? There is a difference between something being "not as good" and something being bad.

I agree that he should have transferred during the summer. But maybe he wasn't sure and wanted to see how this fall went with the coaches, new kids on the team etc. He kept his options open that maybe things would get better. They haven't, and the end result of him transferring now will be that he misses the first 10 or so games of his sophomore year at the new school. That is not "ending badly" in my opinion.

Sorry, I see ending badly and ending not as good as it could have been as basically the same.

@larry72 --- Beidscheid was a top level, 4-star recruit out of St. Louis Cardinal Ritter Prep. Some had him listed as a top ten player in the nation as a senior. A transfer, especially a transfer "home," would mean St. Louis, which has one Division I-playing school in it. Us. I think CRP is on North Spring behind the Fox Theater if I recall correctly.

Why us? I got nothing over and above wishful thinking and optimistic speculation.

@larry72 --- Beidscheid was a top level, 4-star recruit out of St. Louis Cardinal Ritter Prep. Some had him listed as a top ten player in the nation as a senior. A transfer, especially a transfer "home," would mean St. Louis, which has one Division I-playing school in it. Us. I think CRP is on North Spring behind the Fox Theater if I recall correctly.

Why us? I got nothing over and above wishful thinking and optimistic speculation.

Taj Mahal 79, kind of like me w/ the Beast. I'd love to have him here, just wondering why some are so sure he 'd end up here. If he wants to be closer to home, we're one option but so are two nearby BCS'ers, ie Mizzery and the Illini.

@larry72 --- true, but that ain't home .... that's at least 120 miles west and maybe another 180 or so northeast. As opposed to "home" right around a couple fo corners.

I am afraid the answer to Beidscheid will be much quicker forthcoming than your BE wishes.

Redshirting or playing in the first semester would have zero impact on when he would become eligible if he transfers at the semester.

It won't affect when he is eligible but it will affect how long he is eligible for. If he plays one minute this semester and then transfers he would be a junior eligibility wise when he plays second semester next season. If he redshirts and then transfers he'll only be a sophomore.

While this redshirt news is not what we had hoped for (I was hoping for a transfer announcement) I don't get the sense that this is over. He has until mid January to transfer and it would be the same as if he transferred right now. It would have been over (at least for a year) if we had heard that he was planning to play this year.

If you choose to redshirt and after one semester you say I want to transfer when does the year sit out start - once you transfer or do you have to wait the full year of redshirt before the transfer sit starts?

Once you transfer.