Chips Starting to Fall ....

Taj79

My guess is a 5 year deal, hopefully for not more than 3 million total. Unfortunately, that's under the going rate these days.

Would you prefer to pay more for the same coach?

Pretty sure he's lamenting this program going cheap and easy. Back to the soderberg days.

Pretty sure he's lamenting this program going cheap and easy. Back to the soderberg days.

IF we take JC and do not hire a great AC, then everyone should know that SLU has decided to go the cheap and easy route - The NBE should take note of that as well, and move on from our invite, as we aren't a serious program.

I will only be happy if we hire a stand out new coach, which are starting to pop up now, or hire JC and a GREAT AC.

IF we take JC and do not hire a great AC, then everyone should know that SLU has decided to go the cheap and easy route - The NBE should take note of that as well, and move on from our invite, as we aren't a serious program.

I will only be happy if we hire a stand out new coach, which are starting to pop up now, or hire JC and a GREAT AC.

Who are these great ACs chomping at the bit to be given the chance to be an AC at SLU? I'm pretty sure the great ACs are holding out to become HCs.

I wouldn't have mind if SLU considered Graves for the job.

Agree, I thought he would be a good candidate if we don't go with Crews. Can't blame him for taking that job though. 10,000 seat arena, Mobil AL, 8 NCAA tournament appearnaces includeing some relatively recent ones. There are certainly worse places to get your first HC job.

Who are these great ACs chomping at the bit to be given the chance to be an AC at SLU? I'm pretty sure the great ACs are holding out to become HCs.

I don't know if we could get him but some one like this would be great.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/053012aaa.html

Known as a good recruiter, has AAU connections, from Chicago, Spent 4 season not too far away in Kentucky, and 1 year as an assitant at Mizzou so he knows the area. Young up and coming coach. We'd probably have to pay him more than he is making now and offer him a promotion. Something lke Associate Head Coach.

IF Crews gets the Job an assistant coach like the one above is what I hope we can find a way to add to our staff.

Great AC's are usually friends of the head coach. RM brought in really good ones such as Porter Moser who knew the Midwest and recruited quite well at Illinois State, Paul Biancardi was brought a national/Ohio presence as a lights out as a HC at Wright State and previously as an AC at Ohio State and Chris Harriman who has good ties Australia & New Zealand. Thereafter, RM also brought in Alex Jensen (a young, loyal player from Utah days), Jim Whitesell who helped with the Chicago pipeline of MM, DE and KC and finally Jim Crews.

To date, Jim Crews has brought in long time friend and the man behind the recruiting done at Army. Not to be dumb, but does JC have connections to younger ACs??

Another one bites the dust? Chris Collins to leave Coacj K's shadow and tak eover at Northwestern? http://espn.go.com/chicago/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9103538/northwestern-wildcats-duke-blue-devils-chris-collins-deal-source-says

The second coming of pretty Q? Or will he follow in the Brey, Amaker, Dawkins line?

"Majerus was really high on Tanner Bronson. If we trust in the instincts of Majerus, we have a solid recruiter and coach on board."

I agree. Bronson was in Crew's ear during much of the games. Whitesell, from what I have heard did most of the game planning, but it appears that Bronson has an increased role. I also know that he has been out recruiting quite a bit of the season. I may be in the minority, but I like this current staff. I hope Danny Brown gets an increased role next year, too.

"Majerus was really high on Tanner Bronson. If we trust in the instincts of Majerus, we have a solid recruiter and coach on board."

I agree. Bronson was in Crew's ear during much of the games. Whitesell, from what I have heard did most of the game planning, but it appears that Bronson has an increased role. I also know that he has been out recruiting quite a bit of the season. I may be in the minority, but I like this current staff. I hope Danny Brown gets an increased role next year, too.

Agreed. I've heard the same about Tanner, plus, I like the name.

Shaka Smart signed a deal that will keep him at VCU through 2023 for $1.5 million/year.

Minnesota couldn't get him to come there. They're also pursuing Hoiberg from Iowa State and Brad Stevens. Mick Cronin's name has also been thrown out there. Those seem unlikely, as Hoiberg and Cronin are alums of those schools and we all know Stevens seems sold on Butler, the AD, and a seemingly untouchable position there.

Debbie Yow at NC State says Mark Gottfried hasn't heard from UCLA. His buyout is a "non-negotiable" $3.75 million. Other names being thrown out there for the UCLA job are Tad Boyle from Colorado and Lorenzo Romar from Washington but would they be able to lure someone from within the same conference? Would they want to?

Shaka Smart signed a deal that will keep him at VCU through 2023 for $1.5 million/year.

what an idiot. seriously. with all the jocksniff he's getting these days, he should have cashed the fuok in at a bigger school. must have a really good thing going locally. maybe that's just the kind of guy he is. or maybe he thinks he'll be able to recruit his balls off now with a ten year deal. who knows?

what an idiot. seriously. with all the jocksniff he's getting these days, he should have cashed the fuok in at a bigger school. must have a really good thing going locally. maybe that's just the kind of guy he is. or maybe he thinks he'll be able to recruit his balls off now with a ten year deal. who knows?

they are a legit final 4 contender next year...not losing much off this team and have 2 top 100 recruit frosh that were ineligible this yr...could be something special in Richmond next year.

I can understand staying instead of taking the Minnesota job, but if UCLA came calling that'd be hard to turn down. Seems a little early in the coaching shuffle season to lock into that kind of deal, though. I'm sure the $15 million would still be there in a month.