Recruiting - 2013

We are still on two recruits that could compete for the interchangeable nine.

If we don't get either of them it will be because our guards MM, JJ, and Austin McBroom scare them off and they want to play for a lesser team that can promise them more minutes. Keith Carter had to realize he did not have the size, speed, and ball handling skills to compete in the A10

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still on two recruits that could compete for the interchangeable nine.

If we don't get either of them it will be because our guards MM, JJ, and Austin McBroom scare them off and they want to play for a lesser team that can promise them more minutes. Keith Carter had to realize he did not have the size, speed, and ball handling skills to compete in the A10

Who are you talking about?

I'm guessing, RO and the Nova transfer? But maybe 68's an insider and knows something we mbm's don't.

How much did he give last year? '68 did you hit the $25,001.00 threshhold? If so, could you throw us morons a bone?

I'm guessing, RO and the Nova transfer? But maybe 68's an insider and knows something we mbm's don't.

It seems unlikely that we could land anybody at this stage of the recruiting game who could crack next year's 9-man rotation. It seems most likely we are looking at transfers, but if we do land a HS kid it would most likely be somebody to redshirt or sit on the end of the bench his first season. I would be pleasantly surprised if that is not the case.

Whatever happens happens, I guess.

Talk about strange stuff and how I wouldn't want to be involved in this crap .... but Onwuasor tweeted about "committing to Washington State." I found that odd but then saw it was about a friend of his, Zaire Andre or Andre Zaire or someone named or handled along those lines. Yet, this guy is nowhere listed on the Wazzu web page and there is no mention of him in the (limited) data base searches I did.

Then it struck me, isn't this the same school that screwed Tanner Lancona over? Yep, Wazzu. Not saying anything more than this is an extremely fuoked business to be in. And then when you read the so-called members of the current Wazzu roster, they have 15 guys listed as either on scholarship or with signed Letters of Intent in. Seems two over that limit by my count. And they let Lancona, a 2.7 star power forward go, oiver the likes of a 2.3 star replacment. Don't know who or what this Zaire Andre guy is or plays but that ought to add more fuel to an already strange fire flaming up in Pullman.

OOOPS! Seems Zaire Andre is a football wideout. Nevermind!

As for RO, I'm guessing he'll be taking visits thru August. He's racking up those free miles.

Isn't there a limit of 5 Official visits a recruit can take? At least that was the case when I was in high school. My parenrts had to flip the bill for over that.

Taj, does your keyboard have either a "Delete" or "Backspace" key?

http://www.rantsports.com/prep-sports/2013/05/28/underrated-3-star-receiver-zaire-andre-picks-washington-state-cougars/

It's a friend of Randy's. Nothing to worry about. We only need to concern ourselves with LSU, Texas Tech, and Miami-Ohio when it comes to his recruitment.

Whatever happens happens, I guess.

Talk about strange stuff and how I wouldn't want to be involved in this crap .... but Onwuasor tweeted about "committing to Washington State." I found that odd but then saw it was about a friend of his, Zaire Andre or Andre Zaire or someone named or handled along those lines. Yet, this guy is nowhere listed on the Wazzu web page and there is no mention of him in the (limited) data base searches I did.

Then it struck me, isn't this the same school that screwed Tanner Lancona over? Yep, Wazzu. Not saying anything more than this is an extremely fuoked business to be in. And then when you read the so-called members of the current Wazzu roster, they have 15 guys listed as either on scholarship or with signed Letters of Intent in. Seems two over that limit by my count. And they let Lancona, a 2.7 star power forward go, oiver the likes of a 2.3 star replacment. Don't know who or what this Zaire Andre guy is or plays but that ought to add more fuel to an already strange fire flaming up in Pullman.

OOOPS! Seems Zaire Andre is a football wideout. Nevermind!

I said "Ooops."

While I messed upon the WR recruit, the gist about Wazzu having 15 guys on basketball scholly still is truth per verbalcommits.

<delete>

<backspace>

I said "Ooops."

While I messed upon the WR recruit, the gist about Wazzu having 15 guys on basketball scholly still is truth per verbalcommits.

<delete>

<backspace>

It looks like there is some overlap and old information there. They have Danny Lawhorn listed as both a junior and a freshman (he is a JUCO transfer). Also, they still have Richard Peters listed from the previous year's commitments. However, he wasn't able to qualify and had to go the JUCO route, so he is not on scholarship at WSU right now. He is currently at Tallahassee CC, from what I can tell.

I said "Ooops."

<delete>

<backspace>

The ooops was fine and all but some people actually read what you write. Once you realized that you had written close to 200 words about something that related to Washington St. football, most posters would have deleted it.

Isn't there a limit of 5 Official visits a recruit can take? At least that was the case when I was in high school. My parenrts had to flip the bill for over that.

Just curious, what were the visits like? Promises of playing time, etc or just pretty straight up stuff(i.e. come here and get a good education and a chance to compete for playing time)?

Maybe we can let Randy O know that SLU's buildings have AC. This is what he just tweeted from his visit at TTech:

No air condition in the buildings? I'm sweating in here lol

Randy O (@_Peanut3)

If he got to the local rattlesnakes, scorpions, and tarantula he would be even more freaked out although the thought of summer school and 95 or 100 degree pretty stifling to the average young mind trying to study college algebra

this is a little interesting and may be the reason why Ro hasn't commited:

Randy O

Who wants to help me study for the sat? 11min

He probably isn't that good academically or doesn't check out academically

One good thing verbalcommits is good for is showing deleted tweets like this one

Maybe SLU isn't waiting on Randy O; he might have gotten an offer based on qualifying....