Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about the guy, but Sam Snelling tweeted "word is that Gorjok Gak has already picked his new school" and responded to a question asking where with "hearing Florida actually." Florida was one of his finalists when he committed to Oklahoma State.

I don't know much about the guy, but Sam Snelling tweeted "word is that Gorjok Gak has already picked his new school" and responded to a question asking where with "hearing Florida actually." Florida was one of his finalists when he committed to Oklahoma State.

Well, I guess this Gak fellow is a tool.

Supposedly, Gak had been asked to NBA top 100 camp so it is a good sign that Travis Ford can attract and sign top players.

Gak is only 3.3 star on verbal commits though. Ford was after 4 and 5 stars. We signed a walk on and told GG to go elsewhere- rebounding is for players worried about the past according to Crews theory- better to be back early to ward off fast breaks.

Is there a list somewhere of 2016 guys who would be realistic targets for this spring period? While none of the players have announced anything it would be shocking if they all were back.

Yes, but the list I've been keeping has been on pause during this because I'm not sure if Crews' recruits will become Ford's recruits.

Yes, but the list I've been keeping has been on pause during this because I'm not sure if Crews' recruits will become Ford's recruits.

Perhaps guys offered by OSU who are uncommitted? I know it is a lot of work, I'm just excited at the prospect of change.

Perhaps guys offered by OSU who are uncommitted? I know it is a lot of work, I'm just excited at the prospect of change.

It depends on their releases; they may be blocked from playing for Ford's new school. One of them is already apparently going to Florida.

We'll just have to wait and see what he throws together in the next month-plus.

-I would guess there would be some crossover, but not much, and probably not the Indiana focus

-perhaps some attention now to a Catholic high school in Belleville that previously was ignored?

-I would guess there would be some crossover, but not much, and probably not the Indiana focus

-perhaps some attention now to a Catholic high school in Belleville that previously was ignored?

Let's hope. Let's also hope it's not too little, too late for some of the 2017 kids.

One thing I'm optimistic about with this hire is that Ford should be able to repair relationships with local AAU programs, high school programs, and the right local people as far as recruiting goes. It's so frustrating to see how many times SLU has built up and then destroyed these connections. We need to rebuild and maintain those.

Let's hope. Let's also hope it's not too little, too late for some of the 2017 kids.

One thing I'm optimistic about with this hire is that Ford should be able to repair relationships with local AAU programs, high school programs, and the right local people as far as recruiting goes. It's so frustrating to see how many times SLU has built up and then destroyed these connections. We need to rebuild and maintain those.

-all local ties, which is why I would be glad to see a Tatum, Claggett, Frazier etc on the staff, not a requirement though

I am not sure why having someone with local ties is necessary or means anything. Put together the best group of basketball minds you can regardless of where they are from. A guy who has a reputation like Ford for being a very energetic and good recruiter should not have any issues getting "in" with the local AUU guys.

-that's why I said not a requirement