Agbeko

Guys, this is a very big get for SLU. Reggie's 2 star rating is from 2011 when he emerged as a force to be reckoned with at Hoop Group 2011. ESPN ranked him then as as a 2 star player and never did redo the ranking when he completed his senior high school season. He was then sent to do his prep season at South Kent where he performed once more vs top 10 talents like Noah Vonleh (#8 Indiana commit). I will state here that he is a 5 star player without the subjective ranking.

When you consider that he had Big 12 and ACC offers already before SLU offered then you know that he liked Jim Crews and his staff's commitment to player development. Here is info on schools that have offered: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/reggie-agbeko

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Go big or go home. He can spend the summer doing agility drills and working on the 3. Then we move DE to the point as we know he can dribble and pass already.

Evans

Agbeko

Rob

Grandy

John

John as in john manning in your starting five? Really?

One of the later posts in that thread made it clear duke was not still recruiting him at this point. But so what, anybody that is good enough to get looks from duke is good enough for me.

One of the later posts in that thread made it clear duke was not still recruiting him at this point. But so what, anybody that is good enough to get looks from duke is good enough for me.

You're right, but your second sentence is more right. Better to get a guy Duke was looking at than a guy who was only recruited by Lindenwood, right?

Do we call our players by their first names like the Dukies? Let's try...we have Mike, Jordair, and Austin in the backcourt next year. We are absolutely stacked. Boy that sucked. I feel like a pompous a$$.

You mean you aren't on a first-name basis with our players?

Really though, I think the initial system (i.e. JM) here sucks, too. Just use last name like everyone else in the sports world.

Also, I'll second the posts above. The fact that this guy was on Duke's radar is definitely encouraging.

Recruiting classes are judged years later, not when they happen. However, if Crawford is a diamond in the rough that we found before everyone else realized how good he was, and Agbeko is a guy whose diamond in the rough status was being discovered when we got him, we have to begin giving some serious credit to whomever is getting these guys.

If these guys turn out to be as good as we think they could be, and we add two more contributors (not right away contributors, but contributors like the Evans, McCall, Jett, Loe class for this year and next), we could be talking about a very special recruiting class.

We could be talking about a very special program!

His highlights remind me of Rodney Rogers in high school in the late '80s, early 90s. Rodney was a man among boys in high school and Agbeko has some similarities. Not sure he has three point range the way Rogers did but he looks like a very solid 4 or 5. Props to the coaching staff.

You mean you aren't on a first-name basis with our players?

Really though, I think the initial system (i.e. JM) here sucks, too. Just use last name like everyone else in the sports world.

Also, I'll second the posts above. The fact that this guy was on Duke's radar is definitely encouraging.

The initial system sucks... really... the 2 seconds it takes you to compute 'JM' into John Manning is that annoying... such a dookie fan thing to whine about.

I am glad that this kid committed to us and I am glad JC has shown a successful recruiting get. I will still be watching for what happens this fall in recruiting to declare that we delivered from what could have been a very tough plight. I want JC to be successful but that does not mean I have to be a kool aid drinker. I have found that kool aid can be rather bad tasting on the way back up.

Father Biondi was the one recruiting. We'll be getting Yao Ming 2 for 2015.

If he comes back with some 7 foot asian dude, I will grab my riot gear and help suppress any further protests. Sounds like the storyline of a bad Brendan Frazier movie.

I am glad that this kid committed to us and I am glad JC has shown a successful recruiting get. I will still be watching for what happens this fall in recruiting to declare that we delivered from what could have been a very tough plight. I want JC to be successful but that does not mean I have to be a kool aid drinker. I have found that kool aid can be rather bad tasting on the way back up.

Drinking the Kool-aid when good news comes in or when good things happen is what makes being a fan of a team fun. Enjoy it. Over indulge a little. If you are always worried about our guys or our coaching staff proving their hype or their past success, you will never be able to revel in the now.

We've made two tournaments in a row. We were ranked 16 this year. We're about to sign a coach who looks like he could continue our forward momentum. And, we are signing recruits who we probably wouldn't have gotten in the past. If we take a step back in the next few years, let's lament it then. Not now. Now is happy time.

Drinking the Kool-aid when good news comes in or when good things happen is what makes being a fan of a team fun. Enjoy it. Over indulge a little. If you are always worried about our guys or our coaching staff proving their hype or their past success, you will never be able to revel in the now.

We've made two tournaments in a row. We were ranked 16 this year. We're about to sign a coach who looks like he could continue our forward momentum. And, we are signing recruits who we probablby wouldn't have gotten in the past. If we take a step back in the next few years, let's lament it then. Not now. Now is happy time.

+1. This is a great post and makes a great point that EVERYONE should live by!