Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No inside info from me. Im just a run of the mill message board moron.

I pick a choose what info I want to believe that is posted on here.

Ill tell you this, I put a lot more weight to the info 72 provides that Billikan.

Billikan may be right but at least 72 isnt a ****** about everything.

He posts thought out reasonable statements while Billikan belittles people and then cries about people not listening.

I just hope we can offer Uncle Drew before anyone else discovers him. He still has a year of eligibility. Dude can ball.

"Are those hospital shoes...?"

I'm beginning to wonder if you're Biondi, Billikan. It's frustrating craning my neck to look up at you on your high horse. So, are you telling me that the following things in slufan72's post are false:

* Cheryl Levick was blindsided by Brad Soderberg's dismissal;

* She didn't consult with Father Biondi regarding continuing with Soderberg;

* Soderberg's team won 20 games that year;

* There was an increase in required giving for certain seats (which helped defray certain cost increases)?

After all you said that nothing in the post was close to the truth. Why don't you specify what was incorrect, lest you look like a "message board moron" yourself?

Are we counting rockhurst in that 20 win total?

If is dad shows up can we all chant "DARE - ULLLLL.....DARE - ULLLL" like back in the day when he played for the Mets? It used to get to him sometimes.

Actually, the week before RM was hired, Wright presented, to a group I belong, a table indicating required annual donations and season ticket prices for the first year in Chaifetz. The day after RM was hired the current pricing and donation levels were publicly released. I can tall you originally my seats had a $300 per year donation requirement and it increased to $400 per year after Rick's hiring. No big deal to me, I have no doubt we all agree he's been worth every dollar.

Sorry, I didn't retain the chart. I have no reason to fabricate this. I only post on here when I believe there are misstatements that should be corrected. Believe what you want.

I think you need to send a pm to Billikan - he can learn

Looks like PG Jordan Strawberry set to visit SLU late April.

Impossible, recruiting stopped last November and won't be restarted until a coach is named.

Right? That's what the brain trust here has decided right?

I think you need to send a pm to Billikan - he can learn

I agree with many things Billikan says, and definitely don't want to fight with him or anyone else. We're all Bills fans. There's not enough of us!! Let's get along, even though that's not the norm for this kind of board, grow the group and kick some serious butt next year.

This year was the best in my 43 years of attending, and I can't wait for more.

By the way, the annual golf tournament is Monday, May 6. It's the major fundraiser for the Billiken Club. If you can, please join in. This is part of the way the AD pays for things like the charters. I'm hoping Lisa Stone will be there to give an update on her program. Lets hope we've put the coach issue behind us and we've got recruits signed. JC could give us an update. He is a terrific speaker, in my opinion.

PEACE

Last I heard, Darryl was living, of all places, in St. Charles County. Met and married a woman in rehab who was from St. Louis.

He used to come to Billiken games at Savvis all the time. Sat right by us. Is Jordan really his son?

He used to come to Billiken games at Savvis all the time. Sat right by us. Is Jordan really his son?

Yup. Plays for one of the best HS teams in the country. More of a pass-first type of PG and gets knocked for his lack of "elite" quickness.

Crews was at Wash Ave establishment this morning with recruit. Any idea who this may have been?

Shut up! We all know Crews doesn't recruit. Plus, even if he does recruit, we all know he won't do any recruiting until there is a puff of white smoke from DuBourg, Biondi appears on a balcony, and there is an announcement heard across the land that JC has been pronounced the new pope, er, head coach.

Darryl Strawberry invested a TON of money in that large bizzare looking building at 40 & Woodsmill, SW quadrant, looks like some Arabic design on it, 25+ yrs ago.

After he and some others made the committment, the highway dept drastically altered the highway and ramps such that the builiding that had been convenient to the highways was made to be cumbersome, awkward to approach.

A lot of their high paying tenents left, and the few new ones they could get would not pay even close to the rates that were previously in effect, and the investor group when **** up, they all lost their ass, including Darryl.

I think Charter moved into the building for about a decade long after this debacle.