HC

Schasz

Up your's pal. The rest of the history of the world starts now. Bye Kwa and Cody and Cory. We loved you ! You desrved a better send off!

Crews must go if we are to get better. End of story.......................

Up your's pal. The rest of the history of the world starts now. Bye Kwa and Cody and Cory. We loved you ! You desrved a better send off!

Crews must go if we are to get better. End of story.......................

No. We need better recruiting. Guys like Loe, Ellis, and Remekun are good for conference play. We need some good athletic big men to win on the national level. We also need some accurate outside shooters. All the teams that won today had those kind of players. Unless SLU allows Loe to play exclusively outside, he won't be much help to the team. What the coaches did to him was not right. It's like recruiting a shooting guard and trying to make a point guard out of him.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We need better recruiting. Guys like Loe, Ellis, and Remekun are good for conference play. We need some good athletic big men to win on the national level. We also need some accurate outside shooters. All the teams that won today had those kind of players. Unless SLU allows Loe to play exclusively outside, he won't be much help to the team. What the coaches did to him was not right. It's like recruiting a shooting guard and trying to make a point guard out of him.

Agree Loe could not even make free throws due to the pounding he took

I'm on Rich's side with this one.

Majerus hopefully has changed the culture of our program. No room for sentimentality anymore. We wanna win right and we wanna win now. Crews ain't it.

I loved the season. Our players were all tremendous, but in the end we did no more than what we were supposed to do. Team certainly didn't underachieve but didn't overachieve either. Crews did an admirable job, but I don't think he earned anything more than an interview. Now if he goes into that room with a plan for us winning conference championships and garnering NCCAA tourney berths every year so be it. We can't just hand him the job though.

That said I bet he's the coach next year.

Crews was the appropriate person for the moment. All respect for the role he played. If I ever see the man, I will tell him so. He is a class act. However, the program I want, as many of us do, requires something different. I want someone who has decided that he will win several national championships, wherever he is, and is just figuring out where that will be.

I love what Crews did for us this season. He got put in a tough position and went above the call of an assistant coach. Awesome.

That said, I don't think he's the right man for the job. I have doubts about his recruiting ability and he hasn't really had stellar, outstanding success in the past(neither has SLU, but we hopefully aren't a program run on the cheap anymore.)

This "anyone but Crews" stuff is tacky and stupid. Show some class. Discuss WHY Crews shouldn't be the coach, and who would be a better option, the personal attacks on him are immature and uncalled for.

He will probably be the coach next year regardless. I'm really afraid that we will have hollow recruiting classes and end up like we were when Rickma first got here. I'm crossing my fingers that Crews is an experienced coach and won't be a Sodie repeat...........................

First of all, I wouldn't be upset if Crews gets the full-time gig. Crews was not the reason we lost to Oregon.

If it's not Crews, Howland would be a huge get.

He was never a good fit for UCLA. The pressure not just to win, but to win in style was his undoing. If Dixon had left Pitt, I could see where he'd be a good fit to return there, but it appears Pitt has gone all-in on Dixon and locked him up...Howland's days are numbered in La La land...we could certainly live with his Sweet 16 ceiling at Pitt or back to back to back Final 4s at UCLA...

Show some class.

The "Anyone But Crews" avatar? Billiken Rich? What kind of fan are you?

photo-thumb-100007.jpg?_r=1364088386

That is distaseful, take it down.

Crews is a good man, does not deserve that kind of crap.

I'm a fan that wants a new coach. As I've said all year I want Crews to go off into the sunset a winner. He has to do that now. He did his job well to hold things together. We cannot take a chance on his recruiting. We need a proven winner.

Anybody but Crews is not realy true. I wouldn't take Quinn Snyder but there are dozens of better choices available.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I saw Crews miss 17 straight 3's. horrible coach.

He didn't miss the shots but he also didn't have much of a defensive game plan. I have to think Majerus or even Brad could've come up with something. better than watch them sink threes one after another

We did not defand. We did not rebound. We didn't win..............

He didn't miss the shots but he also didn't have much of a defensive game plan. I have to think Majerus or even Brad could've come up with something. better than watch them sink threes one after another

We did not defand. We did not rebound. We didn't win..............

YOUR POSTS TONIGHT AFTER A WONDERFUL SEASON ARE A PATHETIC JOKE. CREWS DID A GREAT JOB WITH THIS TEAM UNDER DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES. ANY TEAM CAN HAVE AN OFF SHOOTING NIGHT WHILE ANOTHER TEAM SHOOTS LIGHTS OUT AND THAT IS THE RECIPE FOR AN UPSET. I WILL NEVER, EVER UNDERSTAND THE RIDICULOUS NEGATIVITY BY SOME ON THIS BOARD. WE JUST FINISHED THE BEST SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM WITH THE MOST WINS AND THE MOST WINS OVER RANKED OPPONENTS. WE WERE RANKED 13TH IN THE FINAL REGULAR SEASON POLL EVEN THOUGH WE PLAYED HALF THE SEASON WITHOUT OUR SENIOR POINT GUARD. GIVE US ALL A BREAK AND SHUT DOWN THE STUPID SIGNATURE!

None of that shouting has anything to do with the future. Can Crews recruit at a high level? Is he that best person for the job? I think the answers to those questions are maybe and no. Do I hold him respensible for our shooting tonight? No. Could Majerus have come up with a better defensive scheme? Yes.

Do I want us to find another coach? Yes.

Andy Enfield

Independently wealthy. Supermodel wife. Lives and works on the beach in South Florida. Has a program that is generating buzz. He wants the SLU job why? Better conference and competition? Maybe. My guess is SLU is attractive for a lot of candidates, but not this guy.

Richard Pitino would be an interesting name.

Huh? This, hopefully, is a joke. One bad tourney game and people lose all touch with reality. Knight? Pitino? Wow.

Listen, I am devastated by the loss. SLU played horribly. I blame the players and the coach--Crews could have adjusted, and the players did not execute. All of that said, GET A GRIP, PEOPLE! Pitino is not coming to SLU. Nor is Knight. Enfield won't be the SLU coach. Not Eustachy, not Amaker. We have a nice program. So do lots of other schools. I'm glad to see the passion on this board, but just be real. I am not endorsing Crews, but I know we'd be lucky to have him.

Huh? This, hopefully, is a joke. One bad tourney game and people lose all touch with reality. Knight? Pitino? Wow.

Richard, not Rick. Richard is Rick's son. However, Chaifetz did go after Rick Pitino before Majerus was hired.

Disclaimer: I am not talking about Hiring anyone or advocating for anyone. Crews did a fine job this season, but it's yet to be determined whether he's the coach moving forward.

Go Bills.