Recruiting - 2013

The fact that we did no recruiting during the season has more to do with losing out on these recruits than the delay process of officially hiring Crews. Theses other schools have had long relationships with these kids and we are entering in late.

Sorry bud but this only shows you haven't been paying attention. After RM passed they shut down recruiting for the month of December. It started right back up in earnest with the new year. They've been very clear on this.

Ben W just posted something about 3 recruits visiting this week alone.

People really need to calm the fcuk down.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Soderberg was on a recruiting trip in Kentucky recruiting a kid who wound up choosing Western Kentucky. The kid's name escapes me, but he was a real nice player. Like an undersized inside player, a bit like Dwight Evans. His name escaped me, but I watched him play a few times. I think he helped WKU beat Illinois in the Big Dance. Anyway, it seemed like right after we didn't land that kid, Sodie was gone.

i am positive it was eberhardt. that is first hand from soderberg.

i am positive it was eberhardt. that is first hand from soderberg.

OK, I don't doubt it. He was also recruiting Pettigrew right around that time, too, and took a trip to Kentucky. It was in one of the articles right after his firing. Maybe it was a few days earlier.

Are you sure it wasn't Marcus Relphorde?

Relphorde had already played a season for the Bills at this point. He left after Majerus came on board. I wish he would have stayed - he turned out to be a nice player. Would have certainly helped out on the CBI and "situation year" teams.

Relphorde had already played a season for the Bills at this point. He left after Majerus came on board. I wish he would have stayed - he turned out to be a nice player. Would have certainly helped out on the CBI and "situation year" teams.

That is incorrect. Relphorde had committed before Soderberg was fired, but his freshman year -- the only one he played for SLU -- was in Majerus's first year. He left after that season along with Anthony Mitchell, Maguire, and Knollmeyer.

I think there were two big boosters who told Biondi to let BS go - I was told this from a guy who was at a gathering where it was first broached but not decided. They also said that they would pay RM's salary or part of it - I am not sure I remember exactly how much they paid. In fairness to the boosters, they had been twisting Biondi's arm for a couple of years and it was the opening of the new arena that finally got his full attention - season tix sales had been dropping fast and Biondi realized he had to do something or be stuck with a white elephant. Now for those who point to the arena as the sign of great success - I will give part of that but I was also told by someone else that Biondi expected the arena to make money by renting it out and in fact he was roundly criticized by those who were involved with the Scott Trade Center/Blues for even talking about it a few years before. When he realized that season tix sales were dropping as much he became concerned that the arena would end up loosing money and he did not want that for any reason - hence the hiring of RM and the firing of BS. Those said that neither BS nor Levick knew are correct but the problem with that is that Levick - who I liked - should have gotten the retention of BS validated before she went and told him.

First, there was no reason for Levick to check if BS was being fired. He was still under contract, won 20 games and there wasn't any talk of letting him go. She was completely blindsided.

Second, the increase in salary for RM vs. BS was covered by increasing the price of the donation for each season ticket (in the appropriate 3 sections). The increase over what was originally determined by Mark Wright was about $100 per seat, or $500,000 per year. This opinion that RM's salary was paid by one or two boosters is not correct. It may be that some supporters came forward with extra money for charters, training, etc. that I don't know.

First, there was no reason for Levick to check if BS was being fired. He was still under contract, won 20 games and there wasn't any talk of letting him go. She was completely blindsided.

Second, the increase in salary for RM vs. BS was covered by increasing the price of the donation for each season ticket (in the appropriate 3 sections). The increase over what was originally determined by Mark Wright was about $100 per seat, or $500,000 per year. This opinion that RM's salary was paid by one or two boosters is not correct. It may be that some supporters came forward with extra money for charters, training, etc. that I don't know.

OK you right - what a tool

Another post with so called "facts' that contains complete fabrications made up out of whole cloth. Nothing about this is even close to the truth but again we have someone posting who knows nothing but posts things as facts. Message board morons drive me crazy.

Another post with so called "facts' that contains complete fabrications made up out of whole cloth. Nothing about this is even close to the truth but again we have someone posting who knows nothing but posts things as facts. Message board morons drive me crazy.

To the extent you can provide any facts, I think the board would love to hear 'em.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're Biondi, Billikan. It's frustrating craning my neck to look up at you on your high horse. So, are you telling me that the following things in slufan72's post are false:

* Cheryl Levick was blindsided by Brad Soderberg's dismissal;

* She didn't consult with Father Biondi regarding continuing with Soderberg;

* Soderberg's team won 20 games that year;

* There was an increase in required giving for certain seats (which helped defray certain cost increases)?

After all you said that nothing in the post was close to the truth. Why don't you specify what was incorrect, lest you look like a "message board moron" yourself?

72 Fan and his company donate a sizable amount to SLU athletics. According to what you posted yesterday he probably qualifies as a better fan than you.

Actually, the week before RM was hired, Wright presented, to a group I belong, a table indicating required annual donations and season ticket prices for the first year in Chaifetz. The day after RM was hired the current pricing and donation levels were publicly released. I can tall you originally my seats had a $300 per year donation requirement and it increased to $400 per year after Rick's hiring. No big deal to me, I have no doubt we all agree he's been worth every dollar.

Sorry, I didn't retain the chart. I have no reason to fabricate this. I only post on here when I believe there are misstatements that should be corrected. Believe what you want.