Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has really been a flurry of information regarding recruiting these last few days. We go from very limited knowledge to a bunch of visits. It seems the staff is out there hustling all over the country from Strawberry in CA, D. Knight in TX, Achraf in Philly. They just gotta close that deal. ABC Always Be Closing

That's quite a list on Rivals.

Anyway, he averaged 12 MPG at Villanova this year, and 10 his freshman year. Certainly intriguing, based on the kind of recruit he was out of high school. But found himself on the bench on an average, unpredictable 'Nova team this season. Anyone know more of the story on him?

I thought the same about him maybe he was a guy those big programs were just wrong about. However, if we take the information from this tweet for the truth then Pitt is also interested. Same conferece (soon not to be) and should have good first hand knowledge of the guy. That's good enough for me I'll take Jamie Dixon's assessment of him.

That's quite a list on Rivals.

Anyway, he averaged 12 MPG at Villanova this year, and 10 his freshman year. Certainly intriguing, based on the kind of recruit he was out of high school. But found himself on the bench on an average, unpredictable 'Nova team this season. Anyone know more of the story on him?

Looks like it was more of a situation where he was always going to be stuck behind Artcidiancono, Hillard and Bell. And while Bell will graduate after next season, it was still not definite that he was going to get more than bench minutes two years from now.

I thought the same about him maybe he was a guy those big programs were just wrong about. However, if we take the information from this tweet for the truth then Pitt is also interested. Same conferece (soon not to be) and should have good first hand knowledge of the guy. That's good enough for me I'll take Jamie Dixon's assessment of him.

Agreed. Would much rather take a "chance" on a kid that was signed by Nova after being offerend by UConn and UK, than "reach" for some kid we all hope turns into something in two or three years. Give me the kid with the talent any day

Just to clarify- transfers within D-1 require that the player sit one full year, but does the player also lose a year of eligibility? Or did they do away with that finally?

Just to clarify- transfers within D-1 require that the player sit one full year, but does the player also lose a year of eligibility? Or did they do away with that finally?

They have 5 years to fulfill 4 years of coursework. Therefore, he can sit out the year and then still play an additional 2 years, as long as he didn't redshirt at any time previously.

They have 5 years to fulfill 4 years of coursework. Therefore, he can sit out the year and then still play an additional 2 years, as long as he didn't redshirt at any time previously.

Got it. And 6 up to 6 years with 2 medical redshirts is allowed.

Didn't it used to be that they lost a year of eligibility in addition to the year of sitting out?

From an interview prior to his arrival at VU

SLAM: You have been committed for some time. How do you expect to impact your team at the college level immediately?
AY: By my toughness, will, lock-down defense and shooting.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/high-school-wire/2010/09/ashraf-yacoubou-q-a/

Here is my ideal recruiting class... Djambo, Agbeko and Yacoubou. They all have great names and the best part would be listening to PA announcer Gus Phelps deliver those names flawlessly.

This.

I want Saintil (looks like a better player than Strawberry), Agbeko (big upside and plays a position of need), and Djambo. But if we could land the transfer he'd probably take one of those spots.

Here is my ideal recruiting class... Djambo, Agbeko and Yacoubou. They all have great names and the best part would be listening to PA announcer Gus Phelps deliver those names flawlessly.

He'll fire himself if those three are added to the roster.

I'm sticking with Djambo and Agbeko as my two biggest hopes from this pool. Knight seems like a nice scorer but has some red flags. Santil and Strawberry are both intriguing, as is Yacoubou, and all for different reasons. If we manage to land Djambo and Agbeko, I'd be happy with any one of those three. Or maybe one of the two PGs, one of the two bigs, and Yacoubou. That'd be a balanced class, along with Crawford.

The question is drew, are we trying to make him a big man like DE, or more of a wing/slasher.

He'll fire himself if those three are added to the roster.

I'm sticking with Djambo and Agbeko as my two biggest hopes from this pool. Knight seems like a nice scorer but has some red flags. Santil and Strawberry are both intriguing, as is Yacoubou, and all for different reasons. If we manage to land Djambo and Agbeko, I'd be happy with any one of those three. Or maybe one of the two PGs, one of the two bigs, and Yacoubou. That'd be a balanced class, along with Crawford.

The question is drew, are we trying to make him a big man like DE, or more of a wing/slasher.

He seems to have a much smaller frame than DE. I don't see him bulking up to play much of a forward role. He's a small 3, or "long" 2.

He seems to have a much smaller frame than DE. I don't see him bulking up to play much of a forward role. He's a small 3, or "long" 2.

I thought Drew looked bigger than Evans did as a frosh for sure

according to rivals, DE was 3 pounds more coming out of HS, BUT DE didnt get a whole year to sit around and lift, so.

I thought Drew looked bigger than Evans did as a frosh for sure