GDT: Selection Sunday

Pistol

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not that smart, I guess I will wait til announced. I have a hotel in 4 different cities as of now.

Pretty much going to any location but San Jose. Flights and hotels are just insanely expensive and I doubt American Airlines is going to let me use my miles to get a free flight.

Why do you say that?

Seeds can go anywhere. They are not locked into any particular city with the pod system.

Yes, you're absolutely right that seeds are not "locked" to any particular site but the higher the overall seed, the more likely they play close to home. For example, if Louisville is the number 1 overall seed, they will be the 1 seed in the MW and they will play their first game in Lexington (the closest site). Indiana, the 2nd 1 seed would then play in the East (probably) and play their first weekend games in Dayton. The committee keeps putting teams into the first round sites that are closest until the site is full. Too many teams from the B1G will be seeded ahead of the Bills for us to play in a place like Dayton. I said we are more likely to play in Austin/San Jose/SLC because those are the leftover sites. No 1-4 seed other than New Mexico and Gonzaga are close. (OK State or K State could go to Austin as well) 4 seeds are the last teams to get placed in sites because seeds 5 and up have to "follow" a higher seed to that site ( a five has to go to the same place as a four).

When will school call tomorrow with news of the tickets. Even tjough bill club member. Not sure will get favorable news for the close sites

I got tickets last year and I'm pretty low on the list. I wanna say they just emailed me that I got the tickets and no phone call