Recruiting 2015

“They said I'm a shooter and have decent ball skills,” Cline says. “They said I make good decisions. I might score 30, but only take nine shots, so there's a degree of efficiency. That's one thing they looked at me for.

With that degree of efficiency, he can play for anyone...or take a math course :rolleyes:

Well, considering that free throws don't count as "shots," it's certainly possible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell of course about how good our current roster turns out to be, but has the program ever been this far ahead of the game in terms of having all the scholarships accounted for AND already having one of the two available ones for next season spoken for?

With just one to give, I would be very selective at this point. Just really make an all out push for players in the Top 50-150 range for the next fall recruiting period. If we miss, waiting until spring for an impact transfer would be a good approach.

This also allows the staff to put a lot of energy into 2016 recruits.

This the same point I made earlier - being able to be proactive and not reactive in recruiting is very important. Our current situation bodes well for 2016 recruiting.

SLU is showing interest in a 7-foot, 230-pound 3-star recruit Derrik Smits of Zionsville, Indiana.

He's the son of Rik Smits of Indiana Pacers fame:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140429/PSPORTS02/140439998

Considering Crews and Cheaney were Indiana basketball notables during Smits' time playing for Indy -- and Cheaney played against Smits -- there are surely some good relationships there, which could come in handy if we offer...

Well we have "Dutch" Town going for us in St Louis. Hopefully he doesn't figure out it never had anything to do with the Dutch until after he signs.

Here's another Indiana name, this time a top 150 player that SLU is showing interest in:

Rivals150 guard K.J. Walton checks in at No. 107 in 2015 and the combo guard from Brownsville (Ind.) High who is playing with Grassroots Indiana backed up that ranking. At about 6-foot-2, he is a strong scorer who plays with confidence and doesn't shy from contact. That love of contact helps him to live at the fee throw line when he is attacking. He listed offers from Illinois State, Xavierand Minnesota. Walton also mentioned interest from Indiana, Saint Louis, Butler, Purdue and "most of the Big Ten".

This appears to be the caliber of recruit we need to be focusing our efforts on for 2015. Not surprising Xavier is involved with another Top 50-150 recruit. This is the level of recruit our program needs to start attracting consistently if we are to build on the previous three years and become a Xavier/Gonzaga type program capable of sustaining success.

What position does Buie play?

point guard 6'0 150 Lbs.

Top 150 on rivals, top 30 PG. Offers from ODU, Duquesne, Rhode Island, Hofstra, fairfield, UW-Milwaukee, Manhattan, Iona, Seton Hall, Fordham

point guard 6'0 150 Lbs.

Top 150 on rivals, top 30 PG. Offers from ODU, Duquesne, Rhode Island, Hofstra, fairfield, UW-Milwaukee, Manhattan, Iona, Seton Hall, Fordham

Thank you for the information.

Imagine Rozelle Nix would be a long shot...6-11, 330 or so pounds, originally an LSU commit, came on strong toward end of season for a good Pensacola team...interest from Auburn, Wichita, Xavier, etc, and an offer from Ball St.

He was honorable mention for his conference, clogs the lane....not sure how he would fit with our system, biggest question would be mobility, particularly on D.

Imagine Rozelle Nix would be a long shot...6-11, 330 or so pounds, originally an LSU commit, came on strong toward end of season for a good Pensacola team...interest from Auburn, Wichita, Xavier, etc, and an offer from Ball St.

He was honorable mention for his conference, clogs the lane....not sure how he would fit with our system, biggest question would be mobility, particularly on D.

@ 330+ he could clog I40.

I'm not sure how much he reopened vs Mizzou said we want reevaluate you.

Ronnie is no Scott. He needs a year of prep school to polish his game. I thought it was a huge reach for Mizzou to offer him. He's getting looks from East coast schools now. I don't see why Crews would offer him when he had the chance to before and passed.

Have seen the Suggs kid play. He is good. You are right when you say he is not as good as his brother. But he is as good as if not better than Bartley and Roby. Not a lot of difference between those three. Seen all three of them. However, having already signed all of those perimeter players, really wouldn't be a need for Suggs, but it is not because they were a lot better. He is 6'6 with a pretty good upside. If he goes does go prep school, many schools will be after him IMO.

Have seen the Suggs kid play. He is good. You are right when you say he is not as good as his brother. But he is as good as if not better than Bartley and Roby. Not a lot of difference between those three. Seen all three of them. However, having already signed all of those perimeter players, really wouldn't be a need for Suggs, but it is not because they were a lot better. He is 6'6 with a pretty good upside. If he goes does go prep school, many schools will be after him IMO.

I have in the playoffs at Northwest, against Washington I believe. I wasn't overly impressed. He was the most athletic player with any size on the floor, so he was able to score. His shot looks bad.

• 2 weeks later...