Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a PG. Bishop is good, but even if he takes the next step as a sophomore, we still need at least one more PG if we want to be good

Agreed. Ideally a transfer. Will bishop develop real PG skills? Remains to be seen.this past two years were so godawful its hard to really evaluate. 0 coaching, nothing learned, wasted time.

-all local ties, which is why I would be glad to see a Tatum, Claggett, Frazier etc on the staff, not a requirement though

Wouldn't it be better for SLU to keep former players at the highschool and AAU levels rather than to promote them?

For those that dont remember, for years SLU lacked alumni at the highschool and AAU levels which had former Mizzou guys, the Post Dispatch and KMOX were filled with Mizzou grads, etc.

A 5th year Center could possibly allow us to compete next year.

Move Jolly to PF

I'd be skeptical of any type of 5th year guy that would want to come to SLU. Most of those guys are looking to play in the NCAA or move up to the big boy conferences.

Wouldn't it be better for SLU to keep former players at the highschool and AAU levels rather than to promote them?

For those that dont remember, for years SLU lacked alumni at the highschool and AAU levels which had former Mizzou guys, the Post Dispatch and KMOX were filled with Mizzou grads, etc.

-I can see benefit and detractions from both, i don't think it is a requirement to have a local on the staff

Charlie Moore (Morgan Park, Chicago) is a kid we were recruiting before he committed to Memphis. He trimmed his list to VCU, Cal, and Memphis before committing.

We were on him before his stock jumped in the past year, so there's at least some history and familiarity with SLU. Obviously a lot has changed on our end but that's for the better.