Intriguing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No inside info but as it stands Biedschied is being pushed out of the rotation.

Sure he is talented but the coaching staff feels they have better options on the roster.

Of course he knew this coming into the season and still chose to go back to Notre Dame. Doesn't make much sense and this story is turning into a Brey vs Biedscheid thing and Biedschied is going to start looking like the primadonna (which he might be).

Any transfer talk is premature at this point. So far I have to say there are better ways to handle the situtation by Biedscheid. I wonder how long this gets dragged out.

If any coach knows how to screw up recruiting at ND and messing with great talent. Its Brey. He puts the football coaches to shame, gets into the tourney with a 20 win record and finishing .500 in the old BE.

If people payed half as much attention to Irish basketball as football he would have been fired years ago.

Of course the kid looks like a primadona but unlike so other cases he doesn't want to be the victim. His biggest mistake is that he didn't transfer this summer.

If any coach knows how to screw up recruiting at ND and messing with great talent. Its Brey. He puts the football coaches to shame, gets into the tourney with a 20 win record and finishing .500 in the old BE.

If people payed half as much attention to Irish basketball as football he would have been fired years ago.

Of course the kid looks like a primadona but unlike so other cases he doesn't want to be the victim. His biggest mistake is that he didn't transfer this summer.

He makes Digger Phelps look like Bob Knight.

I agree - he should have transferred this summer - this can only end badly for him - shades of Dustin Maguire red shirting his sophomore year..

I agree - he should have transferred this summer - this can only end badly for him - shades of Dustin Maguire red shirting his sophomore year..

Not sure why you say that. Yes, he should have transferred over the summer but if he does decide to transfer now he can go to his next school and be eligible to play once the first semester ends next season (mid December) as a sophomore eligibility wise. He'll have lost around 10 games of a 30+ game season.

If he ends up at SLU I'd say this ends quite nicely for him...and for us!

Not sure why you say that. Yes, he should have transferred over the summer but if he does decide to transfer now he can go to his next school and be eligible to play once the first semester ends next season (mid December) as a sophomore eligibility wise. He'll have lost around 10 games of a 30+ game season.

If he ends up at SLU I'd say this ends quite nicely for him...and for us!

Yeah. Pretty sure I would be very ok with that situation.

Mcbroom /Reynolds/ bartley

Ash/ Roby

BIEDSCHEID / Crawford

Glaze/ Agbeko/ Lancona

Manning/ Jolly/ Gillmann

Are we reading between the lines here, or did I miss something in this brief article? What I took from it was he, his parents, and Brey may decide a red shirt year is the best play for him going forward. It didn't even hint slightly at him transferring.

Are we reading between the lines here, or did I miss something in this brief article? What I took from it was he, his parents, and Brey may decide a red shirt year is the best play for him going forward. It didn't even hint slightly at him transferring.

Rumors have been swirling for a while that he was thinking about transferring

Maybe, but how often does a player redshirt after his freshman year like that?

He would seem to be a perfect fit and fills our void at the 3. He would allow us to have a fairly experienced starting lineup : McBroom, Ash, CB, GG and JM... It will allow our five frosh to ease into the lineup, unless one of them is ready to make an immediate impact, which of course would be a bonus.

If plays out as we are all hoping, it is a shame he didn't come to the conclusion prior to school starting and transfer then to avoid missing fall semester 2014:games. But it sure would be a great get and make a lot of things make sense. It's a great time to "be a billiken".

I--the royal we, you know, the editorial--I dropped off the money, exactly as per--Look, man I've got certain information alright? Certain things have come to light, and uh, ya know, has it ever occurred to you, that uh, instead of uh, you know running around, uh uh, blaming me, given the nature of all this new , you know it, it it, this could be a uh, a lot more uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean it's not just, it might not be, just such a simple, uh--you know?

-are there better options? not dissing on the kid, just wondering if we have can get a better player

Biedscheid was a 4-star out of high school who had a very good freshman year for a Big East team.

I wouldn't count on finding a better player. In fact, Biedscheid may be one of the best players on our team the day he enters campus.

Biedscheid was a 4-star out of high school who had a very good freshman year for a Big East team.

I wouldn't count on finding a better player. In fact, Biedscheid may be one of the best players on our team the day he enters campus.

+1. He's a stud.