Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish every success to Mr. Tatum. Who out there would have picked SLU over Duke? I sure would have not if I had Jason's ability and future. No brainer.

I grew up a SLU fan and I've generally hated Duke ever since Christian Laettner hit that shot against Kentucky (used to like UK too as a kid). Even with that, I would have had a hard time turning down Duke if Coach K wanted me to play there.

Tarkus Ferguson (Althoff) verbaled to UIC this morning

tarkus is better than any guard on our roster. and the fact uic believes he is academically ok to attend that very nice academic institution i would say we cant use the excuse we didnt think he could handle slu academics. very disappointing we are going to miss on all the althoff kids. my gosh, at least go get on marvin bateman. he has the highest ceiling of all of them anyway. he would be the best outside shooter entering the program since claggett. supposedly we want long sniper's. well that's marvin. and only a high school junior so plenty of time to get involved.

Pretty solid class locally:

-Jayson Tatum (Chaminade) - Duke

-Tyler Cook (Chaminade) - Iowa

-Xavier Sneed (Hazelwood Central) - Kansas State

-Zeke Moore (Riverview Gardens) - Saint Louis University

-Jordan Barnes (CBC) - Indiana State

-Mike Lewis (Chaminade) - Duquesne

-Christian Willis (CBC) - Arkansas State

-Brendon Gooch (Althoff) - SIU Carbondale

-Tarkus Ferguson (Althoff) - UIC

-Aaron Cook (Westminster) - SIU Carbondale

-Duane Clark (CBC) - UMKC

Everything Majerus established has pretty much been lost. The local kids have no desire whatsoever to play for Crews and SLU.

tarkus is better than any guard on our roster. and the fact uic believes he is academically ok to attend that very nice academic institution i would say we cant use the excuse we didnt think he could handle slu academics. very disappointing we are going to miss on all the althoff kids. my gosh, at least go get on marvin bateman. he has the highest ceiling of all of them anyway. he would be the best outside shooter entering the program since claggett. supposedly we want long sniper's. well that's marvin. and only a high school junior so plenty of time to get involved.

Really? Don't be a fool.

I don hate Tatum but I really have no interest in what he does at Duke. If he is successful or not it means nothing to me one way or the other. Crews has much to do - hopefully he can do it but the odds are not in his favor but then again, that is why you have to let it play out. This is a critical year for him - if he lays another egg, then we have no other choice but to let him go but once again I guess there could be some unusual factors that could give him a reprieve.

Yes- he's not better than any guard on our roster. Would he fit in? Maybe, but he is not much better

Which guard on our current roster do you think is more talented than Tarkus ferguson? I honestly can't think of a single aspect of ferguson's game that is surpassed by on of our current guards.

You do know that jodair jett and kevin lisch and erwin claggett and David burns and larry hughes are no longer on our roster?

Which guard on our current roster do you think is more talented than Tarkus ferguson? I honestly can't think of a single aspect of ferguson's game that is surpassed by on of our current guards.

You do know that jodair jett and kevin lisch and erwin claggett and David burns and larry hughes are no longer on our roster?

If he is that good why is he going to a horrible team in a one bid league. I have watched him play and he is not better than the guards on our roster.

If he is that good why is he going to a horrible team in a one bid league. I have watched him play and he is not better than the guards on our roster.

People in and close to the Althoff program have said it was an incredibly quick, almost out of nowhere, commit. They were caught off guard.

At the present time, other than Roby, I'd take Ferguson over all our current guards.

People in and close to the Althoff program have said it was an incredibly quick, almost out of nowhere, commit. They were caught off guard.

At the present time, other than Roby, I'd take Ferguson over all our current guards.

Chin Coleman i$ on the job at UIC. $coundrelly recruiting is the name of his game.

not sure what games you saw of tarkus. i saw over ten and he is without a doubt a difference maker. currently only goodwin is more productive than ferguson for althoff as ferguson scored at a 14 ppg clip. last year tarkus shot 44% from the three point line and 58% from the field. He led the team in both assists and steals. He also typically guarded the opposing team's best player game in and game out and more times than not, it was ferguson that was taking the last shot. the post dispatch doesnt list "dunks" but i would say only goodwin had as many or maybe more dunks than ferguson. i.e. tarkus is quite the athlete.

as to your question about why he is going to uic, according to the news democrat article he said he really enjoyed his visit. my question remains how a player of his caliber was completely ignored by our staff. and i hold strong that tarkus is better than any guard off our current roster right now.

at this point it doesnt matter. we missed. again. hopefully we rectify our now regular action of ignoring local talent and go after excellent area juniors like goodwin, basteman, frederking who have not been pursued by the billiken coaches much to this point. our current roster is not very good and considering we recently had back to back ncaa teams that were highly ranked, it is very frustrating to know we have not capitalized on that good vibe and brought better players to our roster and come a little closer to maintaining that momentum. is it too late? i hope not. but honestly i fear we might already be back to 1983.