Are we looking like the village idiot of college hoops?

slu72

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The job is Crews'. They are waiting for FrB to return from Asia to make the announcement. They are recruiting like crazy. They will sign 3 most likely in the spring signing period.

There will be no Howland, etc. It is Crews.

This is what I have heard and it's just fine with me.

While none of us knows when Biondi is returning I would think it is common knowledge to many at SLU. Look I think the whole thing is just silly but if I have learned anything about Biondi it is that he is all about silly.

He could have the common courtesy of posting his calendar on Billikens.com. Jebus.

Dude's probably been home for a week already.

Anyone else find this to be "typical Saint Louis University?" I do. That's not an excuse, just pointing out the status quo is alive and well. I happen to believe Majerus excelled in spite of the obstacles placed in front of him, that's what a HOF coach could/would do. Crews may or may not be the answer going forward,but no matter who is hired (and I believe it too will be Crews), they will have to "fight city hall" until city hall retires. There is no united front on the state of SLU athletics.

Anyone else find this to be "typical Saint Louis University?" I do. That's not an excuse, just pointing out the status quo is alive and well. I happen to believe Majerus excelled in spite of the obstacles placed in front of him, that's what a HOF coach could/would do. Crews may or may not be the answer going forward,but no matter who is hired (and I believe it too will be Crews), they will have to "fight city hall" until city hall retires. There is no united front on the state of SLU athletics.

Yep. Exactly.

He could have the common courtesy of posting his calendar on Billikens.com. Jebus.

Dude's probably been home for a week already.

Think anyone told him we won the A-10 tourney and our second round game in the NCAA? Oh, yeah, and by the way we need to do something about bringing on a permanent HC? Any suggestions, Father?

As I said earlier in a post within the last week there are more false statements and mistatements posted on this board than I would have ever thought possible. Father Biondi is back and positively engaged in the process. He have never been a roadblock and there is no 'fight city hall" issue of any kind. This will get done in a positive manner. We have a number of excellent recruits who we are talking to and they fully understand that this staff will be in place going forward. We just had the best season in the history of modern Billiken basketball. We have great kids who are real students and wonderful human beings who care about getting better on and off the court. Yet many of the posters on this board repeatedly post negative comments and make it sound like the program is is trouble which is false--not true in any sense. Yet if uninformed third parties were to read these things it could leave a false negative outlook. Why not just be positive and happy with our success and hopeful for the future?

As I said earlier in a post within the last week there are more false statements and mistatements posted on this board than I would have ever thought possible. Father Biondi is back and positively engaged in the process. He have never been a roadblock and there is no 'fight city hall" issue of any kind. This will get done in a positive manner. We have a number of excellent recruits who we are talking to and they fully understand that this staff will be in place going forward. We just had the best season in the history of modern Billiken basketball. We have great kids who are real students and wonderful human beings who care about getting better on and off the court. Yet many of the posters on this board repeatedly post negative comments and make it sound like the program is is trouble which is false--not true in any sense. Yet if uninformed third parties were to read these things it could leave a false negative outlook. Why not just be positive and happy with our success and hopeful for the future?

I get your point about positivity, but why defend Father Biondi here? His actions (that unnecessary trip to Asia while the basketball team is playing for everything) are worthy of scorn.

Unless Biondi can defend the 3 I don't frankly give a damn where he is during the games so long as the athletic department's checks still clear. He is the president of a university not a basketball team.

Unless Biondi can defend the 3 I don't frankly give a damn where he is during the games so long as the athletic department's checks still clear. He is the president of a university not a basketball team.

he's the president of his own takeshi's castle. and people are getting tired of running into walls that look like vaginas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKwFMHDUmE

Good to know he is back - not sure why it was such a big secret. When people do not have information or are not given information then a vacuum is created. A vacuum demands something to fill it so of course misinformation is going to do that. Rather than be upset with fans whose only sin is that they care about the basketball program perhaps you could mention something to the powers to be that maybe they could be doing a little more proactive PR. Info can be leaked to certain media people so they could tweet something like - Crews and SLU are finalizing the details of a contract my sources say. This would not kill anybody nor would it harm the process - if something hits a snag and it falls through then only the media guy is left holding the bag and he would be glad to do so if it meant getting the scoop on the next coach. Bottom line here is SLU can be its own worse enemy when it comes to PR. Now I do have a question - you said the staff will be staying - does that mean all the staff so then there will not be the "hot shot" recruiter some have been clamoring for on the board and even in the media?

Good to know he is back - not sure why it was such a big secret. When people do not have information or are not given information then a vacuum is created. A vacuum demands something to fill it so of course misinformation is going to do that. Rather than be upset with fans whose only sin is that they care about the basketball program perhaps you could mention something to the powers to be that maybe they could be doing a little more proactive PR. Info can be leaked to certain media people so they could tweet something like - Crews and SLU are finalizing the details of a contract my sources say. This would not kill anybody nor would it harm the process - if something hits a snag and it falls through then only the media guy is left holding the bag and he would be glad to do so if it meant getting the scoop on the next coach. Bottom line here is SLU can be its own worse enemy when it comes to PR. Now I do have a question - you said the staff will be staying - does that mean all the staff so then there will not be the "hot shot" recruiter some have been clamoring for on the board and even in the media?

The negative fans "only" sin is not that they care about the basketball program--they have several "sins"--first and foremost is that they make up false "facts" that are negative to the school and to the program and then post them on this board if they are true. Second, they refuse to even acknowledge all of the great things that have happened with this program over the past year and focus on all of the negative speculation that is posted on this board. I am not involved in the discussions so I cannot talk about any details and those items are generally confidential in any hiring discussions. In any event, I do know that many good things are happening and this staff is busting its collective behind in recruiting. Many good players are talking to us. Its only been a little over a week since everyone returned from San Jose and took a deep breath. Why can't everyone be just a little patient?

I just dont get how the big schools can fire a coach, conduct a national coaching search, find the coach, negotiate the contract, and announce the new head coach all in a reasonable amount of time after the basketball season ended....while we have had ALLL GOD DAMN SEASON and we STILL do not have this crap settled.

Its absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing for the entire SLU community. Between what is going on with the professors and what is going on with this hiring, what do you think the public and alumni are supposed to think?

Let me guess, this hiring is being held up over absolute petty crap?

Exactly. This should be simple stuff. Players are making verbal commits and recruiting is very active right now, why have any appearance of uncertainty? I could care less that Biondi is on a trip, it's the fact that everything appears to have come to a grinding halt because he is on a trip that is the problem.

Maybe he can squeeze in a press conference prior to his trip to protest The School of the Americas for the 18th time. May have to let Martin Sheen know he'll be a day late for that one.

The negative fans "only" sin is not that they care about the basketball program--they have several "sins"--first and foremost is that they make up false "facts" that are negative to the school and to the program and then post them on this board if they are true. Second, they refuse to even acknowledge all of the great things that have happened with this program over the past year and focus on all of the negative speculation that is posted on this board. I am not involved in the discussions so I cannot talk about any details and those items are generally confidential in any hiring discussions. In any event, I do know that many good things are happening and this staff is busting its collective behind in recruiting. Many good players are talking to us. Its only been a little over a week since everyone returned from San Jose and took a deep breath. Why can't everyone be just a little patient?

Not much is posted here as "fact" As a general rule most people understand the majority of things posted are opinion.

However, I'm going to post a "fact" now. SLU could do a hell of a lot better sharing info with their fans and PR wise in general.

Billikan, you obviously have inside info that most fans aren't privy to and are clearly pretty close to the program. Maybe if posters had some of the same info you have on many topics, it'd be easier to be overflowing with positive thoughts on every situation.