Gordo ripping us again

slu72

Article in the Post, something like SLU did amazing and should be ok if JC returns next year. But after that they're back to square one in every way imaginable. Read; the red headed stepchild of local hoops, or mediocre at best. Guess he doesn't think JC's the guy to lead us to new heights after next year.

How is that different than what is being posted on this message board? He probably read a few posts and knocked out a column, typical Gordo. What he is saying is true, If we dont get on the ball with recruiting we are going to be absolutely dreadful in 2 years

Article in the Post, something like SLU did amazing and should be ok if JC returns next year. But after that they're back to square one in every way imaginable. Read; the red headed stepchild of local hoops, or mediocre at best. Guess he doesn't think JC's the guy to lead us to new heights after next

Gordon has always been and always will be a Missouri fan who will always take a shot at SLU whenever he can. He has been that way for years and he will never change.

So barring marked improvement in our underclassmen and the signing of several quality recruits, we're NOT going to be screwed in a couple of years?

I think he just watched a whole bunch of John Manning footage, ate a bag of Funyuns and typed this .

Article in the Post, something like SLU did amazing and should be ok if JC returns next year. But after that they're back to square one in every way imaginable. Read; the red headed stepchild of local hoops, or mediocre at best. Guess he doesn't think JC's the guy to lead us to new heights after next year.

He's saying what nearly everyone on this board is already saying: if we don't recruit well soon we are going to be screwed in 2 years.

Oh the horror of someone in the media telling the truth!

He's right

He's saying what nearly everyone on this board is already saying: if we don't recruit well soon we are going to be screwed in 2 years.

Oh the horror of someone in the media telling the truth!

The difference is that he has an ax to grind and is always looking for a way to take a shot at SLU. Every Billiken fan knows that we need to recruit some new players for the year after next--and so do many of the teams in the NCAA! To give this guy any credibility at all is to take a shot at our team and our coaches and I refuse to do it!

I guess this is the price of getting better. Relevance means not everyone will "like" what is going on. I'd rather be noticed than be irrelevant.

Jeff Gordon noticed that Saint Louis had a good basketball team. He can say what he wants in his position...but a couple seasons ago, does he even notice?

Fight on, Bills. Let's be better so more people don't like us.

The difference is that he has an ax to grind and is always looking for a way to take a shot at SLU. Every Billiken fan knows that we need to recruit some new players for the year after next--and so do many of the teams in the NCAA! To give this guy any credibility at all is to take a shot at our team and our coaches and I refuse to do it!

The knock on Gordon on this board is that he went to Mizzou and was an antler so he must hate SLU. I'm convinced that if people had read those comments and the author had been anyone else there would be general agreement. I'm also convinced most people don't actually read what he writes because 95% of it is positive towards SLU but because he was an antler they only see the 5%.

Seriously, how many threads have we had in the past two months talking about how we have 8 scholarships to give between now and next spring and if we don't recruit well we are going to fall off the cliff? Someone in the media points the same thing out and he get's slammed by the same billikens.com posters. Unreal.

The knock on Gordon on this board is that he went to Mizzou and was an antler so he must hate SLU. I'm convinced that if people had read those comments and the author had been anyone else there would be general agreement. I'm also convinced most people don't actually read what he writes because 95% of it is positive towards SLU but because he was an antler they only see the 5%.

Seriously, how many threads have we had in the past two months talking about how we have 8 scholarships to give between now and next spring and if we don't recruit well we are going to fall off the cliff? Someone in the media points the same thing out and he get's slammed by the same billikens.com posters. Unreal.

I don't agree with kshoe on everything, but +1 here for sure

If we truly desire to be taken seriously as a program we have to be able to handle criticism a little better than some on this board. We need to expect the best and not continue to be satisfied with mediocrity. That's the "cute little SLU did all it could" mindset and that will get us nowhere

If we truly desire to be taken seriously as a program we have to be able to handle criticism a little better than some on this board. We need to expect the best and not continue to be satisfied with mediocrity. That's the "cute little SLU did all it could" mindset and that will get us nowhere

it wasnt even criticism.

It was the truth.

In fact the same thing can be said about every team in the tourney.

Writting an article that says you need to recruit good players if you want continued success isnt grkund breaking stuff.

Shoe was right, put Bernies name on this article and the title of the thread proba ly reads

"Bernie states the obvious in new column."

It wasn't criticism; it was the truth. There's a talent gap after next year. SLU tends to attract players that develop over time, rather than instant-impact players. So even if we recruit hard, there's going to be at least a year or two in there when we'll probably field a bad team. I don't know why this is deserving of personal attacks, or blind defense of SLU in the face of reality.

I've been told we have 2 prospects in this weekend, one from junior college and one from a prep school. Apparently, the coaches realize the situation and are attempting to add some older players.

NO MORE USING THE WORD "SITUATION." Just copy and past in one of these two photos.

626684.jpeg

or

the_situation--300x300.jpg

This was my point. According to Gordon, we'll be good next year, but then it's game over for the Billikens. And he wrote in a very condescending manner, ie back to the usual. Cripes, we don't even know who our HC is, officially, and if it is JC, Gordo basically said he can't recruit, so don't be jumping on the Billiken Bandwagon just yet, folks. Yes, Kshoe, we're all very concerned, but I think the majority of us are saying if it is JC let's at least give him a chance. Gordo gives him zero.

+1

I've been told we have 2 prospects in this weekend, one from junior college and one from a prep school. Apparently, the coaches realize the situation and are attempting to add some older players.

If Jim Crews is named HC I will support him just as I have all the previous HC's. We all need to take a wait and see attitude on the recruiting because it is not fair to criticize Coach Crews for the lack of early signing recruiting. Once he is named permanent HC that is when the Coach Crews recruiting meter starts. I think many of us already think the Crawford kid could be a diamond in the rough. True Blue Billiken fans will give Coach a chance to see what kind of athletes he is able to recruit.