Recruiting - 2013

I heard somewhere he graduated in four years with a degree in psychology. I don't recall the source so I can't verify its accuracy, but this is the internet so it must be true.

I think that is what I heard a couple years ago also. I really believe Melvin Robinson is the one besides Grawer who suffered as Upchurch could really pass and Mel was giving it back at their short time together. Ironic we kept Mel and couldn't get him all the way to graduation.

I sure hope we keep up the Majerus image when it comes to coaches demanding student athletes.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... Mike McCall tweets 'Your GPA is a 1.3 and you're talking about "turn down for what" Lmao Stfu and turn in some assignments' and then @keithcarter 'dumass'... So I guess there's that. : /

He was responding to a Keith Carter tweet about the Miami Heat. The two were not related?

What is so interesting about it?

I think that is what I heard a couple years ago also. I really believe Melvin Robinson is the one besides Grawer who suffered as Upchurch could really pass and Mel was giving it back at their short time together. Ironic we kept Mel and couldn't get him all the way to graduation.

I sure hope we keep up the Majerus image when it comes to coaches demanding student athletes.

Give it up. It happened 25 years ago. Time to look forward, Bills fans.

Anyone catch RO's anouncement??? I must have missed it. Or did he set it back another week? Never mind we are looking elsewhere, reight?

he still hasn't made anything official but there is still a little time til the end of the week but the Biils are looking elsewhere. he also hasn't said anything about it being moved back

Per the Twitterz, RO to make his decision Wednesday morning and choose between LSU and Texas Tech.

Of course.

When Randy said "final 3" he really meant "3 schools I'd love to attend if they'd let me in."

Edit: I still think Ben Weix was wrong when he said Randy was a "priority" for SLU. SLU went to Cali to see Lancona.

Of course.

When Randy said "final 3" he really meant "3 schools I'd love to attend if they'd let me in."

Edit: I still think Ben Weix was wrong when he said Randy was a "priority" for SLU. SLU went to Cali to see Lancona.

Ben may have said that but it was a long time ago. Readers of his board have known for a while we weren't still recruiting him.

Will he be announcing where he will be transferring in two years at the same time, or will he wait a few weeks on that announcement?

I have a feeling Randy may be the next Patrick Ingram... Fish for a BCS offer... then jump on it when you actually get one and then transfer the following year after riding the pine.

This was the situation that used to bug the crap out of me.

Recruit turns us down for programs that are far weaker than us because of BCS. I used to think it was because we couldn't close the deal...now I'm thinking we legitimately didn't want some of those players.

The academic thing (if true) is probably a deal-breaker, even for me.

He was responding to a Keith Carter tweet about the Miami Heat. The two were not related?

What is so interesting about it?

Then I misunderstood. Don't follow heat at all.

Realistically, this RO stuff is pretty funny. Does anyone short of those immediately around him care what or who he announces? Others have said it -- may be a 2-star recruit, milking the process, wants BCS offer, etc., etc. Yet he's playing it up like he's Wiggans or Jabari Smith or the Harrison twins. Plus, signing day done come and gone, you ain't nuthin' in the overall process. Can anyone in Lubbock or Baton Rouge be holding their breaths on this one? Plus, it appears even if he does "commit" he ain't qualified.

Tweet this peanut --- nobody cares. Ho-hum.

Saintil is going to prep school after saying SLU would have been his first choice. Pretty good sign we backed off, and I imagine things won't reopen with him again.

Good luck to Onwuasor at TTU. Someday I'd be curious to hear what the whole story was with his recruitment. Odd timeline.

Saintil is going to prep school after saying SLU would have been his first choice. Pretty good sign we backed off, and I imagine things won't reopen with him again.

Good luck to Onwuasor at TTU. Someday I'd be curious to hear what the whole story was with his recruitment. Odd timeline.

Heck of a job Pistol with the recruiting updates. Saintil didn't seem too happy with SLU towards the end of the RO saga either. Oh well, the quality of the guys we brought in is nice. Some very talented kids.

I would rather be patient a hold out for a better transfer.

Yep. I'd say that at this point, the cupboard is basically bare when it comes to high school seniors. The only chance we get someone who is eligible to play next year is if it is an international player we haven't heard about or a transfer who's already graduated college but has a year of eligibility left to go to graduate school. Most likely, that scholly is going to a late transfer whose eligible in 2014 or carried over to next year's class.