Next Year: Rotation and Recruiting

ACE

Agreed completely. Hoping that he reaches his potential soon, because I'm still waiting to break out the "YOU JUST GOT GLAZED" sign.

And I've got that patented.

i'm thinking DON'T GLAZE ME BRO, and it's got a photo of the other team's "enforcer" with SEMEN all over his face.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that was ever a discussion... DE is a KD35 type of player. Definitely plays the 3 spot; big enough to play a 4 but skilled enough to play a 2.

+100000

Not sure what a "KD35" type player is.

BTW, I think we're starting to the see the results of excessive Blue Kool-Aid consumption. I believe the first step is to admit you have a problem. :lol:

Not sure what a "KD35" type player is.

BTW, I think we're starting to the see the results of excessive Blue Kool-Aid consumption. I believe the first step is to admit you have a problem. :lol:

Pretty sure you are the only one who thinks DE is a 4. The starting lineup at the beginning of the season was Jett (for Kwamain), McCall, Evans, Remekun and Loe. Midway through the season, Glaze took Remekun's starting spot. Are you making the statement that Remekun and Glaze were playing the 3 while Evans was playing the 4 this season? That seems to be a pretty big stretch.

Another way to tell that Evans wasn't playing the 4 and other forwards were, is to see who subbed in for who. When Evans would first come out, typically it would usually be Barnett taking his place. Whereas when Cody and Cory would come in for the first time, it would be to replace Glaze and/or Loe.

Pretty sure you are the only one who thinks DE is a 4. The starting lineup at the beginning of the season was Jett (for Kwamain), McCall, Evans, Remekun and Loe. Midway through the season, Glaze took Remekun's starting spot. Are you making the statement that Remekun and Glaze were playing the 3 while Evans was playing the 4 this season? That seems to be a pretty big stretch.

Another way to tell that Evans wasn't playing the 4 and other forwards were, is to see who subbed in for who. When Evans would first come out, typically it would usually be Barnett taking his place. Whereas when Cody and Cory would come in for the first time, it would be to replace Glaze and/or Loe.

No offense to GG but he was merely a high energy to start the halves. If JC really had confidence in him, he'd be playing at the end of the game and/or when the game was on the line. IMO, DE played his best when he played down on the blocks. Word games are word games. Not interested. But to say someone's actual,natural or best position is that of a 3 sure implies to me that the kid can dribble, pass and shoot from the perimeter. DE is a great player but those are not his strengths.

Fine. Dribbling, passing and shooting is not the only requirement of a 3.... In that case, put me down for RL as who I'd start at the 3 next year.

No offense to GG but he was merely a high energy to start the halves. If JC really had confidence in him, he'd be playing at the end of the game and/or when the game was on the line. IMO, DE played his best when he played down on the blocks. Word games are word games. Not interested. But to say someone's actual,natural or best position is that of a 3 sure implies to me that the kid can dribble, pass and shoot from the perimeter. DE is a great player but those are not his strengths.

Fine. Dribbling, passing and shooting is not the only requirement of a 3.... In that case, put me down for RL as who I'd start at the 3 next year.

Rarely was DE on the floor without 2 of these players on the floor with him. Cody, Rob, Grandy, Cory, or John.

Which means if Dwayne wasn't the 3 ...

either one of those guys was

or ... we played without a 3. With 2 guards, 2 power forwards and a center. I guess, whatever works

So what you're saying is that you think of the 3 as a taller guard in a three-guard lineup, and you'd never use a swing man or two-forward lineup. You must detest the NBA.

If we can add 2 of Sainthil, Djambo, or Villanova kid to add to Agbeko and Crawford, then JC and staff have done an absolutely amazing job (at least on paper).

+1. DE's junior year better than BC's senior year, so I assume no one will be comparing them this time next year.

If we can add 2 of Sainthil, Djambo, or Villanova kid to add to Agbeko and Crawford, then JC and staff have done an absolutely amazing job (at least on paper).

I want Onwuasor and Djambo. Onwuasor has crazy length. Someone posted a video somewhere.

I want Onwuasor and Djambo. Onwuasor has crazy length. Someone posted a video somewhere.

+1

Onwuasor seems like he just got stuck at 'Nova (coach, depth chart, etc). Great athlete, good shooter. He will guard those bigger wings we have sturggled with and provide some class balance. Will be a surefire starter after he sits out the mandatory year.

Djambo looks like a stretch big on offense and an intimidator in the paint on the other end. Pretty unique skill-set, would fit well with our system and compliment Agbeko, Manning, Glaze and Evans by opening up the lane for them. We will miss not having a single player like CE/RL after next year, and Djambo would fill that need.

+1

Onwuasor seems like he just got stuck at 'Nova (coach, depth chart, etc). Great athlete, good shooter. He will guard those bigger wings we have sturggled with and provide some class balance. Will be a surefire starter after he sits out the mandatory year.

Djambo looks like a stretch big on offense and an intimidator in the paint on the other end. Pretty unique skill-set, would fit well with our system and compliment Agbeko, Manning, Glaze and Evans by opening up the lane for them. We will miss not having a single player like CE/RL after next year, and Djambo would fill that need.

You're thinking of Yacoubou from 'Nova. Onswuasor is HS senior from Inglehood, CA.

Didn't I read some scouting report that Djambo was lacking defensively?

You're thinking of Yacoubou from 'Nova. Onswuasor is HS senior from Inglehood, CA.

Didn't I read some scouting report that Djambo was lacking defensively?

You are right, my bad. I would prefer the Nova transfer, seems like a guy who can step in and be a star for us after we lose this year's big senior class. That said, I wouldn't mind most of the guys we are talking about, including Saintil and Onwuasor.

Djambo (at least from the tiny bits of video and stats available) seems like a long athletic player. He averaged nearly 9rpg (6.28 defensive boards/g) and 1.4bpg, so nothing remarkable either way. He might be more polished on O, but seems like he at the very least has the tools to play good D.

Regarding Saintil, he tweeted earlier today that he might go to prep school "depending on what happens this month with colleges and what not."

https://mobile.twitter.com/HakimSaintil20/tweets

Six days ago, Weixelman tweeted that SLU remains his top choice, but he supposedly has offers from Cincy, South Carolina, Rhode Island, SMU, Rider and possibly K-State.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust Biondi. I just don't understand why we officially don't have a coach. While everyone says it's going to happen it hasn't. I hope my fear is misguided but I just don't trust Biondi to be rational.