Recruiting 2015

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barnes out at UT. Don't know anything about anyone transferring

They will have at least 1 player leave for the league. The new coach can still bring in a player without pushing someone out the door. I doubt if Barnes was a big reason why any kid goes to Texas.

They will have at least 1 player leave for the league. The new coach can still bring in a player without pushing someone out the door. I doubt if Barnes was a big reason why any kid goes to Texas.[/quoteI I think the head coach is the biggest reason anyone goes anywhere.

Clock, if grandy was 100% not coming back coach would just say so. There is no privacy rule that he has to be concerned about when talking about that.

People seem to be forgetting that the grandy decision is not about whether he makes us a much better team. It's whether he's better than having an unused scholarship or a different 5th year senior transfer. Given the premium that teams put on getting average at best 5th year seniors we need to realize the chances of us getting a good one are pretty limited. As for the potential of re-injury that is basically the equivalent of having an unused scholarship.

A 5th year Senior/transfer sounds more like the signing a free agent by a professional team set to win now. We are not set to win now -- we are in a total rebuild mode. Filling our roster with a 5th year Senior - unless some great guy really wants to come here - just doesn't make sense.

And privacy rules do apply regarding student conduct. I have no inside information -- just heard the same rumors as others. If Grandy had drug issues, alcohol issues, grade problems, etc, then Crews would not be able to comment. If Glaze was a problem in the locker room, then this would be another reason not to bring him back. If so, how does Crews explain these problems to us/the media?

They will have at least 1 player leave for the league. The new coach can still bring in a player without pushing someone out the door. I doubt if Barnes was a big reason why any kid goes to Texas.[/quoteI I think the head coach is the biggest reason anyone goes anywhere.

Barnes had one foot out the door for several seasons. Kids are aware of this.

A 5th year Senior/transfer sounds more like the signing a free agent by a professional team set to win now. We are not set to win now -- we are in a total rebuild mode. Filling our roster with a 5th year Senior - unless some great guy really wants to come here - just doesn't make sense.

And privacy rules do apply regarding student conduct. I have no inside information -- just heard the same rumors as others. If Grandy had drug issues, alcohol issues, grade problems, etc, then Crews would not be able to comment. If Glaze was a problem in the locker room, then this would be another reason not to bring him back. If so, how does Crews explain these problems to us/the media?

So it seems like you agree that signing an impact 5th year senior is highly unlikely. So now the decision on Grandy comes down to whether having him around is better or worse than an unused scholarship...

As to the privacy rules, if Crews had simply said Grandy won't be back next year that would have been the end of it. Durando isn't going to dig into why he won't be back and Crews wouldn't have to explain anything. The fact that Crews was noncommittal on Grandy shows there is a decent chance he is coming back.

And as for the rumors that some posted on here about Grandy, it seems to me those posting the rumors were the same people that said there was no chance he was coming back. Given that there is definitely a chance he is coming back, its calls into question the legitimacy of the claims people were making. If some tells me A and B are true and it turns out A is wrong, I'd be a fool to believe that B is certainly true.

If GG does not graduate this year then maybe it is in the program's best interest to bring him back to save the graduation rating. Maybe that is what Crews is really inferring - if GG makes his grades and graduates then he is gone if not we both have a mutual benefit to bring him back for one year. I will not hold my breath worrying about GG being back or not - in my opinion he really does not bring that much to the table and given this is his 3rd shoulder injury - I assume all the same shoulder but someone could set me straight on that - why would you think he could get through the year not injuring himself - see Jaime Garcia.

If GG does not graduate this year then maybe it is in the program's best interest to bring him back to save the graduation rating. Maybe that is what Crews is really inferring - if GG makes his grades and graduates then he is gone if not we both have a mutual benefit to bring him back for one year. I will not hold my breath worrying about GG being back or not - in my opinion he really does not bring that much to the table and given this is his 3rd shoulder injury - I assume all the same shoulder but someone could set me straight on that - why would you think he could get through the year not injuring himself - see Jaime Garcia.

The APR has little to do with actual graduation within 4 years. As long as he is on track to graduate within 5 years (and all indications are that he is) the APR will be unaffected whether he stays or leaves.

You literally have no idea about any of their players.

So even though Barnes has been rumored to be fired every season for the last 4 you believe his players have been completely oblivious of this?

I wonder what a guy like Jordan Barnett is thinking these days. He goes off to Texas, plays 8.5 minutes per game for an underachieving team and now his coach is likely going to be fired. I'd certainly be interested in a kid like that if he became available on the transfer wire. I know others don't want to accept St. Louis kids back as transfers but to me that's just cutting your nose off to spite your face.

hes thinking, "i play basketball at Texas.... there are a lot of hot chicks who like me here. ill stay"

GUARD

JERMAINE BISHOP

Holy Cross

The 6-1 senior guard powered the Knights to its deepest run in the CHSAA Class AA division since getting to the city championship game in 2012. The senior guard was a strong leader on the floor and adept at creating his own shots and finishing in the paint. Bishop would average 20 points this season in being selected for the first time to the All-CHSAA Class AA First

- See more at: http://www.msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-bronx/2015-all-new-york-city-boys-basketball-team-1.1699029#sthash.ugU7ybia.IGa7QRrQ.dpuf

So it seems like you agree that signing an impact 5th year senior is highly unlikely. So now the decision on Grandy comes down to whether having him around is better or worse than an unused scholarship...

As to the privacy rules, if Crews had simply said Grandy won't be back next year that would have been the end of it. Durando isn't going to dig into why he won't be back and Crews wouldn't have to explain anything. The fact that Crews was noncommittal on Grandy shows there is a decent chance he is coming back.

And as for the rumors that some posted on here about Grandy, it seems to me those posting the rumors were the same people that said there was no chance he was coming back. Given that there is definitely a chance he is coming back, its calls into question the legitimacy of the claims people were making. If some tells me A and B are true and it turns out A is wrong, I'd be a fool to believe that B is certainly true.

Shoe. You are being quite selective in the posts about Grandy which you are discrediting. Alot of what is posted on this Board is false - buy not all.

Is there a chance that Grandy comes back? Sure. And should we give a hardworking 5th year Senior another year/scholarship if the scholie will simply go unused. Normally, I say yes. For instance, Daniel Lisch was given a scholie which otherwise would have gone unused. Paul Eckerle kept getting an athletic scholarship each year for the same reason.

But there is much more to the story regarding Grandy. Apparently, Grandy's relationship with the team/coaches became strained. Apparently, Grandy, a scholarship athlete, had team privileges removed/kicked off the team for undisclosed reasons. Grandy then did come back and participate in Senior Day after our last home game and some were surprised that Glaze came back/was allowed to participate. None of this suggests that Grandy would be welcomed by the coaching staff.

Shoe. You are being quite selective in the posts about Grandy which you are discrediting. Alot of what is posted on this Board is false - buy not all.

Is there a chance that Grandy comes back? Sure. And should we give a hardworking 5th year Senior another year/scholarship if the scholie will simply go unused. Normally, I say yes. For instance, Daniel Lisch was given a scholie which otherwise would have gone unused. Paul Eckerle kept getting an athletic scholarship each year for the same reason.

But there is much more to the story regarding Grandy. Apparently, Grandy's relationship with the team/coaches became strained. Apparently, Grandy, a scholarship athlete, had team privileges removed/kicked off the team for undisclosed reasons. Grandy then did come back and participate in Senior Day after our last home game and some were surprised that Glaze came back/was allowed to participate. None of this suggests that Grandy would be welcomed by the coaching staff.

-then why leave the impression there is a chance he (GG) can come back to the team?

-then why leave the impression there is a chance he (GG) can come back to the team?

I can ask you the same thing back. Quite possibly Crews would be open to Glaze coming back if all else fails and we end up w an empty scholaship by default or by design. Again, this might not all be decision of Crews. The actions of Glaze and other schools which might want him also appear quiet.

For those out there who know more than me - is there any chance we try and sign a 5th year who has already graduated to provide some leadership and rebounding support?

Sure, we can try but guys like that are in very high demand across the country. If only SLU had its own 5th year senior candidate that rebounds well and provides a lot of energy. Hmmmmm.