Recruiting 2015

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I dont understand how people seriously believe he would stay another year, or if the staff would even want him to. I mean he's a great guy, but we're trying to build for the future here.

He could go to SIUE and average 15 and 10

I know the T word is verboten here, ask Taj Mahal 79, but I would expect this year we could see 1 or 2. No guesses as to who. Whether it's by choice or suggestion is not important. Getting a transfer or some 2 star late blooming FR is not going to help us next year. We need a JUCO stud or two. PG and PF should be highly sought after.

I know the T word is verboten here, ask Taj Mahal 79, but I would expect this year we could see 1 or 2. No guesses as to who. Whether it's by choice or suggestion is not important. Getting a transfer or some 2 star late blooming FR is not going to help us next year. We need a JUCO stud or two. PG and PF should be highly sought after.

Yes. We are desperately in need of a point guard and a rebounder with adequate offensive skills.

I have no interest in GG returning as a medical red shirt senior next year. He does not add enough to the team to make that big of a difference. Let him move on to whatever he wants and let us move on. I am not sure what to expect from any signings this spring - should that even happen - but if we are to be better next year it will have to come from within. At this point I would just assume that Crews should be looking towards next year and playing those who he thinks can actually help next year. JM is not the person and honestly I am still looking for all this high talk about AG - he has effort but little to show ever comes from it. If he has so much potential then play the guy but from what I have seen he does not warrant it yet. If we don't have pg then we better develop one now - I don't care who that is MB or MR but not giving them a chance to grow into the role now would be a wasted opportunity. The poor FT shooting and continued poor rebounding is very disappointing. These are things that do not require great athleticism but they do require concentration and a little technique so to me that is not that hard to do. I expected this to be a difficult season but knowing that intellectually and actually watching it in real time is very tough.

If we were close to being good, I might understand keeping Grandy because maybe his rebounding could be a different maker for us. But at this point, all he'd be doing is blocking playing time from a younger guy. I mean I'd rather have him than save the scholarship probably just because he'll be gone after the year anyway but I'd hope we're staying in touch with recruits and not just keeping an eye on situations because it's naive to think that you can have 9 FR/SO and all will want to stay. It's possible obviously but unlikely

Honestly I dont understand how people seriously believe he would stay another year, or if the staff would even want him to. I mean he's a great guy, but we're trying to build for the future here.

Are you implying that next year will definitely be a rebuilding year too? We should definitely bring in a freshman instead of bringing back a 5th year senior?

Why would he want to stay? Well, college is fun. Especially when you're going for free. He also seems to enjoy playing basketball. Why would the staff want him back? He would highly likely help the team win over a late-signing freshman. We can then have a 3rd scholarship for 2016.

Are you implying that next year will definitely be a rebuilding year too? We should definitely bring in a freshman instead of bringing back a 5th year senior?

Why would he want to stay? Well, college is fun. Especially when you're going for free. He also seems to enjoy playing basketball. Why would the staff want him back? He would highly likely help the team win over a late-signing freshman. We can then have a 3rd scholarship for 2016.

Serious question (and admittedly I did not look into his injury or past injury that much, but recall it being the same injury to his shoulder as his sophomore season), will Glaze be able to play at the same level once his rehab is done?

I really would have liked to see Glaze play this year and battle with the young bigs in practice, but for him to return next year we would need someone to transfer right? And we would be taking him over possibly a freshman or JUCO or transfer and I think adding a true pg would be a nice addition to our combo guards.

We signed Milik in mid April, so you can still find capable players in the spring/early summer. I recall there being quite a few names popping up last spring (fewer programs actively recruiting for the current recruiting class and fewer uncommitted players, so it is a little easier to track recruiting efforts in the spring).

I would think next year will be more a rebuilding year then not. What have you seen this year that would tell you that this team is a top conference team next year or a NIT or NCAA tourney team? GG was not terrible but lets be real - he was never more than pedestrian and we should have enough of those on the team. Sure GG might like another year of fun and games but we do not exist for him to have another year of not being a grown up. The staff if they are satisfied with another year of GG and not feeling good about going out and getting an upgrade the it is time for them to move on. We need a coaching staff that strives for more not just getting by. By the way - not sure why this in bold now - if next years signing class is as good as people say then we should have a shot at a better plalyer

Article I found from April on Neufeld. http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/04/16/matt-neufeld-lambricks-lion-king-takes-his-place-with-bcs-best-sunday-at-the-lec/

If this is old news then sorry. Seems like he has an excellent work ethic and worked with some of the best in British Columbia on skill development. Not a lot of info available on his Prep team which is the same thing I found about Welmer. Having only seen some video and read some articles on Neufeld, I have a feeling he's going to be a pleasant surprise next year. Have to say though that I haven't seen the kid play.

I've heard some things over the last couple days regarding transfers. Let me just say I hope we're closely tracking recruits at all positions and staying in touch with these guys too.

Won't say names because everything is a rumor and the situation is fluid (plus I'd be attacked on this board). Anything could change with the drop of a hat, but let's just be prepared.

I've heard some things over the last couple days regarding transfers. Let me just say I hope we're closely tracking recruits at all positions and staying in touch with these guys too.

Won't say names because everything is a rumor and the situation is fluid (plus I'd be attacked on this board). Anything could change with the drop of a hat, but let's just be prepared.

50/50

This is news? The average transfer rate last year was about what, over 1 per D1 team. To NOT have transfers from this year's team, now that would be news.

Isn't it an odd time for transferring intentions to be being discussed? If someone was contemplating transferring, they just missed an opportunity to head out the door and play someplace else 2nd semester next year.

You either have news or you haven't. You have not