More unrest at the University of Biondi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I actually just read an article about a dispute over use of words in surveys? Apparently so.

Both sides are making SLU look stupid here. I mean seriously, people are flipping out over the use of "University" vs. "President"??

Kinda what I thought. They look stupid, particularly the school (administration) itself dragging this along over the use of some words.

Did I actually just read an article about a dispute over use of words in surveys? Apparently so.

Both sides are making SLU look stupid here. I mean seriously, people are flipping out over the use of "University" vs. "President"??

It's the President that the Student Government Association and Faculty have officially expressed no confidence in, not the university. It's an important distinction.

I thought the professors looked sort of silly making such a big deal over the wording of the questions. Then the administration has to totally one-up them by threatening to sue them over "copyright infringement" of the survey questions. If you hired a PR firm to make your school look petty and stupid, I don't think you could do a much better job.

i think beyond biondi committing a crime or some just reprehensible act, biondi will decide when he leaves. to think his board would turn on him is not rational. the students and profs need to come to terms with it and as slu72 states, "just get along".

i think beyond biondi committing a crime or some just reprehensible act, biondi will decide when he leaves. to think his board would turn on him is not rational. the students and profs need to come to terms with it and as slu72 states, "just get along".

OR, seek another position where they are happier. It's amazing how that works.

there's always assassination. we just need to convince the government that he's sitting on massive oil reserves and he'll be dead within a week. it wouldn't hurt to insinuate that he's actually an islamic shaikh, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3F-WM8uK7Y

Correct me if I am wrong, the SGA voted no confidence in Biondi in either 1997 or 1998 when I was a student. This is nothing new, it won't end soon and it is correct that Larry will leave on his own terms barring something terrible happening.

I also believe that if you take a look at the SLU of my first visit in 1994 and SLU of 2013, he has earned this right.

Correct me if I am wrong, the SGA voted no confidence in Biondi in either 1997 or 1998 when I was a student. This is nothing new, it won't end soon and it is correct that Larry will leave on his own terms barring something terrible happening.

I also believe that if you take a look at the SLU of my first visit in 1994 and SLU of 2013, he has earned this right.

If you look at SLU's ranking between 1994 and now, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

If you look at SLU's ranking between 1994 and now, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

From 1993, archived from US news:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/culture/articles/931004/archive_016704_4.htm

Kind of annoying to read, but according to this, in '93, SLU was ranked somewhere between 103rd and 153rd. According to US News' most recent rankings (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/st.-louis-university-2506) we are 92nd.

Not sure what you're saying here.

+1

From 1993, archived from US news:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/culture/articles/931004/archive_016704_4.htm

Kind of annoying to read, but according to this, in '93, SLU was ranked somewhere between 103rd and 153rd. According to US News' most recent rankings (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/st.-louis-university-2506) we are 92nd.

Not sure what you're saying here.

Please, please, please stop posting facts that get in the way of the narrative into which so many are so deeply invested. It's like trying to teach a pig to dance - it never works and it just annoys the pig.