Basketball Game at Savvis (not for all you NBA haters)

I know that many of you dislike the NBA, but this one could be interesting.

NBA Rookie of the Year LeBron James will lead the Cleveland

Cavaliers in an exhibition game against the Chicago Bulls on Oct. 16

at Savvis Center.

Tickets for the game go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday.

This info is from an article at stltoday.com

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...vvis+exhibition

I will never ever spend one dime of my money to watch an exhibition NBA game.I can't believe anyone on this board who has been to one of those games felt he got his money's worth or even remotely felt it wasn't a waste of time. Each year the attendance for this game drops because they have run out of suckers.

i went the year that hughes was on the sixers. i was extremely disappointed. for the money i paid it wasnt much of a show. the only way i would consider going is if they lowered the price of the ticket to under $10 a person for courtside seats. i might pay that.

one observation i had at the sixer game i attended a few years ago. it was definitely a different crowd than what attends the billiken games. it shows you who watches the nba vs not.

my hope would be i could get james' autograph in the front row. that would look nice framed on my sportsbar wall in my basement. i.e. i would be going to see james only.

oh i know my $10 price is unrealistic. i am just saying that is the most i would pay to watch an nba game and even then it would have to be a courtside seat with an ulterior motive (a james autograph).

Your not going to find any courtside tickets for $80. I know this is NY, but I bought a trip to NY and tickets to a Kicks game at the billiken golf tournament in Larry's rookie year. The club tickets which came with the package had a face of $150. I thought I was getting 2 tickets but ended up with 4 and got to see Larry play against the Knicks. Probably the best bargain anyone ever got at the Billiken Tornament. Airfare,Basketball tickets,Hotel Room,and a great dinner hosted by a SLU restraunt owner,and the priveledge of being one of the few people in America to see the play the Civil War for $1200. It pays to be a Billiken fan.

that you think the EXHIBITION games are bad but I'd be willing to bet that if St. Louis had an NBA team you'd go to about 15 a year. As much NBA as you watch there's no way you wouldn't fork over the bucks for your own team.

I enjoy the NBA but except for Larry's teams I have nobody to call for. If St. Louis had a team the NBA could become my second favorite sport behind college basketball.

this is willey not sshoe. I like the NBA just not an exibition game. If the NBA came to St. Louis I would buy season tickets with a very large group of people. I prefer the college game but a good pro game is very entertaining.. Watching Duncan playing against the Lakers is hard to beat. I have not been to the Skyhawks but want to go. People who say that they don't play defense in the NBA are crazy. The current problem with the NBA is the defense is too good and the offenses haven't kept place. But no exibition games. The only good exibition games are ones the Billikens are playing in.

I would agree 100% on the JV side of the ledger aka the Eastern Conference; however, the Western conference playoffs have had some good games. I give the Pistons (owner also owns Tampa Bay Lightning) two chances against the Lakers...little and none. At least the Glove will finally get his ring even though I believe it will be his one and only ring with the Lakers...he's looked like he is close to the end of the line in the playoffs.