Every body is losing--We should be a 2 seed.

willie

Win out and we can't be worse than a 4.

Lunardi is saying that SLU would need some help to get a 4 seed if they win tournament. That just doesn't seem correct to me. I think they should easily be a 4 in that scenario and most likely a 3.

4 seed if we are fortunate; I'm guessing a 5 seed. I don't think winning or not winning the A10 will affect it either way, except IF we win the tournament it may catapult us to 4 seed status.

no way we get a 3. Honestly I don't believe we deserve it anyway.

And frankly given how schools like SLU have gotten the shaft in past years, a 6 would not even surprise me, esp. if we lose to Butler. Actually there are advantages to getting a 6, because then we would not meet a #1 till regional finals (assuming everyone wins according to form).

it's funny how greedy we've become. in years past we would be peeing our pants for a 4 or 5 seed. actually I'm planning on peeing my pants tomorrow anyway...

i think had we not stumbled at xu and won the tourney a 3 seed could have been had. i believe we need to win these two games to get a 4. i am hoping we have now done enough to avoid an 8 or 9 should we lose today.

I think winning the A10 regular season championship will hold some weight especially considering we'll get a minnimum of 4 but probably 5 teams in. If we win out and we aren't a 3 we got ripped.

Doc B, why wouldn't we deserve a 3? Look at our last 25 games. Every other team also has bad losses. I'd like to see the 12 teams you think would be more deserving than us.

4 seed if we are fortunate; I'm guessing a 5 seed. I don't think winning or not winning the A10 will affect it either way, except IF we win the tournament it may catapult us to 4 seed status.

no way we get a 3. Honestly I don't believe we deserve it anyway...

Not sure how you can say this. Winning the A10 likely will require two more quality wins over VCU and Butler, both teams with great RPI. If we win out, that's a 6-0 record against the top teams in the A10 with home, road and neutral site victories. Absolute dominance in one of the country's strongest conferences. 4 seed easy with a real shot at 3.

no way we get a 3. Honestly I don't believe we deserve it anyway.

And frankly given how schools like SLU have gotten the shaft in past years, a 6 would not even surprise me, esp. if we lose to Butler. Actually there are advantages to getting a 6, because then we would not meet a #1 till regional finals (assuming everyone wins according to form).

it's funny how greedy we've become. in years past we would be peeing our pants for a 4 or 5 seed. actually I'm planning on peeing my pants tomorrow anyway...

Yeah and Missouri deserved a 1 seed last year ... Give me a break, Doc Brown! :)

Doc B was recently posting that teams like Indiana and Michigan were just light years ahead of SLU athletically, so its not surprising he doesn't think we would be deserving of a 3 or 4 seed even if our ratings are in the top 12 or top 16.

I'll take a stab at clarifying. Personally, I think we do "deserve" a 4 seed, I think. But I was really talking about what I think we might get. As I mentioned, teams outside of BCS have often gotten the shaft, historically. And it's true, I doubt if we would "deserve" a 3 seed, which puts us in the 9-12 ranking. But again, mostly I mean to say, the committee will not favor us the way it favors a team like Missouri (overrated as it turned out to be). I actually think arguments about what a team "deserves" are not just naive; they are kind of pointless. I can't wait to see the board melt down if the committee assigns us a 6 seed (or --God help them! a 7). I'm not predicting that but it could happen, especially if we lose today.

Yes, in my opinion, Indiana probably is light-years ahead of us. I'm having some doubts about Michigan, but believe me we would have our hands full. Both deserve higher seeds than us, correct??

And I also know this next point will be anathema on the board right now: but I would be pretty shocked to see us win out in the A10. We had one amazing streak yesterday against UNCC, at about the 10 min. mark of first half; plus (newsflash): UNCC is just not very good. I love this team; but overall the recent pattern of very poor outside shooting is beginning to worry me (no names mentioned here). I love Evans, I actually think he should be player of the year in the A10; but believe me he will not score 25 against one of the top teams that has a couple of athletic 6'8' guys to hug him all game.

To be honest I find these end of year conference tourneys tiresome and very artificial, and they belittle to entire conference game story. I will be rooting for the Bills today like always but the real games begin Thursday. Win, lose or draw, I think our seeding should be about the same = 4-5 is what we "deserve". What that means is, if all goes according to plan and we win 2 games, we would face a #1 seed in first game of the regional. Can't wait: but again, it would be a major upset of a team "light-years" ahead of us athletically.

ps: I'm pretty old-school, and I think "athletic" can be very overrated. We could beat a team like Indiana or Gonzaga -- but I think our best chance would be to shoot a little better than 5 for 23 from 3-point line. (pps: we were 0 for 7 in second half yesterday)

I don't want to meet them any earlier than we have to, but I would love to see what McCall and Jett could do against Burke and Hardaway. I can't think of a better backcourt to test their mettle. Maybe throw Kwamain at them as well. :)

Can you imagine if we had Femi???

I'm still just looking for the 12 better teams.

My guess is win today and a 4. Lose a 5.

I do think Doc B is right in that the selection comittee will look to find a way to get a Big 6 school a higher seed while looking at why not to give it to a school like us.

I still am worried about ending up in San Jose or Salt Lake City as a 4/5. Last year those two seeds had to make long trips to their first round sites.

This would be a disaster for fans but I get the feeling that this team would just take it in stride and go about their business. Perhaps if the committee screws us in the first site they will make it up to us by putting us in the Midwest Region so we can all watch the Bills cut down the nets at Lucas Oil on our way to ATL.

Honestly I'm still trying to get my head around how good we are playing right now. Maybe we really do deserve a 4 seed, (but still not a 3, sorry just cannot see it)!

If a 4: Our second game could conceivably be against a big conference type team, like Wisconsin or Syracuse, Arizona, Pitt, Kansas State, etc. That will be quite a match, for the right to play a #1 seed. Wisconsin was very good yesterday...

Right now I still see the Bills as an under appreciated team both in current rank and potential seed. I don't think that will change win or lose today. My hope is that our team feels the same way, and that going into the Big Dance they will have a chip on their shoulder feeling they have reason and the team to prove the naysayers wrong. Let's Go Bills!!!