willie reed called up

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-good for Willie!!!

-I hope he doesn't spend more than the value of first contract for tickets for his advisors who have imo not been providing the best advice

-I hope he makes it big in the NBA...........and donates a bunch of money to SLU athletics

Applebee's on Forest Park Pkwy (by Barnes) is having a game watch tonight. 2 for $20 specials and a discount if you whisper "Rise and Grind" to your waitress. Also, there's a train metrolink stop nearby.

Aaah, what might have been. Willie, we hardly knew ye. Minimum sweet 16 last year. This year, who knows how far.

It's a damn shame. I know he had issues, but looking at what he'd done physically (had to have gained 50 lbs) combined with his athleticism and low post skills (he had nice post moves by the end of his freshman year)....who knows what could have been.

put me in the camp that believes willie reed was enough of a head case, his leaving was addition by subtraction. yes he had superb physical attributes and ability, but he had mental and social shortcomings that probably wouldnt have assisted the overall output of the team that played the last two years. our team we indeed had on the floor the last two years were wonderful students and citizens besides very good basketball players. i will take that every time over sheer talent.

I always hope kids like Willie and Melvin Robinson make it in the NBA

Baseball has taken kids from high school and baseball camps in South America and college ballplayers are now making a dent there.

College basketball should be for kids smart enough to get in and not have to cheat to stay

I think he would of put us over the top this year. he was a head case compared to most on the team but not enough that it would harm his ability to make major contributions on the court. The whole suspension thing IMHO he got hosed no pun intended. Hope he makes some big bucks after all he's been through. I like how his dad stood up for him too. Not to beat the dead horse race thing but no way would he be called a head case if white. Spirited, immature, live wire but not a program ruining head case.