A10 Awards

Interesting question. Do you suppose they even know who the starters are to begin with when they vote?

Don't know, but I was just thinking about a CE or JJ type player. There are others from other teams in the past that would be candidates, but I would need to do some research. And that's not going to happen because I'm sitting under an umbrella with a drink with an umbrella and watching seagulls. Spring break. ?

I think there is an A10 POY and then four more first teamers. Plus a second and a third team. Plus an all-defensive team. Last year, there was a "sixth man award" and it was won by Ronald Roberts, Jr. of St. Joe's.

If I had a vote, Khalid Wyatt is POY. Evans is a first team selection. I would say both Jett and McCall get defensive all-team awards and would even recommend Mike for Defensive POY. The guys he covered and help shut down are amazing .... Clarke, Galloway, Jones, Williams, Dillard, McDonald, Frazier, Theus ... just huge.

Crews is coach of the year, hands-down. Unanimous in my book.

First team: Wyatt, Evans, Clarke, Reddic and Roberts.

Second: R. Galloway, Graham, Williams, Conger and Christon.

Third: Munford, Rosie Jones, Frazier, Brothers and Taylor.

Defense: McCall, Jett, Theus, Henry and Aiken.

Rookies: Christon, Clayton, Dunham, Pierre, Larsen.

Coach: Crews.

Most Improved: Devin Oliver or Rob Loe.

Believe this is all announced in time for Thursday noon tip in Brooklyn. I think the overall team will diminish the returns for Saint Louis individuals.

Evans is a pretty good student, correct? Could be an academic as well. Also, I thought someone mentioned JB was an outstanding student, maybe him as well?

Some awards that should be passed out but won't:

Best hair: tie CE, JJ, and Garland of LaSalle

Best flopper: CE

Most irritating coach: Hurley

Most irritating ref: All of them

Best student section: tie, SLU, Butler, VCU

Nastiest student section: X

Best Band: SLU

Most Valuable Booster: Doctor C

Most over rated team: St. Joe's and Butler a close second

Conklin award for best screen: CE

Elevator award: JJ

I'm sure I've left some out. Feel free to add to the discussion.

A-10 Coach of the Year - RM... he got screwed out of the award last year. Plus, he gets credit for having Crews on staff.

slu 72, most irritating coach has a lot of good candidates - Giannini has got to be at the top of that list. That guy from Bonawelding always annoys me. Archie, just because of his name and the fact that he is coaching the sweatervests.

Jett should get 6th man of the year, all defensive team and 3rd team all conference. If he doesn't get on one of the all-conference teams, than his tremendous value has been overlooked.

Don't know, but I was just thinking about a CE or JJ type player. There are others from other teams in the past that would be candidates, but I would need to do some research. And that's not going to happen because I'm sitting under an umbrella with a drink with an umbrella and watching seagulls. Spring break.

If you're on Sanibel, watch out for 20-year-old twins driving a Chevy Cruze. They're trouble.

I think there is an A10 POY and then four more first teamers. Plus a second and a third team. Plus an all-defensive team. Last year, there was a "sixth man award" and it was won by Ronald Roberts, Jr. of St. Joe's.

If I had a vote, Khalid Wyatt is POY. Evans is a first team selection. I would say both Jett and McCall get defensive all-team awards and would even recommend Mike for Defensive POY. The guys he covered and help shut down are amazing .... Clarke, Galloway, Jones, Williams, Dillard, McDonald, Frazier, Theus ... just huge.

Crews is coach of the year, hands-down. Unanimous in my book.

First team: Wyatt, Evans, Clarke, Reddic and Roberts.

Second: R. Galloway, Graham, Williams, Conger and Christon.

Third: Munford, Rosie Jones, Frazier, Brothers and Taylor.

Defense: McCall, Jett, Theus, Henry and Aiken.

Rookies: Christon, Clayton, Dunham, Pierre, Larsen.

Coach: Crews.

Most Improved: Devin Oliver or Rob Loe.

Believe this is all announced in time for Thursday noon tip in Brooklyn. I think the overall team will diminish the returns for Saint Louis individuals.

I believe that Jett and McCall would be worthy members of the all defensive team but one unsung hero of our defense over the past month or so is KM. His defense this past Saturday on Galloway was magnifcent and he has been playing like that for 4-6 weeks. We are blessed to have these three wonderful defenders and the job DE did on the New Mexico star was incredible as well. Then we have the best help defense rotations I have ever seen when we are on! At our best, we are scary good on defense!

Evans is a pretty good student, correct? Could be an academic as well. Also, I thought someone mentioned JB was an outstanding student, maybe him as well?

Some awards that should be passed out but won't:

Best hair: tie CE, JJ, and Garland of LaSalle

Best flopper: CE

Most irritating coach: Hurley

Most irritating ref: All of them

Best student section: tie, SLU, Butler, VCU

Nastiest student section: X

Best Band: SLU

Most Valuable Booster: Doctor C

Most over rated team: St. Joe's and Butler a close second

Conklin award for best screen: CE

Elevator award: JJ

I'm sure I've left some out. Feel free to add to the discussion.

agreed on all, and i gotdamn love me some JJ, but i'm done praising his hops until he starts stuffing it. he gets the missed dunk award. i'm sure he just has small hands, and i've back-rimmed about 19,000 dunks myself, but he needs to start getting them to go down.

We need an annual 'Billiken Board Awards' to recognize our most knowledgeable posters (ie Backhand), our biggest trolls (ie Posty), and most annoying posters (ie JimmyTwoTimes), etc

Did that new Beamer not come with navigation? I haven't seen you in 108 or the Fetz lately.

agreed on all, and i gotdamn love me some JJ, but i'm done praising his hops until he starts stuffing it. he gets the missed dunk award. i'm sure he just has small hands, and i've back-rimmed about 19,000 dunks myself, but he needs to start getting them to go down.

It seems he always uses his left hand. Thats odd to me considering he shoots right handed.

Any dunkers have any reason why he would be more comfotlrtable going lefty?

It seems he always uses his left hand. Thats odd to me considering he shoots right handed.

Any dunkers have any reason why he would be more comfotlrtable going lefty?

The majority of his drives are also to the left and he finishes very well with his left hand away from the defender

Jett hasn't dunked much in games. I think next season he throws one down every game. He does make small mistakes that don't allow him to finish. He went right against LaSalle and had a great chance at a dunk. For some reason he turned his body and tried to go left hand and missed. Guys on TV make it look easy. In my early 20s I could dunk with ease but actually doing it in a game, especially a one hand tomahawk when you are 6'2 was very difficult. I probably made them once out of every ten times I tried.

Jett hasn't dunked much in games. I think next season he throws one down every game. He does make small mistakes that don't allow him to finish. He went right against LaSalle and had a great chance at a dunk. For some reason he turned his body and tried to go left hand and missed. Guys on TV make it look easy. In my early 20s I could dunk with ease but actually doing it in a game, especially a one hand tomahawk when you are 6'2 was very difficult. I probably made them once out of every ten times I tried.

yep. i'm 6'4" and never dunked in a legit high school game. scrimmages, midnight madness type games, yes, but never did put one down in a real game. my coach was obsessed with me flushing one and called a set oop play twice against the dirtiest team we played, in the playoffs. i was a one-foot jumper, and was undercut both times. i told him we're not fuoking doing that anymore. i can't believe that photo of JJ going down. somebody should have fuoking monkeystomped the piece of sh!t that did it.

after i blew my ACL/MCL/everything in my left knee fuoking around at simon rec, i had derrick rose-itis, and still do, i guess. i can still dunk, but it's a tall, goofy white guy dunk. bottom line is yes, it's not easy in a game situation.

i can't wait for jett to stuff 'em left and right next year. he's a monster, he's just trying to put it down too hard, i think.

Jett, at 6'1", is going to need a lot of takeoff runway. Fast breaks. One-on-one breakaways after busting some ankles. That kind of stuff. He has great hops, but a skywalker he is not.

As for dunks, did I or did I not see Evans wheel early in the first half and throw one down with authority against La Salle? The dunk was disallowed due to a quick foul call but DE went jam-time from the arc area on in. So he CAN do that? Given the recent bunnie problems, I say do it more.