Recruiting 2015

Transferred this from the other thread. I peacefully took my lumps for starting a second thread. No protests are planned.

I had trouble finding any individual stats for Matt Neufeld or Elliott Welmer. Sunrise Christian Academy (Neufeld) is currently 9-4 while Bridgton Academy (Welmer) is 5-8. I did see a pre-tourney listing of Welmer being the 'Player to Watch' for Bridgton. Welmer lead the team with 18 points in a first game tourney loss in Springfield MA.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunrise's twitter feed can be confusing. Sunrise has three teams, Select, Elite and Prep and they use the same twitter account to report on all three. Neufeld is on the Prep team.

I can see where that would be tough to follow. That said, hoping for the best with our two soon-to-be Billikens.

Transferred this from the other thread. I peacefully took my lumps for starting a second thread. No protests are planned.

I had trouble finding any individual stats for Matt Neufeld or Elliott Welmer. Sunrise Christian Academy (Neufeld) is currently 9-4 while Bridgton Academy (Welmer) is 5-8. I did see a pre-tourney listing of Welmer being the 'Player to Watch' for Bridgton. Welmer lead the team with 18 points in a first game tourney loss in Springfield MA.

In my opinion — which doesn't really amount to much — you were fine in having started the separate thread on the 2015 signees. I think the rebuke of starting a separate topic was tongue-in-cheek. This thread is about recruiting for the class of 2015, but Neufeld and Welmer are signed and not really being recruited, anymore. Haven't we always allowed for recruits to have their own thread when committing?

as starter of 2015 recruit thread I wish all happy everything to all mbm s.

I favor a new thread as 2015 recruiting is over and we now have the thrill of tracking our recruits during this season. seems separate to the recruiting thread which imo should be locked as we aren't recruiting anymore.

as starter of 2015 recruit thread I wish all happy everything to all mbm s.

I favor a new thread as 2015 recruiting is over and we now have the thrill of tracking our recruits during this season. seems separate to the recruiting thread which imo should be locked as we aren't recruiting anymore.

+1

Woah woah woah. Just found out about this 2nd 2015 recruiting thread. Got here as soon as I could.

Steve, we gotta lock down and delete this thread ASAP. And hand out some bans to those who tried to post "constructively" in it. A 2nd 2015 recruiting thread is NO PLACE for 2015 recruiting info. Gotta keep that in the 1st 2015 recruiting thread.

There's just no reason to have two 2015 recruiting threads. At this rate we should just have three different boards. One for home GDTs, one for away GDTs and one for cheerleader photos and cheerleader fiction.

As another great Steve (Atwater) once said...

LOCKITUPLOCKITUPLOCKITUPLOCKITUP

wow I've never read a forum where people are such little shits about the pettiest things. A second thread was made. get over it, its fixed and not a big deal.

Mods please assess this poster 10 warning points. He didn't capitalize Wow and Get. Plus, it's needs an apostrophe.

Last year we had the main "Recruiting - 2014" thread and another one specifically for updates about the guys who had committed to SLU. It was a way to track their progress throughout their senior HS seasons, and any other relevant developments. Makes perfect sense to have such a discussion here, whether in the otherwise dormant Recruiting 2015 thread or a new thread dedicated to the two-man class.

OP probably could've avoided any controversy (joking or otherwise) with a clearer thread title. Just saying.

Has anyone heard if we are staying in contact with any 2015 recruits? I'll take for this, but it seems likely that a freshmen and/or sophomore would transfer out seeking more playing time. I mean it just makes sense that it would happen based on having 9 underclassmen. I know we have the potential of Glaze next year, but that doesn't do anything to excite me about the future of the program and what happens if multiple people left? I don't want to be scrambling to fill a spot with a guy that we haven't given full attention to in scouting this season and have him just be a scholarship filler rather than a capable player.

Has anyone heard if we are staying in contact with any 2015 recruits? I'll take ###### for this, but it seems likely that a freshmen and/or sophomore would transfer out seeking more playing time. I mean it just makes sense that it would happen based on having 9 underclassmen. I know we have the potential of Glaze next year, but that doesn't do anything to excite me about the future of the program and what happens if multiple people left? I don't want to be scrambling to fill a spot with a guy that we haven't given full attention to in scouting this season and have him just be a scholarship filler rather than a capable player.

With 400 transfers a year, I would hope that the coaching staff doesn't think their job is done for 2015.

The numbers don't work very well for next year at the power positons. I'm not advocating anyone leave, but look at what we will have at the 4 and 5 slot.

Manning leaves, assume Glaze returns and we add Neufold and Elliott. That leaves Gillmann, Jolly, Agbeko, Glaze, Neufold, Elliott, and to an extent Lancona and Yarbrough to play the 4 and 5. That's 8 guys for 2 slots. The math doesn't work very well for those wanting to play 20+ minutes. If you book Gillmann and Yarbrough for heavy minutes, there's not much left over. Just sayin.......

The numbers don't work very well for next year at the power positons. I'm not advocating anyone leave, but look at what we will have at the 4 and 5 slot.

Manning leaves, assume Glaze returns and we add Neufold and Elliott. That leaves Gillmann, Jolly, Agbeko, Glaze, Neufold, Elliott, and to an extent Lancona and Yarbrough to play the 4 and 5. That's 8 guys for 2 slots. The math doesn't work very well for those wanting to play 20+ minutes. If you book Gillmann and Yarbrough for heavy minutes, there's not much left over. Just sayin.......

The only way Glaze plays next year is if someone leaves.