Agbeko

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way he'd be a 2 star if he were reevaluated today. There is no telling when that ranking was given.

If anyone talks to him, please pass this on. 360 dunks during warmups are fine, just don't walk.

Scout.com has him 3 star for 2013:

http://hsconnecticut.scout.com/a.z?s=386&p=8&c=1&nid=6668033

Also, you'll see the blurb stating that, as recently as Mid-March, Duke and Agbeko were in "daily contact." Numerous reports out there that Duke did offer. Oklahoma appears to have offered recently as well.

To fulfill my duty as forum negative nancy: this kid, while a great get, is not superman. He has a great body and a ton of potential, but he's a two-star for a reason. He's still a raw talent. And now it falls on Crews & co. to develop his talent and allow him to realize that potential.

With that said, though, this kid could be a beast. And I don't think he signs with us if this is two or three years ago.

So if he's only a two star player, then what's the reason he wouldn't sign with us 2 or 3 years ago?

So if he's only a two star player, then what's the reason he wouldn't sign with us 2 or 3 years ago?

He's being recruited by some fairly noteworthy programs. If this were a few years ago - before SLU's recent success/national exposure - it seems likely he signs with one of those other programs.

Coach and player interview 2 years ago. Seems like a good kid. His biggest challenge will be learning how to play defence well enough to stay on the floor.

http://reboundgh.blogspot.com/2010/12/expectations-high-for-agbeko.html

He says SLU's commitment to defense was a factor:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-gets-commitment-from---forward/article_e404be44-0ebb-5c30-94f6-062664f4ae19.html

Recruiting classes are judged years later, not when they happen. However, if Crawford is a diamond in the rough that we found before everyone else realized how good he was, and Agbeko is a guy whose diamond in the rough status was being discovered when we got him, we have to begin giving some serious credit to whomever is getting these guys.

If these guys turn out to be as good as we think they could be, and we add two more contributors (not right away contributors, but contributors like the Evans, McCall, Jett, Loe class for this year and next), we could be talking about a very special recruiting class.

Alrighty then ! When is the first open practice ? We old-timers love to see the 6'8'' forwards who can rebound. They don't take no back sass. Right, larry72 ?

hopefully crews will let us watch practices. at least more than one b.s. show night open practice.

Alrighty then ! When is the first open practice ? We old-timers love to see the 6'8'' forwards who can rebound. They don't take no back sass. Right, larry72 ?

No backsass, WP. And according to moytoy you and I are gonna save a lot of money on pharmaceuticals. I'm still pinching myself. We've been after a guy like this for more years than I care to think. Great get for JC and Crew.

Wish Agbeko would have done the Hat thing with SLU, Duke and Missouri State

Yes I want that and I want SLU to have their own "fax girl"

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/02/06/bikini-model-national-signing-day-vols/

This is great. Tells you all you need to know about the kid's work ethic and willingness to put team first. I am even more pumped about him coming here now.

I think this may just show a little how much making the NCAA a couple years in a row can help in getting good recruits interested in playing for SLU. Plus it puts a good slant on Coach Crews since that seemed to be the major ? mark.