New Signees

Has anyone heard any mention of the academic situations of either Newborne or Alexander? Hearing the description of Antwan's playing ability, I would have to assume that he took the JC route strictly because high school and/or ACT performance did not make him eligible. Has this been rectified? I'd hate to get another eleventh hour surprise reminiscent of that with Brandon Morris.

As reported earlier, Alexander has good grades but needed to have one of his classes accepted as towards his major. Brad withheld releasing the signed LOI until they had clearance that the class was accepted. I have information to verify if Newborne has the grades but given how Brad handled Alexander I think it is safe to assume that he did the same with Newborne.

Newbourne was the one we were waiting to hear about one class with. I have no idea about Alexander although it wouldn't surprise me if he was a risk just because he seems to be icing on the cake (we really do have a bunch of quality guards already) and if he he didn't show up it wouldn't be the end of the world. This is just pure speculation on my part.

i have heard rumors neither of the jucos are in academically yet and need summer work to get in. i hope my sources are wrong.